Janet Demos

FreelovesJJ

Does anyone know if there are any released demos of Janet in the studio? Like her actually singing her own demo? A lot of artist has them, especially artist who write, produce, or build their own projects. Everyone from Stevie to MJ & it's always amazing to see where they took the song. I feel like I've never heard any of Janet's and I'm curious. 

I wish, I really do. I'm grateful for the unreleased tracks that we have, but truth is she keeps a  EXTREME lock on that shit for real, I agree with what someone said a long time ago, I'd bet she's aware of every available "unreleased" track, and if she's not I'm positive JDJ is. But yea I'm curious about these songs alternate incarnations and their creations, like I've been obsessing over the alternate Escapade track, I WANT MORE OF THIS my God, and it wouldn't surprise me (ESPECIALLY back in the day) if there's lots of alternates like this

Her brothers alternate PYT has also captured my heart for real

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

Jimmy has some cassettes that he posted a photo of a while ago that related to Janet and Mariah when he was having a clear out. I can't remember if they were vocal demos or just backing music.

edit: I have just checked and it was Mary J and Mariah but I guess he must have Janet stuff as well. Someone should tweet him.

Edited by Amy

Seeing Janet in artist mode would be a very good look. I know we've seen snippets of her in the studio, usually recording the backgrounds or listening to a song...but it would be epic to see her fully arrive at the song. From watching her write it to sit down with the beat and mumble lyrics while she has a hook already...to hearing her demos. All of that would be epic. Watching the making of We Are the World is one of music's best moments. Janet being an artists who is said to be over so many aspects of her production, it would be elevating to see her in process. I remember in the 90s she said she wanted to write for other artists...this would be a great way into that. 

I think Janet gets looked over lyrically & creatively when it comes to building the music. I think the mainstream feels she's just a great performer, and it would be cool to have her break out of that mold.

• Upvote 1

I wish, I really do. I'm grateful for the unreleased tracks that we have, but truth is she keeps a  EXTREME lock on that shit for real, I agree with what someone said a long time ago, I'd bet she's aware of every available "unreleased" track, and if she's not I'm positive JDJ is. But yea I'm curious about these songs alternate incarnations and their creations, like I've been obsessing over the alternate Escapade track, I WANT MORE OF THIS my God, and it wouldn't surprise me (ESPECIALLY back in the day) if there's lots of alternates like this

Her brothers alternate PYT has also captured my heart for real

She's aware bc she had those unreleased tracks playing at her concert 

• Upvote 1

iconic hjkhgjkhgjk

Yea we've had pops up for a long time now but it's not quite a demo it's just an unreleased track. A demo is incomplete and you can tell. It literally sounds like a studio session with the raw vocals and them trying to still develop the song. 

• 3 weeks later...

DOPE!! Only jj coulda pulled this off.

• Upvote 1