• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NEW PIX (6/16) - Janet Glowing at Divorce Proceedings

75 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

She can't. She's been hit or miss for a long time

Ok? Your opinion on her sense of fashion is duly noted 

Posted · Report post

what are you even talking about 

that's funny you ask because I was wondering the same damn thang Image result for top model gifs miss j.

Posted · Report post

So maybe thus is true after all :(

That maid/help always looks so confused :lol:

i thought that was the long time assistant jessica lmao

Posted · Report post

i thought that was the long time assistant jessica lmao

it is & she's known Janet since she was a child. She used to work with Joe. So she's more like family than some random. 

Posted · Report post

She can't. She's been hit or miss for a long time

It's very true. I have this convo with my friend all the time. Janet is VERY hit or miss & often more miss - BUT what I do love about her is her lack of trying to be "ON" or glamorous. She does what she wants & she's not putting on for ANYONE. I love that. It makes her feel very normal & not so out of touch. She's over all the celeb hype of big make up & all that. She's just vibing - but she can't really dress. 

Posted · Report post

Y'all like to make a big deal out of everything 

b

really ? yet you're talking about how a woman in divorce court fighting for a baby less than 7 months old is dressed? :mellow:

Image result for naomi campbell gif

Posted · Report post

really ? yet you're talking about how a woman in divorce court fighting for a baby less than 7 months old is dressed? :mellow:

Wait, he's just saying overall he doesn't think she can dress. Let's flip the script...Janet going to court for the death of her brother looked AMAZING & when she did - despite the deep, dark, & grieving time that was commented on & praised...why is it that this has to be seen as any different. Both equal observations just diff opinions. No attack Ijs. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wait, he's just saying overall he doesn't think she can dress. Let's flip the script...Janet going to court for the death of her brother looked AMAZING & when she did - despite the deep, dark, & grieving time that was commented on & praised...why is it that this has to be seen as any different. Both equal observations just diff opinions. No attack Ijs. 

Janet at her brother's trial was in support of someone she loved as is this case in the fact thats her child!....why is it that when someone has a child at stake she has to "dress up" ? she's in court handling HER BUSINESS....not Michaels....she's not supporting cast here, she has a lot at stake and she's doing what she must do and fuck clothes she's there in court with a case and wants to be heard

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

Janet at her brother's trial was in support of someone she loved as is this case in the fact thats her child!....why is it that when someone has a child at stake she has to "dress up" ? she's in court handling HER BUSINESS....not Michaels....she's not supporting cast here, she has a lot at stake and she's doing what she must do and fuck clothes she's there in court with a case and wants to be heard

So the point is - she goes to court how she feels. Sometimes she's hit. Sometimes she's miss. The purpose has NOTHING to do with the outfit. If ANYTHING her being the center of attention in this case is usually when people dress up. Lawyers wear suits or dresses, clients tend to do the same. 

When it's handling business you tend to wear what SOME would consider business attire. I personally don't care either way...but the point is - the excuse of why she isn't has nothing to do with the opinion of her being a hit or miss dresser. I've seen ppl praising the boots but upset someone didn't feel the outfit lol

Posted · Report post

Sexism - men discussing why a woman's outfit isn't up to their fashion standards 

Posted · Report post

Sexism - men discussing why a woman's outfit isn't up to their fashion standards 

LMAO.  

Posted · Report post

The other differences between the MJ court appearances and this one is that she was actively using a stylist then and she knew the worlds media was going to show up to photograph everyone. Fast forward to now and I doubt she has used a stylist in a while plus she is actively loosing weight and probably doesn't feel comfortable in fitted clothing yet. This isn't headline news, she doesn't have to dress up for anyone.

All I really want to know is what is in her and Randy's backpacks, they look heavy. 

Posted · Report post

She dresses in a lot of ways which are not meant to generate attention, because right now she doesn't want attention.  I'm sure there's people in London (not super fans, paps or celebrity hounds) that wouldn't recognize her if she's not "dressed up" and/or someone else points it out.  And even for the casual observer that does recognize her, they would have to stop and think for a minute, which is just long enough to get away.  

