• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's Your Favorite Tour Opening/Intro..?!

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Im still puzzled as to how many people say they loved RWY tour, I found it lacking in some areas, and I saw it twice out of the 11 total shows they did.  The energy of the rescheduled Michigan date was dead as a door knob, as a die hard fan that felt terrible to watch. As for themes I didnt like the Evil Janet vs Good Janet segment either, it didnt convey the message very well through the imagery, I've always thought Janet's creative team needed to evolve more, to do even better details to a "Janet" show, the graphics at times have been down right cheesy to me. I did think her game stepped up on "Unbreakable" the imagery there worked well

What was cheesy to you & what aspects of the Unbreakable imagery did you really like?

Posted · Report post

VR and up close......miss her concerts, wont go to another til she comes to Sydney Australia. :wub:

Posted · Report post

Im still puzzled as to how many people say they loved RWY tour, I found it lacking in some areas, and I saw it twice out of the 11 total shows they did.  The energy of the rescheduled Michigan date was dead as a door knob, as a die hard fan that felt terrible to watch. As for themes I didnt like the Evil Janet vs Good Janet segment either, it didnt convey the message very well through the imagery, I've always thought Janet's creative team needed to evolve more, to do even better details to a "Janet" show, the graphics at times have been down right cheesy to me. I did think her game stepped up on "Unbreakable" the imagery there worked well

I pretty much agree with everything u said about the theme..

what I loved: 

the routines/mixes/songs that she brought back after forever for some of em.. I liked how many songs she did (35 or 36 right?) even tho she was noticeably exhausted by the end and almost seemed to not give a fuk lol.. and I even liked most of the costumes too (didn't care for the sailor or the maroon ones tho).. I thought the hawk was dope and another nice departure.. loved the opening space theme and how she did 3 classic songs straight into the new FB.. loved the stage and catwalk she had (all those bring it back!).. the opening was awesome (still can't figure out how she appeared right behind the wall of smoke so fast).. all the lifts/trapdoors/screens/PYROOOO/effects, the 2 ginger dancers, and more that I can't think of..

what I didn't like about it:

The whole storyline, video interludes of evil/good Janet, her screaming for her life on the floor (especially the shows she did after she "claimed" to have vertigo...awkward), the maroon outfit, discipline, and the fact that it was way too obvious that she was lip synching everything

Posted · Report post

RN tour by far. Her silhouette > That's her best tour imo. The costuming, staging,and, themes, all hold up well even today. Timeless era. 

Posted · Report post

RN tour by far. Her silhouette > That's her best tour imo. The costuming, staging,and, themes, all hold up well even today. Timeless era. 

THANK YOU!!!!! 

nobody has even mentioned the RN opening. Its possibly the strongest opening she's ever had. Over the years I learned to really sink my teeth into it. Its something about that opening that speaks to me unlike her other ones. She didnt need pyros or no other effects goin on likeshe did with other opening. Her silhouette and stance was so profound!!!! 

janet. was exhilarating. Her most exciting opening.

Tvr? Was not a big fan of the opening. Two screens separate and an explosion. I mean...thats just so bland to me. It never jumped out to me AT ALL.

A4U ...omg her WORST opening everrrrrr. A curtain coming up... ? No

Rock? Pretty dope. I like how it was like a magic trick..with her just appearing after the two J's crossed and a cloud of smoke. 

Unbreakable is unique cus like someone else said its so different than her rest. Its almost like her most "mature" opening...if that makes sense. 

Posted · Report post

THANK YOU!!!!! 

nobody has even mentioned the RN opening. Its possibly the strongest opening she's ever had. Over the years I learned to really sink my teeth into it. Its something about that opening that speaks to me unlike her other ones. She didnt need pyros or no other effects goin on likeshe did with other opening. Her silhouette and stance was so profound!!!! 

janet. was exhilarating. Her most exciting opening.

Tvr? Was not a big fan of the opening. Two screens separate and an explosion. I mean...thats just so bland to me. It never jumped out to me AT ALL.

A4U ...omg her WORST opening everrrrrr. A curtain coming up... ? No

Rock? Pretty dope. I like how it was like a magic trick..with her just appearing after the two J's crossed and a cloud of smoke. 

Unbreakable is unique cus like someone else said its so different than her rest. Its almost like her most "mature" opening...if that makes sense. 

I liked how the RN opening was also a magic trick basically.. and her hair was never effed up after she was laying down hiding in that platform lol

you're right about the AFY opening.. I liked how she and her dancers came down on this column lifts, but the stage was so barebones at the start, sorta boring to look at.. also that photo slideshow looked like something a middle schooler created on the library computer lol

Posted · Report post

You know this is so hard because I actually love AFY Intro too to be completely honest. And as I think about it @Dal I never thought about the buckle up thing because I never really noticed it. But it was the acapella part that always got me. So I just need to list them out, these are my favs lol I guess in order

1. VR

2. AFY

3. Janet

4. RWU

BUT the best intro damm near of all is VMAs MJ tribute. Complete fire. 

she broke through that glass like a boss bitch

Posted · Report post

I liked how the RN opening was also a magic trick basically.. and her hair was never effed up after she was laying down hiding in that platform lol

you're right about the AFY opening.. I liked how she and her dancers came down on this column lifts, but the stage was so barebones at the start, sorta boring to look at.. also that photo slideshow looked like something a middle schooler created on the library computer lol

i didnt mind the photo thing she did at the beginning... I actually kinda liked it..but idk..the curtain rising was juss kinda..idk...maybe once the curtain came up and it went completely dark then a spotlight was on her maybe it would have been more dramatic! I think the lighting behind the idea of what she was tryna do is what killed it. 

Posted · Report post

What was cheesy to you & what aspects of the Unbreakable imagery did you really like?

I thought the imagery behind some songs was cheesy just background, in some footage of Janet you can hear her discussing choreography and saying things like "just to fill it" problem I have there is a perfectionist doesn't just try to kill time between set changes with filler, every aspect is detail oriented and attention paid to it. During RWY tour, those graphics didn't really shine nor enhance the music, and thats disappointing for a "visual artist" ....Now "Unbreakable" she had a better creative team doing things, clearly, from the opening sequence which was brilliant and connected to the theme and music, she even used lots of diamonds as the background screen but the detailing was more intricate and that stood out.  I would have to pull clips from YT of moments where the graphics were just not even thought out they are just there

Posted · Report post

I pretty much agree with everything u said about the theme..

what I loved: 

the routines/mixes/songs that she brought back after forever for some of em.. I liked how many songs she did (35 or 36 right?) even tho she was noticeably exhausted by the end and almost seemed to not give a fuk lol.. and I even liked most of the costumes too (didn't care for the sailor or the maroon ones tho).. I thought the hawk was dope and another nice departure.. loved the opening space theme and how she did 3 classic songs straight into the new FB.. loved the stage and catwalk she had (all those bring it back!).. the opening was awesome (still can't figure out how she appeared right behind the wall of smoke so fast).. all the lifts/trapdoors/screens/PYROOOO/effects, the 2 ginger dancers, and more that I can't think of..

what I didn't like about it:

The whole storyline, video interludes of evil/good Janet, her screaming for her life on the floor (especially the shows she did after she "claimed" to have vertigo...awkward), the maroon outfit, discipline, and the fact that it was way too obvious that she was lip synching everything

see I didnt like the sailor nor the maroon costumes either