• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Janet Jackson's new song samples Jodeci's Freeki'N You

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Explain how? 

People, like yourself, who don’t like Gil, for whatever the reason, more than likely trolled his video causing Gil to label him a “#Trade”. I wouldn’t put it past someone to call Gil out on his own video about his work with Janet. 

I don’t watch gil’s videos. So I don’t know the context but I’m sure that’s the reason. Why else 

You Janet fans are too much involved with the help and not involved enough in the Legend who built the place. 

Edited by State of the Game

People, like yourself, who don’t like Gil, for whatever the reason, more than likely trolled his video causing Gil to label him a “#Trade”. I wouldn’t put it past someone to call Gil out on his own video about his work with Janet. 

I don’t watch gil’s videos. So I don’t know the context but I’m sure that’s the reason. Why else 

You Janet fans are too much involved with the help and not involved enough in the Legend who built the place. 

Nothing you just said made sense. Gil was filming some random guy so who do you turn that into a person who doesn't like Gil or someone who was trolling his video? Do you even know what the word "trade" means? :lol:

Edited by JoeJoe

Posted · Report post

Those songs are likely old unreleased songs

There's no "likely" about it. 5 seconds of that Vocal tells you that this had to be from the Discipline era. Jimmy and Terry would've produced NONE of that. Such a thin, wispy, flat-line sound... they've never done that to Janet, which in my opinion is a very good thing. 

Don't me wrong, I like some songs on Discipline, but not the way They treated Janet's vocals for most of it (Feedback, Can't B Good being thankful exceptions).

Even during Unbreakable's most transparent vocal moments (singing the line 'a baby girl without a home' in Shoulda Known Better, ex.) Jimmy, Terry and Janet bring so much more contrast to her vocals than anything she did in the late aughts. 

To quote Aretha Franklin, AIN'T NO WAY that's the new song if she's recording it with Jimmy and Terry. 

Posted · Report post

Nothing you just said made sense. Gil was filming some random guy so who do you turn that into a person who doesn't like Gil or someone who was trolling his video? Do you even know what the word "trade" means? :lol:

I’m sorry. I don’t follow. So he was filming on the streets?

Trade is southern gay slang that I don’t use 

Posted · Report post

I’m sorry. I don’t follow. So he was filming on the streets?

Trade is southern gay slang that I don’t use 

I haven't seen his Instagram videos in a while but he films guys in the street or when he is in line for coffee I think he called it trade Tuesday or trade Thursday. 

Posted · Report post

I haven't seen his Instagram videos in a while but he films guys in the street or when he is in line for coffee I think he called it trade Tuesday or trade Thursday. 

?? I don’t see anything wrong with that 

Posted · Report post

Wtf? Gil should have warned her about Wissam? How much power do you think Gil has? 

I want to see one of your friends start dating a Muslim billionaire and you being like “nah bud! He’s Muslim! I’m racist! Don’t date that! Don’t be happy! Be like me! Be a miserable racist,” you would say to your friend bc apparently Wissam is somehow a bad father/husband based on his race. 

And most importantly, because of Janet’s marriage with Wissam, Janet finally birthed an heir, Eissa.. the next in line to the Jackson throne (unlike the those paper Jacksons) 

Y’all need to take a chill pill about Gil. I’m sure whatever troll he called “trade” deserved it

Janet’s career has peaked. There’s no coming back. And her decline sure wasn’t because Wissam (i mean.. There was Jermaine Dupri y’all). Janet is right where she wants be in her career.

I would definitely warn my friend to fully vet any Muslim man his culture and how he sees you in his future and if it involved my friend changing themselves to please that man I would tell them to run. 

he follows strangers and films them from behind. That's stalking and hopefully he never runs into some homophobe then he'll be screaming hate crime when he was the one stalking 

Posted · Report post

I would definitely warn my friend to fully vet any Muslim man his culture and how he sees you in his future and if it involved my friend changing themselves to please that man I would tell them to run. 

he follows strangers and films them from behind. That's stalking and hopefully he never runs into some homophobe then he'll be screaming hate crime when he was the one stalking 

And they would tell you to fuck off

Thats not stalking and welcome to 2017 where you can be videotaped without consent ??‍♂️

Posted · Report post

I know this is going off topic now but I am genuinely curious to get a guys perspective. Do you think it would be equally acceptable if it was a man secretly filming a woman?

Posted · Report post

I can understand why it was left on the cutting room floor....maybe I'd feel different if it was perfect quality idk

!!! I agree lol. B) I could barely hear it well and from what I heard, I wasnt really interested.

Now I'm just pressed over here knowing Gil has a whole lotta unreleased shit. <_<

Posted · Report post

No thanks to this song.  Reminds me of something JD would have produced.  

Posted · Report post

I know this is going off topic now but I am genuinely curious to get a guys perspective. Do you think it would be equally acceptable if it was a man secretly filming a woman?

Welcome to the present 

Posted · Report post

Thank you for this. No it's not at all acceptable. Is it done. Yes. 

No one wants to be followed and unknowingly recorded, have their sexuality or identity compromised or misrepresented, be the joke of someone else's platform. Yet we have people on here who "don't see anything wrong with it" but finds problems with someone having a business critique on marketing & strategy for a tour lol. 

Despite not being able to control whose camera you end up on, whether in the background or just because, being targeted is creepy. 

Write to your congressperson. Good luck with that 

#FakeOutcry #BitchingForNoReason

Posted · Report post

I told you all, psychologically disturbed. I can tell he's around a lot of people who normalize his behavior or they just pretend he's significant until he leaves. 

Posted · Report post

wait what did Gil do again? and where are the receipts? was it sexual in nature? I mean was he spying some "hottie" ? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

wait what did Gil do again? and where are the receipts? was it sexual in nature? I mean was he spying some "hottie" ? :unsure:

Spying on a hottie or someone he thought was “trade”. 

He allegedly takes video of random guys and hash tags it #Trade 

Posted · Report post

I told you all, psychologically disturbed. I can tell he's around a lot of people who normalize his behavior or they just pretend he's significant until he leaves. 

No one cares about your unprofessional diagnoses obviously 

Posted · Report post

Tf is trade..?

Posted · Report post

Tf is trade..?

According to Urban Dictionary, it’s male who doesn’t look or act gay. 

Basically, men on the dL

Posted · Report post

so you're ok with that but you take issues with  MJ hanging with boys. 

Posted · Report post

mmmmmm.......im cringing thats a bit much  .....yea Im gonna have to chop him on this one

so you're ok with that but you take issues with  MJ hanging with boys. 

tf is wrong with you? Did you just compare a grown ass weird man napping with preadolescent boys after intoxicating them to an adult checking out another adult unknowingly??? 

Posted · Report post

mmmmmm.......im cringing thats a bit much  .....yea Im gonna have to chop him on this one

I would expect as much from someone from your generation

Posted · Report post

I would expect as much from someone from your generation

what do you mean by that? :unsure:  ....look folks we have limits, boundaries last I heard is what they're called, and in this case with Gil, filming people on the low without their knowledge is creepy ..it just gives me bad vibes. Now I could see if someone sent you nudes or you exchanged pics and what not at that point between consenting adults you've relinquished any claim of anonymity and right to privacy.