I think there's definitely a reason for dressing down when you/re not in "performance mode".  

Posted · Report post

She dresses in a lot of ways which are not meant to generate attention, because right now she doesn't want attention.  I'm sure there's people in London (not super fans, paps or celebrity hounds) that wouldn't recognize her if she's not "dressed up" and/or someone else points it out.  And even for the casual observer that does recognize her, they would have to stop and think for a minute, which is just long enough to get away.  

I think there's definitely a reason for dressing down when you/re not in "performance mode".  

While this has some relevance it's just an observation that she's a hit or miss dresser. That's including times she's dressed up vs dressed down. Don't forget the pink tutu kinda look when she was with JD or the weed belt hippie look, or the saggy pants that's been here for years at this point...she has moments where she's hit or miss. It's fine...we can use every excuse ever it's just a part of her simplistic way & it is what it is. 

Posted · Report post

It's very true. I have this convo with my friend all the time. Janet is VERY hit or miss & often more miss - BUT what I do love about her is her lack of trying to be "ON" or glamorous. She does what she wants & she's not putting on for ANYONE. I love that. It makes her feel very normal & not so out of touch. She's over all the celeb hype of big make up & all that. She's just vibing - but she can't really dress. 

Her everyday style is kind of a mess. When she's going to an event or something she usually looks nice but....

Posted · Report post

She's been dressing like this before the baby and before this drama so scoot

Posted · Report post

LMAO.  

he's really dense

Posted · Report post

Her everyday style is kind of a mess. When she's going to an event or something she usually looks nice but....

I think she can be on point & I think sometimes she misses the mark but I think it's more so just her choice of vibe. When she's on she epic but when not it's far off. It's like no in between. She's so dope though I love that she does what she wants. Seriously...she doesn't have to be on for anyone & she's still Janet Jackson. It's like fuck all that extra shit. I don't have time. 

Posted · Report post

It's not really a matter of "dressing up" or "dressing down"...it's just the pieces she chooses and how she puts them together.

And it's not like she came in sweats. She's wearing shoes with a heel, a button down, etc. She put some time into constructing that outfit. I'm not really getting the "woe is me", "unconcerned about my attire" tea y'all trying to portray...mostly because she's been dressing like this for the past few years now

Posted · Report post

She's been dressing like this before the baby and before this drama so scoot

so let me get this right

Janet's attire >>>>> Divorce & Eissa :mellow:

Posted · Report post

So the point is - she goes to court how she feels. Sometimes she's hit. Sometimes she's miss. The purpose has NOTHING to do with the outfit. If ANYTHING her being the center of attention in this case is usually when people dress up. Lawyers wear suits or dresses, clients tend to do the same. 

When it's handling business you tend to wear what SOME would consider business attire. I personally don't care either way...but the point is - the excuse of why she isn't has nothing to do with the opinion of her being a hit or miss dresser. I've seen ppl praising the boots but upset someone didn't feel the outfit lol

Now you know I love you, but Im not doing this right now Im not doing this, Im not taking her attire apart unless she's on stage, at a swanky event or promoting something. Right now what she's wearing has no relevance to the matters in her life.

Posted · Report post

so let me get this right

Janet's attire >>>>> Divorce & Eissa :mellow:

you are really slow

Posted · Report post

it is & she's known Janet since she was a child. She used to work with Joe. So she's more like family than some random. 

ok i thought that was her, she must have relocated to london as well because she's always with janet. i thought it was said she is actually her cousin?

Posted (edited) · Report post

you are really slow

no Im actually quite fast, you're saying she dresses like crap here and there all the time no matter whats going on or not. Okay first, that's your opinion, second this thread was about divorce hearings, thats where she's at. I just dont feel like taking her outfit apart under the current circumstances, BUT maybe next time she'll go MET Gala style just to please her fans out here that think she dresses poorly, maybe she will even start letting us pick and pre approve her outfits entirely because some of us just dont like them :sigh:

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

You're really fuming in here