ET Online: Janet’s newfound creativity and inspiration!

feehgarcia

via ET Online

The Together Again singer welcomed her first child, son Eissa, in January (17) and in May, she confirmed she had split from Eissa’s father Wissam Al Mana. However, despite going through some major life changes in recent months, the 51-year-old is “so happy”, Jimmy Jam told ET Online at the ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Awards in Beverly Hills on Thursday (22 Jun 17).

Janet has been living in London but she keeps in touch with the producer via text message or FaceTime so he can talk to her baby. “I get FaceTime (calls) at like two in the morning, usually when I’m wrapping up in the studio,” he shared. “It’s always just Eissa (on FaceTime), she’s in the background somewhere. He’s the cutest baby in the history of babies.”

She has been largely out of the spotlight since she quit her world tour to focus on her family but she is ready to get back to performing and recording music, Jimmy said, adding that she is “excited to go back to her day job.”  He also assured her that she will have newfound creativity and inspiration for her music now that she’s a mum, and she’s started to discover that for herself. “A whole different reservoir of creativity, of cadence, of love, and all these things that have always been with you but it doesn’t really come out until (you become a parent),” he added. “She’s recognising that.”

• Upvote 6

That's fucking awesome

I always said, since the first pregnancy reports... she'll retire FOR LIFE and become a full time mom OR she'll come back swinging full of joy and inspiration!
THANK GOD it looks like the second one! :P Hate gettin' my hopes up (again) but I can't help it LOL

Come through, Queen! 
Imagem relacionada

• Upvote 4

I always said, since the first pregnancy reports... she'll retire FOR LIFE and become a full time mom OR she'll come back swinging full of joy and inspiration!THANK GOD it looks like the second one! :P Hate gettin' my hopes up (again) but I can't help it LOL

Come through, Queen! 
Imagem relacionada

Thank God! I would be eating my words if she retired :lol: 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dreamed that Janet was going to drop an EP titled "State of the World" with 6 brand new songs.. and then drop a full length album the day the tour starts.

The EP was a gift to the fans.

And then I woke up and realized it will never happen.

HN151LX_zpsnyfv23ss.gif

• Upvote 3

I dreamed that Janet was going to drop an EP titled "State of the World" with 6 brand new songs.. and then drop a full length album the day the tour starts.

The EP was a gift to the fans.

And then I woke up and realized it will never happen.

HN151LX_zpsnyfv23ss.gif

Maybe a new State Of The World (2017 mix)?
NOT lol

• Upvote 1