NEW PIX (6/16) - Janet Glowing at Divorce Proceedings

She can't. She's been hit or miss for a long time

It's very true. I have this convo with my friend all the time. Janet is VERY hit or miss & often more miss - BUT what I do love about her is her lack of trying to be "ON" or glamorous. She does what she wants & she's not putting on for ANYONE. I love that. It makes her feel very normal & not so out of touch. She's over all the celeb hype of big make up & all that. She's just vibing - but she can't really dress. 

• Upvote 1

really ? yet you're talking about how a woman in divorce court fighting for a baby less than 7 months old is dressed? :mellow:

Image result for naomi campbell gif

Wait, he's just saying overall he doesn't think she can dress. Let's flip the script...Janet going to court for the death of her brother looked AMAZING & when she did - despite the deep, dark, & grieving time that was commented on & praised...why is it that this has to be seen as any different. Both equal observations just diff opinions. No attack Ijs. 

Wait, he's just saying overall he doesn't think she can dress. Let's flip the script...Janet going to court for the death of her brother looked AMAZING & when she did - despite the deep, dark, & grieving time that was commented on & praised...why is it that this has to be seen as any different. Both equal observations just diff opinions. No attack Ijs. 

Janet at her brother's trial was in support of someone she loved as is this case in the fact thats her child!....why is it that when someone has a child at stake she has to "dress up" ? she's in court handling HER BUSINESS....not Michaels....she's not supporting cast here, she has a lot at stake and she's doing what she must do and fuck clothes she's there in court with a case and wants to be heard

Edited by Bailey.

Janet at her brother's trial was in support of someone she loved as is this case in the fact thats her child!....why is it that when someone has a child at stake she has to "dress up" ? she's in court handling HER BUSINESS....not Michaels....she's not supporting cast here, she has a lot at stake and she's doing what she must do and fuck clothes she's there in court with a case and wants to be heard

So the point is - she goes to court how she feels. Sometimes she's hit. Sometimes she's miss. The purpose has NOTHING to do with the outfit. If ANYTHING her being the center of attention in this case is usually when people dress up. Lawyers wear suits or dresses, clients tend to do the same. 

When it's handling business you tend to wear what SOME would consider business attire. I personally don't care either way...but the point is - the excuse of why she isn't has nothing to do with the opinion of her being a hit or miss dresser. I've seen ppl praising the boots but upset someone didn't feel the outfit lol

The other differences between the MJ court appearances and this one is that she was actively using a stylist then and she knew the worlds media was going to show up to photograph everyone. Fast forward to now and I doubt she has used a stylist in a while plus she is actively loosing weight and probably doesn't feel comfortable in fitted clothing yet. This isn't headline news, she doesn't have to dress up for anyone.

All I really want to know is what is in her and Randy's backpacks, they look heavy. 

• Upvote 2

She dresses in a lot of ways which are not meant to generate attention, because right now she doesn't want attention.  I'm sure there's people in London (not super fans, paps or celebrity hounds) that wouldn't recognize her if she's not "dressed up" and/or someone else points it out.  And even for the casual observer that does recognize her, they would have to stop and think for a minute, which is just long enough to get away.  

I think there's definitely a reason for dressing down when you/re not in "performance mode".  

• Upvote 1

She dresses in a lot of ways which are not meant to generate attention, because right now she doesn't want attention.  I'm sure there's people in London (not super fans, paps or celebrity hounds) that wouldn't recognize her if she's not "dressed up" and/or someone else points it out.  And even for the casual observer that does recognize her, they would have to stop and think for a minute, which is just long enough to get away.  

I think there's definitely a reason for dressing down when you/re not in "performance mode".  

While this has some relevance it's just an observation that she's a hit or miss dresser. That's including times she's dressed up vs dressed down. Don't forget the pink tutu kinda look when she was with JD or the weed belt hippie look, or the saggy pants that's been here for years at this point...she has moments where she's hit or miss. It's fine...we can use every excuse ever it's just a part of her simplistic way & it is what it is. 

It's very true. I have this convo with my friend all the time. Janet is VERY hit or miss & often more miss - BUT what I do love about her is her lack of trying to be "ON" or glamorous. She does what she wants & she's not putting on for ANYONE. I love that. It makes her feel very normal & not so out of touch. She's over all the celeb hype of big make up & all that. She's just vibing - but she can't really dress. 

Her everyday style is kind of a mess. When she's going to an event or something she usually looks nice but....

Her everyday style is kind of a mess. When she's going to an event or something she usually looks nice but....

I think she can be on point & I think sometimes she misses the mark but I think it's more so just her choice of vibe. When she's on she epic but when not it's far off. It's like no in between. She's so dope though I love that she does what she wants. Seriously...she doesn't have to be on for anyone & she's still Janet Jackson. It's like fuck all that extra shit. I don't have time. 

It's not really a matter of "dressing up" or "dressing down"...it's just the pieces she chooses and how she puts them together.

And it's not like she came in sweats. She's wearing shoes with a heel, a button down, etc. She put some time into constructing that outfit. I'm not really getting the "woe is me", "unconcerned about my attire" tea y'all trying to portray...mostly because she's been dressing like this for the past few years now

So the point is - she goes to court how she feels. Sometimes she's hit. Sometimes she's miss. The purpose has NOTHING to do with the outfit. If ANYTHING her being the center of attention in this case is usually when people dress up. Lawyers wear suits or dresses, clients tend to do the same. 

When it's handling business you tend to wear what SOME would consider business attire. I personally don't care either way...but the point is - the excuse of why she isn't has nothing to do with the opinion of her being a hit or miss dresser. I've seen ppl praising the boots but upset someone didn't feel the outfit lol

Now you know I love you, but Im not doing this right now Im not doing this, Im not taking her attire apart unless she's on stage, at a swanky event or promoting something. Right now what she's wearing has no relevance to the matters in her life.

it is & she's known Janet since she was a child. She used to work with Joe. So she's more like family than some random. 

ok i thought that was her, she must have relocated to london as well because she's always with janet. i thought it was said she is actually her cousin?

you are really slow

no Im actually quite fast, you're saying she dresses like crap here and there all the time no matter whats going on or not. Okay first, that's your opinion, second this thread was about divorce hearings, thats where she's at. I just dont feel like taking her outfit apart under the current circumstances, BUT maybe next time she'll go MET Gala style just to please her fans out here that think she dresses poorly, maybe she will even start letting us pick and pre approve her outfits entirely because some of us just dont like them :sigh:

Edited by Bailey.