Janet Coming to Netflix??

I know it's not 'from her lips' yet, but if true this could yield a very interesting way to get back in the public eye. Done tastefully, I think it would be amazing...

http://www.contactmusic.net/janet-jackson/news/janet-jackson-to-make-fly-on-the-wall-documentary_5705215

I doubt this because I don't think it's Janet or Wissam's vibe. Plus 10 part documentary sounds invasive. Also she's going to be on tour for a little bit so when would recording be? Just sounds fishy. 

It would be nice. But I agree with FreelovesJJ, this doesn't sound like something Janet would do but maybe she has mellowed. Anyway ETOnline haven't run the article and they seem to be the most credible source of news lately.

The insider told The Sun newspaper: ''The show will run as a ten-part documentary and will feature recording ­sessions in the studio, co-parenting her child with Wissam and preparing for the European and Asian legs of her tour.

Fake news.

The source also said that whilst the 'Again' singer appreciated the floral present

Alternative facts.

ff1cskjpg.gif

• Upvote 1

I've said for a long time on here Janet should do more behind the scenes things & a documentary where she shows her philanthropic involvement, her creativity, her process BUT it needs to be a documentary of Janet dropping jewels & giving you an eye into her mind & LESS reality tv. The whole Wissam thing - that feels a little eh. If anything maybe show him pick up the baby or her getting the baby & something like her going to work while Eissa is with him but nothing too reality tv driven. 10 parts also sounds unrealistic - if it was just an hour plus long & an option to record the tour w/ BTS footage this would be great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've said for a long time on here Janet should do more behind the scenes things & a documentary where she shows her philanthropic involvement, her creativity, her process BUT it needs to be a documentary of Janet dropping jewels & giving you an eye into her mind & LESS reality tv. The whole Wissam thing - that feels a little eh. If anything maybe show him pick up the baby or her getting the baby & something like her going to work while Eissa is with him but nothing too reality tv driven. 10 parts also sounds unrealistic - if it was just an hour plus long & an option to record the tour w/ BTS footage this would be great. 

Agreed, we don't need a repeat of Life with LaToya.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 parts also sounds unrealistic - 

Not really. There are hundreds of documentaries on Netflix that are more than one episode. From Animals to unsolved mysteries... if the BBC can do a 10 part docu on Animals from a specific part of the world, Janet can do this

do you know the difference between a reality show and a documentary? You seem to confuse the two. 

Edited by State of the Game

I wouldn't mind seeing this series go from the start of her career until now. Show the journey along with behind the scenes stuff for the tour.   

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind seeing this series go from the start of her career until now. Show the journey along with behind the scenes stuff for the tour.   

That would be extensive. I mean some minor recaps would be cool, pics:very brief stories I can understand but we've gotten SOOOO much about her earlier career we can move into the future IMO. I don't want it over or underdone just to satisfy fans. I think it should be a happy medium that's good for everyone (fans & business). The plus of  a Netflix doc is that it lasts longer it will be there through out the tour - driving people to the tour & to her. 

I think the smartest move if this is done would be - a 2 hr doc - her showing her process & speaking on some real things, then if it does well set a negotiation to film & do the concert on closing night where the tour will be there too. If it is 10 parts, which feels like a lot, maybe it should be 30 minutes - that's still 5 hours. I just want it all to make sense. 

This is why fans aren't apart of her team and should just act as fans and not as successful business shakers & movers: "The smartest move..." ? 

No one outside her base gonna sit through a 2 hour docu on Janet Jackson. That's NOT a smart move. It's actually the opposite of a smart move when it comes to Netflix. 

The documentary will be 45-60 minute long, 10 part documentary. Not thirty minutes

Not really. There are hundreds of documentaries on Netflix that are more than one episode. From Animals to unsolved mysteries... if the BBC can do a 10 part docu on Animals from a specific part of the world, Janet can do this

do you know the difference between a reality show and a documentary? You seem to confuse the two. 

I'm not confusing anything. Unrealistic has nothing to do with if there is enough content it's about Janet & its presentation. 

No one outside her base gonna sit through a 2 hour docu on Janet Jackson 

it'll be an 45-60 minute long, 10 part documentary. Not thirty minutes. :sigh: 

lmfao - they won't sit through 2 hrs but they're going to remain engaged for 8.5 - 10 hrs? I'll officially not respond to anything else you have to say on this topic. Your logic has been made clear. 

lmfao - they won't sit through 2 hrs but they're going to remain engaged for 8.5 - 10 hrs? I'll officially not respond to anything else you have to say on this topic. Your logic has been made clear. 

Do you know how Netflix works? Have you even heard of BINGE WATCHING?

