Janet featured in Kevin Aucoin documentary in September

jarrylf

A bunch of music icons are set to be featured in a new documentaryabout the legendary celebrity makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin.

CherJanet Jackson and the late Whitney Houston will all appear in KEVYN AUCOIN Beauty & the Beast in Me, which will premiere on Logo Thursday, September 14.

The film includes Aucoin’s never-before-seen personal videos and audiotapes, as well as more recent celebrity interviews, which tell the story of his rise to fame and untimely death at age 40.

Other celebrities appearing in the film include Tina TurnerCindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Andie MacDowell.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2017/6/30/cher-janet-jackson-whitney-houston-more-featured-in-makeup-a.html

Janets in the trailer for it looking amazing in 93, he was THE best makeup artist of her career, hands down, I'll judge anyone who says otherwise harshly, its a fact not a opinion. I am excited for this & to learn his story

• Upvote 9

That's awesome.  He was so one of a kind.  I loved his make up books, which featured Janet in a few photo shoots.  I also remember reading some article about him and he was asked who looks the best without any of his make up.  And he said Janet. She is just so natural and beautiful

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GOD DAMNIT I love candid Janet her whole being when she's behind the scenes, I'm so grateful for every glimpse, this had great mentions and moments. My fave moments were her "My face is so rouuund..." lol. And all the shots and moments of her in the makeup chair for Scream.

About him though, Goddamn, did he live 1 hell of a life, so inspiring, yet so sad, but so much to celebrate him for, glad this now exists to teach us all more about who he was and what his story was, fantastic person, and yea I agree with Dayz for sure on that, HANDS DOWN THE best Janet makeup artist (I love me some Preston too tho), but Kevyn bought out her features like nobody else ever has sense or before him. He had a gift with them colors & brushes on those women's faces, every 1 of them.

I cant get over....that he found & met his birth mother, & started what looked like a relationship with her & his biological family, and then when he told her he's gay, she basically disowned him again. And then spoke to the cameras of this documentary with very little remorse about that, just...."If I raised him, he wouldn't have been gay, cause I'd beat it out of him"....that kind of unapologetic destructive ignorance just hurts me to my core. Giving him up at birth was clearly the best thing that could happen to his life (I loved his adopted father), its too bad by all accounts, that wasn't ever clear to him.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

So was there any cool Janet tidbits in the doc? I didn't see it but I heard there were some behind the scenes of the filming of the Scream video

There is some cool moments of him doing Janet's make up on the set of scream. Dude was getting 85k a day just to do it. I'm not a makeup crazed  female so I didn't care to much about the docu....just wanted some behind the scenes footage of Janet. It's 2 hours long and the scream footage is in the second hour. OAN his birth mother ain't SHIT!

sidenote~ I always thought Keyvon was the friend that died from AIDS and inspired Together again. But clearly it wasn't him because Keyvon didn't die from AIDS and he died in 2002. Anybody know who the friend or friends were?

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 1

There is some cool moments of him doing Janet's make up on the set of scream. Dude was getting 85k a day just to do it. I'm not a makeup crazed  female so I didn't care to much about the docu....just wanted some behind the scenes footage of Janet. It's 2 hours long and the scream footage is in the second hour. OAN his birth mother ain't SHIT!

sidenote~ I always thought Keyvon was the friend that died from AIDS and inspired Together again. But clearly it wasn't him because Keyvon didn't die from AIDS and he died in 2002. Anybody know who the friend or friends were?

thanks for the details.. I'll prolly just wait til the Janet parts on YouTube to see them.. I'm not about to sit through much of a documentary about any makeup artist.. although I'm sure it's prolly fascinating to most

• Upvote 1