Janet Coming to Netflix??

:wtf: none of what I posted is made up. I don't believe everything I read which is why in my post I said "if it is true" and if you want the full definitions according to dictionary.com 

I don't need the definition of either. I know the difference. One is scripted; docu's are, for the most part, not

he thinks people will binge watch multiple segments broken into 45-60 minutes

but won't watch a 2hr doc. When if they watch 2 of the 1 hour series they've already watched a 2 hour documentary. He's not very intelligent don't let him waste the boards time. 

That's how Netflix works. People binge watch shows. 13 reasons, House of Cards, Unbreakable Kimmy, etc.

Its not broken segments. It's episodes.. 45-60 minutes. It's not hard to get

Netflix isn't looking for people who watch one documentary and moves on. The more a person watches a series the better. They're attracting new customers. If a customer signed up for Netflix to watch XYZ and that's the only reason, it's better to keep them around for longer than 2 hours. A series can keep them for 2-3 months depending on their lifestyle

Think about Beyonce's docu on HBO. Fans signed up and watched it and canceled. 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

if this is on Netflix and people log in and see this doc at the top of their Netflix page they will watch. You don't have to sit through 2 hours of anything on Netflix. You can watch in parts. It's not going anywhere like on TV.    

It's about garnering new customers. Not necessarily keeping old ones. New customers would see it, sign up for their trial and hopefully stick around 

The old customers will stick around bc they're committed to Netflix. 

That's how Netflix works. People binge watch shows. 13 reasons, House of Cards, Unbreakable Kimmy, etc.

Netflix isn't looking for people who watch one documentary and moves on. The more a person watches a series the better. They're attracting new customers. If a customer signed up for Netflix to watch XYZ and that's the only reason, it's better to keep them around for longer than 2 hours. A series can keep them for 2-3 months depending on their lifestyle

While you talk about this not being someone's profession this actually is my arena & what you just said is bull shit in relation to this topic. 

Netflix has the opportunity to maintain or lose customers regardless of how they implement this project. Let's say it is 10 parts - you will get all 10 parts at 1 time...which means (according to your logic) a fan can sign up for a trial which lasts usually a month & STILL watch it at one time then cancel it.

Lets say it's a documentary - same thing. Those other shows are SHOWS this would be a singular situation. Not something that has seasons. Netflix is also known for its documentaries - What Happened Ms. Simone, The Life & Crimes of Doris Payne, one about the Spanish singer - they have an ENTIRE section dedicated to documentaries & the docs are actually great. Some even award winning. So like everyone said - what you're saying is BS...this is not solely about retention. Based on Netflix format - if you watch something, hopefully you will look around...find more content & stay. 

PS - a smart negotiation, if this is true, would be to cover a documentary about Janet with an option to record & host the concert with some BTS footage also. 

I don't believe a damn word of it for the simple fact Janet hasn't done anything she was supposed to including her "Pleasure Principle" lingerie line, her deal with Lionsgate, and now this. I ain't got time and apparently neither does Janet lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe a damn word of it for the simple fact Janet hasn't done anything she was supposed to including her "Pleasure Principle" lingerie line, her deal with Lionsgate, and now this. I ain't got time and apparently neither does Janet lol

lol well if it isn't true maybe all this talk of it will make her team make this happen. She had to do something for this tour promo

people sign up for Netflix every day. So it's not like the views of the doc will stop once people have watched it. Plus Netflix has hundreds of documentaries on there so I don't think they have an issue with people going one and dones. They want views period and Janet's name will give them that. 

people sign up for Netflix every day. So it's not like the views of the doc will stop once people have watched it. Plus Netflix has hundreds of documentaries on there so I don't think they have an issue with people going one and dones. They want views period and Janet's name will give them that. 

You don't know that bc Netflix doesn't release daily (or yearly or monthly) membership figures so you made that up

The point of most businesses is to garner new customers

Yes.. I realize they have hundreds of docs.. that doesn't mean they don't want new customers 

While you talk about this not being someone's profession this actually is my arena & what you just said is bull shit in relation to this topic. 

Netflix has the opportunity to maintain or lose customers regardless of how they implement this project. Let's say it is 10 parts - you will get all 10 parts at 1 time...which means (according to your logic) a fan can sign up for a trial which lasts usually a month & STILL watch it at one time then cancel it.

Lets say it's a documentary - same thing. Those other shows are SHOWS this would be a singular situation. Not something that has seasons. Netflix is also known for its documentaries - What Happened Ms. Simone, The Life & Crimes of Doris Payne, one about the Spanish singer - they have an ENTIRE section dedicated to documentaries & the docs are actually great. Some even award winning. So like everyone said - what you're saying is BS...this is not solely about retention. Based on Netflix format - if you watch something, hopefully you will look around...find more content & stay. 

