Race a factor in Madonna Tupac breakup....

Bailey

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/06/entertainment/tupac-madonna-letter/index.html

In a note to Madonna, reportedly written by Shakur while he was serving time in prison in 1995, he acknowledges ending their romantic relationship because of her race.
"For you to be seen with a black man wouldn't in any way jeopardize your career, if anything it would make you seem that much more open and exciting," Tupac wrote. "But for me at least in my previous perception I felt due to my 'image' that I would be letting down half of the people who made me what I thought I was."

Sad but true. Any opposition to mixed race relationships that I have personally seen have come from the black community. It's okay for a white person to date a black person but when it's the other way round- and especially if it's a black guy dating a white girl - the black person is accused of diluting their bloodline or disrespecting their race.

I think it's a bigger problem now with all this 'wokeness' in the media and pop culture.

I get that, but I feel like that's an issue tied to America and it's history, the lack of reconciling the past with the present. When you look at the global picture, the world is a very diverse vast place, I think this "force" of multi-culuralism is the "force" that the others react so badly to.

Ive heard that there's really nothing new under the sun, and here I think that's true too, Black people in America have been terrorized and subjugated for centuries, someone said that slavery didnt end, it just evolved.

We had a black president. Slavery literally ended in this country (minus human trafficking) It didn’t evolve :rolleyes: 

well one would have to define what slavery is at it's core, if we look at slavery as a lack of "freedom" than many of us are slaves to our jobs, slaves to institutions larger than us, slaves in mind and thought even, NOT free. I think that's what the fella in the commercial meant when he said slavery evolved.

Edited by Bailey.

there’s no other way around

Yes. Bigots hate when their race dates outside their own for some reason

sorry, what I should have said was that the white people I have encountered tend to have less of a problem with mixed relationships than the black people I have encountered.

sorry, what I should have said was that the white people I have encountered tend to have less of a problem with mixed relationships than the black people I have encountered.

I dont think he meant bigots were exclusive to white people,  Ive experienced the same issue that Black people dont like to see that

well one would have to define what slavery is at it's core, if we look at slavery as a lack of "freedom" than many of us are slaves to our jobs, slaves to institutions larger than us, slaves in mind and thought even, NOT free. I think that's what the fella in the commercial meant when he said slavery evolved.

No. You can’t change the definition of words and make it extreme.

Slavery, as defined, is “the state of being a slave”. You are not legal property to anyone. Period

You are not a slave. I’m certainly not a slave. No person in this nation is a slave (excluding committed felons and illegal sex trade). 

I dislike when people take a powerful word and spin it to victimize themselves. 

Edited by State of the Game