It's like you haven't an idea of what you're talking about and you're stuck on some old format of entertainment 

i don't care if you reply or not.. If ignorance is bliss... then you're all out of bliss

Do you know the difference between a reality show and a documentary? Not sure why "reality show" is coming into context with this topic 

reality shows are entertainment, documentaries are informative. But the lines between the two are sometimes blurry and open to interpretation because if we are being picky, which I know is one of your specialties I personally consider the quote "life as a new mother, the aftermath of her divorce" more reality than documentary. But there is no way her team if it is true would ever use the word reality to describe it because it makes it sound cheap.

reality shows are entertainment, documentaries are informative. But the lines between the two are sometimes blurry and open to interpretation because if we are being picky, which I know is one of your specialties I personally consider the quote "life as a new mother, the aftermath of her divorce" more reality than documentary. But there is no way her team if it is true would ever use the word reality to describe it because it makes it sound cheap.

They're not blurry at all and if they are, then you need to watch better television. Both are entertaining to their own right.

Reality TV is fake.. scripted. Fiction

Documentaries are informative... nonfiction 

You shouldn't believe everything you read. I'm not being picky.. I'm also not making shit up like you just did 

They're not blurry at all and if they are, then you need to watch better television. Both are entertaining to their own right.

Reality TV is fake.. scripted. Fiction

Documentaries are informative... nonfiction 

You shouldn't believe everything you read. I'm not being picky.. I'm also not making shit up like you just did 

:wtf: none of what I posted is made up. I don't believe everything I read which is why in my post I said "if it is true" and if you want the full definitions according to dictionary.com 

reality show

noun
a television show in which members of the public or celebrities are filmed living their everyday lives or undertaking specific challenges

documentary adjective
Movies, Television. based on or re-creating an actual event, era, life story, etc., that purports to be factually accurate and contains no fictional elements:
a docum

:wtf: none of what I posted is made up. I don't believe everything I read which is why in my post I said "if it is true" and if you want the full definitions according to dictionary.com 

reality show

noun
a television show in which members of the public or celebrities are filmed living their everyday lives or undertaking specific challenges

documentary adjective
Movies, Television. based on or re-creating an actual event, era, life story, etc., that purports to be factually accurate and contains no fictional elements:
a docum

Don't engage that cancer it will only grow. He is a contrarian who enjoys derailing topics because you didn't say something that fits into his narrative fuck him & keep it moving. We all are understanding each other & passing our perspectives without problem. Don't let him take this to where it was never going - 

he thinks people will binge watch multiple segments broken into 45-60 minutes

but won't watch a 2hr doc. When if they watch 2 of the 1 hour series they've already watched a 2 hour documentary. He's not very intelligent don't let him waste the boards time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That would be extensive. I mean some minor recaps would be cool, pics:very brief stories I can understand but we've gotten SOOOO much about her earlier career we can move into the future IMO. I don't want it over or underdone just to satisfy fans. I think it should be a happy medium that's good for everyone (fans & business). The plus of  a Netflix doc is that it lasts longer it will be there through out the tour - driving people to the tour & to her. 

I think the smartest move if this is done would be - a 2 hr doc - her showing her process & speaking on some real things, then if it does well set a negotiation to film & do the concert on closing night where the tour will be there too. If it is 10 parts, which feels like a lot, maybe it should be 30 minutes - that's still 5 hours. I just want it all to make sense. 

yeah like little flashbacks. This is probably the last one of these things we will get so it should be made for historical purposes so that people 20 years from now can go back and watch it. It's interesting that a lot of the Janet legacy matters people are against this idea.  No better way to preserve history than to put it on film

This is why fans aren't apart of her team and should just act as fans and not as successful business shakers & movers: "The smartest move..." ? 

No one outside her base gonna sit through a 2 hour docu on Janet Jackson. That's NOT a smart move. It's actually the opposite of a smart move when it comes to Netflix. 

The documentary will be 45-60 minute long, 10 part documentary. Not thirty minutes

if this is on Netflix and people log in and see this doc at the top of their Netflix page they will watch. You don't have to sit through 2 hours of anything on Netflix. You can watch in parts. It's not going anywhere like on TV.    

yeah like little flashbacks. This is probably the last one of these things we will get so it should be made for historical purposes so that people 20 years from now can go back and watch it. It's interesting that a lot of the Janet legacy matters people are against this idea.  No better way to preserve history than to put it on film

if this is on Netflix and people log in and see this doc at the top of their Netflix page they will watch. You don't have to sit through 2 hours of anything on Netflix. You can watch in parts. It's not going anywhere like on TV.    

I COMPLETELY feel where you come from with it being a last shot & preservation. Definitely little flash backs & if so it needs to be done in a way we've never seen before. No more stories of yesteryear that have been told 100000 times. Those are on YouTube this needs to feel iconic. 

Also - you get it. 2hrs will happen whether in a series or a single doc. If anything it's likely to keep people for 2hrs than for them to finish 10 parts of an hour long special on Janet lol. And he doesn't know what any of our jobs are some of us actually DO work in this profession.