Janet Jackson's new song samples Jodeci's Freeki'N You

_KINGSEANCOURT_

Explain how? 

People, like yourself, who don’t like Gil, for whatever the reason, more than likely trolled his video causing Gil to label him a “#Trade”. I wouldn’t put it past someone to call Gil out on his own video about his work with Janet. 

I don’t watch gil’s videos. So I don’t know the context but I’m sure that’s the reason. Why else 

You Janet fans are too much involved with the help and not involved enough in the Legend who built the place. 

Edited by State of the Game

People, like yourself, who don’t like Gil, for whatever the reason, more than likely trolled his video causing Gil to label him a “#Trade”. I wouldn’t put it past someone to call Gil out on his own video about his work with Janet. 

I don’t watch gil’s videos. So I don’t know the context but I’m sure that’s the reason. Why else 

You Janet fans are too much involved with the help and not involved enough in the Legend who built the place. 

Nothing you just said made sense. Gil was filming some random guy so who do you turn that into a person who doesn't like Gil or someone who was trolling his video? Do you even know what the word "trade" means? :lol:

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

Those songs are likely old unreleased songs

There's no "likely" about it. 5 seconds of that Vocal tells you that this had to be from the Discipline era. Jimmy and Terry would've produced NONE of that. Such a thin, wispy, flat-line sound... they've never done that to Janet, which in my opinion is a very good thing. 

Don't me wrong, I like some songs on Discipline, but not the way They treated Janet's vocals for most of it (Feedback, Can't B Good being thankful exceptions).

Even during Unbreakable's most transparent vocal moments (singing the line 'a baby girl without a home' in Shoulda Known Better, ex.) Jimmy, Terry and Janet bring so much more contrast to her vocals than anything she did in the late aughts. 

To quote Aretha Franklin, AIN'T NO WAY that's the new song if she's recording it with Jimmy and Terry. 

• Upvote 4

Nothing you just said made sense. Gil was filming some random guy so who do you turn that into a person who doesn't like Gil or someone who was trolling his video? Do you even know what the word "trade" means? :lol:

I’m sorry. I don’t follow. So he was filming on the streets?

Trade is southern gay slang that I don’t use 

I’m sorry. I don’t follow. So he was filming on the streets?

Trade is southern gay slang that I don’t use 

I haven't seen his Instagram videos in a while but he films guys in the street or when he is in line for coffee I think he called it trade Tuesday or trade Thursday. 

Wtf? Gil should have warned her about Wissam? How much power do you think Gil has? 

I want to see one of your friends start dating a Muslim billionaire and you being like “nah bud! He’s Muslim! I’m racist! Don’t date that! Don’t be happy! Be like me! Be a miserable racist,” you would say to your friend bc apparently Wissam is somehow a bad father/husband based on his race. 

And most importantly, because of Janet’s marriage with Wissam, Janet finally birthed an heir, Eissa.. the next in line to the Jackson throne (unlike the those paper Jacksons) 

Y’all need to take a chill pill about Gil. I’m sure whatever troll he called “trade” deserved it

Janet’s career has peaked. There’s no coming back. And her decline sure wasn’t because Wissam (i mean.. There was Jermaine Dupri y’all). Janet is right where she wants be in her career.

I would definitely warn my friend to fully vet any Muslim man his culture and how he sees you in his future and if it involved my friend changing themselves to please that man I would tell them to run. 

he follows strangers and films them from behind. That's stalking and hopefully he never runs into some homophobe then he'll be screaming hate crime when he was the one stalking 

I would definitely warn my friend to fully vet any Muslim man his culture and how he sees you in his future and if it involved my friend changing themselves to please that man I would tell them to run. 

he follows strangers and films them from behind. That's stalking and hopefully he never runs into some homophobe then he'll be screaming hate crime when he was the one stalking 

And they would tell you to fuck off

Thats not stalking and welcome to 2017 where you can be videotaped without consent ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1

I can understand why it was left on the cutting room floor....maybe I'd feel different if it was perfect quality idk

!!! I agree lol. B) I could barely hear it well and from what I heard, I wasnt really interested.

Now I'm just pressed over here knowing Gil has a whole lotta unreleased shit. <_<

• Upvote 1

I know this is going off topic now but I am genuinely curious to get a guys perspective. Do you think it would be equally acceptable if it was a man secretly filming a woman?

Thank you for this. No it's not at all acceptable. Is it done. Yes. 

No one wants to be followed and unknowingly recorded, have their sexuality or identity compromised or misrepresented, be the joke of someone else's platform. Yet we have people on here who "don't see anything wrong with it" but finds problems with someone having a business critique on marketing & strategy for a tour lol. 

Despite not being able to control whose camera you end up on, whether in the background or just because, being targeted is creepy. 

• Upvote 1

so you're ok with that but you take issues with  MJ hanging with boys. 

tf is wrong with you? Did you just compare a grown ass weird man napping with preadolescent boys after intoxicating them to an adult checking out another adult unknowingly??? 

Edited by State of the Game

I would expect as much from someone from your generation

what do you mean by that? :unsure:  ....look folks we have limits, boundaries last I heard is what they're called, and in this case with Gil, filming people on the low without their knowledge is creepy ..it just gives me bad vibes. Now I could see if someone sent you nudes or you exchanged pics and what not at that point between consenting adults you've relinquished any claim of anonymity and right to privacy.