PS - a smart negotiation, if this is true, would be to cover a documentary about Janet with an option to record & host the concert with some BTS footage also. 

You work for Netflix? Hulu? New media? No.. bye

They can watch 10 hours in one sitting but most people don't have that luxury (time). 

I'm not sure what I'm saying is BS. A 10 part series is totally achievable

PS: I guess.

You don't know that bc Netflix doesn't release daily (or yearly or monthly) membership figures so you made that up

The point of most businesses is to garner new customers

Yes.. I realize they have hundreds of docs.. that doesn't mean they don't want new customers 

they don't have to show their numbers. If membership wasn't growing they wouldn't be putting as much money in these new shows and comedy specials.  The controversy with 13 reasons why has drawn people there. The leaking of orange is the new black has drawn people there. Dave chapelles return, house of cards return etc has drawn new people in. The growth of membership is common sense. 

Well if this is true.....I guess I will be getting Netflix again! I had it a couple of years ago....I didn't get the hype so I had my hubby pull the plug. But if Janet is doing this I will watch. I'm glad she is doing the docu-series and not what Mariah did with Mariah's world.

janet has the most bipolar fan base ever. first there was bitching because she wasnt doing promo, wasnt seen, too private,ect. now there is potentially a chance we will get to see her in different aspects of her life for 10 episodes and some fans are complaining 'its too much' , smh.

• Upvote 3

they don't have to show their numbers. If membership wasn't growing they wouldn't be putting as much money in these new shows and comedy specials.  The controversy with 13 reasons why has drawn people there. The leaking of orange is the new black has drawn people there. Dave chapelles return, house of cards return etc has drawn new people in. The growth of membership is common sense. 

False. New content isn't an indication of anything. 

I'm not sure what you're debating. Netflix is the Gold Standard and a household name.. there's no denying that but that doesn't mean there isn't room to grow.

• Upvote 1

Fuck the debate lol, it's a fun rumor, it's 1 I don't mind the public going with, and spreading as quickly as it has

There is no debate. Just Trump supporters twisting the rumor and attempting to create a false narrative based on what THEY think Janet should do instead. 

The facts of the rumors:

1) it's a documentary NOT A REALITY TV SHOW

2) 10 episodes  

• Upvote 1

janet has the most bipolar fan base ever. first there was bitching because she wasnt doing promo, wasnt seen, too private,ect. now there is potentially a chance we will get to see her in different aspects of her life for 10 episodes and some fans are complaining 'its too much' , smh.

For real.  Not to mention a lot them write and reason like they have no education past the 6th grade.  As much entertainment I get from reading a lot of this mess, it also makes me a bit sad for them.   Remember kids its nice to laugh but don't be the joke.  Get over, get better....  so anyways

I think this Netflix documentary is true.  A lot of Janet stans from FB and the xone that are usually in the know are posting about this.  Very smart move on her part in my opinion.  

• Upvote 1

Netflix wasn't around during the Janet. Tour days, but Janet basically did something similar to this.  it's a great alternative to running all over the planet doing press in every city to promote a tour.  

Let's approach this another way... 

Janet Jackson is truly one of a kind in the entertainment/ music industry.  Think about it... who else has reached her level of fame and fortune, only to be held back by such a peculiar scandal as what occurred on the Super Bowl.  She wasn't caught in affair.  She wasn't doing drugs, or locked up for murder or something like that.  She wasn't caught stealing tons of cash from someone.  Janet's career was almost erased from an event that literally could have happened to any star at any time.  Even more unique is the fact that people even ACKNOWLEDGE that the whole controversy was ridiculously over-blown.  And years later, we live in an era where several stars have MADE their careers for voluntarily doing much more that the accident which happened.  Yet, none of these major entities have even considered apologizing to Janet for how they treated her, much less working to restore her status in the industry.  

DESPITE all of that, she STILL has managed to persevere on the Unbreakable love of her fans, and her incredible talent.  And every single time any news comes out about her, the world STILL pays attention, even if they're not always running to her concerts.  

You been on Twitter this week??  That video of Janet doing her thing on the All For You tour went viral, and currently has over 2 milliion views.  People that have never heard any of her music watched that video and now they wanna know more.  Yet some of y'all actually think there'd be no interest in a Netflix series?  

If Cameron Dallas can do a Netflix series, Janet Jackson Sure AF can do one and be successful.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 4