What's Your Favorite Tour Opening/Intro..?!

Dal

Im still puzzled as to how many people say they loved RWY tour, I found it lacking in some areas, and I saw it twice out of the 11 total shows they did.  The energy of the rescheduled Michigan date was dead as a door knob, as a die hard fan that felt terrible to watch. As for themes I didnt like the Evil Janet vs Good Janet segment either, it didnt convey the message very well through the imagery, I've always thought Janet's creative team needed to evolve more, to do even better details to a "Janet" show, the graphics at times have been down right cheesy to me. I did think her game stepped up on "Unbreakable" the imagery there worked well

What was cheesy to you & what aspects of the Unbreakable imagery did you really like?

Im still puzzled as to how many people say they loved RWY tour, I found it lacking in some areas, and I saw it twice out of the 11 total shows they did.  The energy of the rescheduled Michigan date was dead as a door knob, as a die hard fan that felt terrible to watch. As for themes I didnt like the Evil Janet vs Good Janet segment either, it didnt convey the message very well through the imagery, I've always thought Janet's creative team needed to evolve more, to do even better details to a "Janet" show, the graphics at times have been down right cheesy to me. I did think her game stepped up on "Unbreakable" the imagery there worked well

I pretty much agree with everything u said about the theme..

what I loved: 

the routines/mixes/songs that she brought back after forever for some of em.. I liked how many songs she did (35 or 36 right?) even tho she was noticeably exhausted by the end and almost seemed to not give a fuk lol.. and I even liked most of the costumes too (didn't care for the sailor or the maroon ones tho).. I thought the hawk was dope and another nice departure.. loved the opening space theme and how she did 3 classic songs straight into the new FB.. loved the stage and catwalk she had (all those bring it back!).. the opening was awesome (still can't figure out how she appeared right behind the wall of smoke so fast).. all the lifts/trapdoors/screens/PYROOOO/effects, the 2 ginger dancers, and more that I can't think of..

what I didn't like about it:

The whole storyline, video interludes of evil/good Janet, her screaming for her life on the floor (especially the shows she did after she "claimed" to have vertigo...awkward), the maroon outfit, discipline, and the fact that it was way too obvious that she was lip synching everything

RN tour by far. Her silhouette > That's her best tour imo. The costuming, staging,and, themes, all hold up well even today. Timeless era. 

THANK YOU!!!!! 

nobody has even mentioned the RN opening. Its possibly the strongest opening she's ever had. Over the years I learned to really sink my teeth into it. Its something about that opening that speaks to me unlike her other ones. She didnt need pyros or no other effects goin on likeshe did with other opening. Her silhouette and stance was so profound!!!! 

janet. was exhilarating. Her most exciting opening.

Tvr? Was not a big fan of the opening. Two screens separate and an explosion. I mean...thats just so bland to me. It never jumped out to me AT ALL.

A4U ...omg her WORST opening everrrrrr. A curtain coming up... ? No

Rock? Pretty dope. I like how it was like a magic trick..with her just appearing after the two J's crossed and a cloud of smoke. 

Unbreakable is unique cus like someone else said its so different than her rest. Its almost like her most "mature" opening...if that makes sense. 

• Upvote 2

THANK YOU!!!!! 

nobody has even mentioned the RN opening. Its possibly the strongest opening she's ever had. Over the years I learned to really sink my teeth into it. Its something about that opening that speaks to me unlike her other ones. She didnt need pyros or no other effects goin on likeshe did with other opening. Her silhouette and stance was so profound!!!! 

janet. was exhilarating. Her most exciting opening.

Tvr? Was not a big fan of the opening. Two screens separate and an explosion. I mean...thats just so bland to me. It never jumped out to me AT ALL.

A4U ...omg her WORST opening everrrrrr. A curtain coming up... ? No

Rock? Pretty dope. I like how it was like a magic trick..with her just appearing after the two J's crossed and a cloud of smoke. 

Unbreakable is unique cus like someone else said its so different than her rest. Its almost like her most "mature" opening...if that makes sense. 

I liked how the RN opening was also a magic trick basically.. and her hair was never effed up after she was laying down hiding in that platform lol

you're right about the AFY opening.. I liked how she and her dancers came down on this column lifts, but the stage was so barebones at the start, sorta boring to look at.. also that photo slideshow looked like something a middle schooler created on the library computer lol

You know this is so hard because I actually love AFY Intro too to be completely honest. And as I think about it @Dal I never thought about the buckle up thing because I never really noticed it. But it was the acapella part that always got me. So I just need to list them out, these are my favs lol I guess in order

1. VR

2. AFY

3. Janet

4. RWU

BUT the best intro damm near of all is VMAs MJ tribute. Complete fire. 

she broke through that glass like a boss bitch

• Upvote 2

I liked how the RN opening was also a magic trick basically.. and her hair was never effed up after she was laying down hiding in that platform lol

you're right about the AFY opening.. I liked how she and her dancers came down on this column lifts, but the stage was so barebones at the start, sorta boring to look at.. also that photo slideshow looked like something a middle schooler created on the library computer lol

i didnt mind the photo thing she did at the beginning... I actually kinda liked it..but idk..the curtain rising was juss kinda..idk...maybe once the curtain came up and it went completely dark then a spotlight was on her maybe it would have been more dramatic! I think the lighting behind the idea of what she was tryna do is what killed it. 

• Upvote 1

What was cheesy to you & what aspects of the Unbreakable imagery did you really like?

I thought the imagery behind some songs was cheesy just background, in some footage of Janet you can hear her discussing choreography and saying things like "just to fill it" problem I have there is a perfectionist doesn't just try to kill time between set changes with filler, every aspect is detail oriented and attention paid to it. During RWY tour, those graphics didn't really shine nor enhance the music, and thats disappointing for a "visual artist" ....Now "Unbreakable" she had a better creative team doing things, clearly, from the opening sequence which was brilliant and connected to the theme and music, she even used lots of diamonds as the background screen but the detailing was more intricate and that stood out.  I would have to pull clips from YT of moments where the graphics were just not even thought out they are just there

• Upvote 1

I pretty much agree with everything u said about the theme..

what I loved: 

the routines/mixes/songs that she brought back after forever for some of em.. I liked how many songs she did (35 or 36 right?) even tho she was noticeably exhausted by the end and almost seemed to not give a fuk lol.. and I even liked most of the costumes too (didn't care for the sailor or the maroon ones tho).. I thought the hawk was dope and another nice departure.. loved the opening space theme and how she did 3 classic songs straight into the new FB.. loved the stage and catwalk she had (all those bring it back!).. the opening was awesome (still can't figure out how she appeared right behind the wall of smoke so fast).. all the lifts/trapdoors/screens/PYROOOO/effects, the 2 ginger dancers, and more that I can't think of..

what I didn't like about it:

The whole storyline, video interludes of evil/good Janet, her screaming for her life on the floor (especially the shows she did after she "claimed" to have vertigo...awkward), the maroon outfit, discipline, and the fact that it was way too obvious that she was lip synching everything

see I didnt like the sailor nor the maroon costumes either

• Upvote 1