The Tour rehearsals have started...

bonsaibutterfly

“Let me throw out the same tired ‘insults’ all the other cynics members say bc I can’t think for myself and words are hard” - The Great Depressed 

Just so we’re caught up, the cynical members of this board (aka the Great depressed) think I’m miserable & delusional.

The same people who compares Legends to Missy Elliott, the same people who didn’t believe Janet was pregnant, the same people who diss her #1 album, the same people who didn’t think she’s reschedule her tour, the same people who though Discipline would be her last album, the same people who would rather her retire in Vegas

:coffee: But I’m delusional and miserable. 

*wait for you to call me “mad, pressed, upset or any other ghetto internet millennial lingo you can google*

Edited by State of the Game

Well, anyway...  

It just needs to be said that album sales are a tough thing to do today with the exception of a precious few folks.  People just experience music differently.  

Take your a titan seller like Beyonce as an example  Anyone wanna guesstimate her cut of sales from Lemonade??    

2,500,000 units sold at an avg of $10 per  unit equals $25,000,000

Pay 40% of that to Sony for distribution costs:  $15,000,000 remains

Pay 30% of that to the TON of co-writers (63 co-writers on Lemonade, compared just 8 for Janet's Unbreakable):  $10,000,000 remains

Pay 20% of that for other associated costs:  Parkwood Entertainment makes roughly $8,000,000 in sales from 2,500,000 units.   

Everyone is wondering about Jay-Z's new album not doing well on the charts because it's a Tidal exclusive, but he already made hundreds of millions from Tidal, including his most recent deal with Sprint.  How much could he possibly make by trying to stoke album sales??  Next to nothing when compared to revenue from touring and merch.  

As for Janet, a decent tour will more than cover costs for anything she wants to undertake from new music.  But she could also stand to make a lot of money by offering more in terms of merch.  UWT's choices were pretty limited in that department.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, anyway...  

As for Janet, a decent tour will more than cover costs for anything she wants to undertake from new music.  But she could also stand to make a lot of money by offering more in terms of merch.  UWT's choices were pretty limited in that department.  

i think when it comes to merchandise, the same ideas apply, there's manufacturing costs, distribution, and the hope that people will buy the stuff, its like any business venture its a risk

• Upvote 1