Anybody here a fellow atheist?

Dal

I believe in God but not because religion was forced upon me but because I was exposed to it and allowed to make my own decisions.

I always went to church with my Nan as a child. I was never made to go, it was just somewhere I liked going and if one week I didn't feel like going then I didn't go. I tried Sunday school but I didn't like it, I preferred the church service to colouring in a picture of the nativity. My father never came to church and never expresses any opinion on religion so I don't know what he believes, and my mother would only come occasionally as she was always busy.

Now I am older I am not a regular church attendee not for any reason against the church but because I feel that going to church doesn't make you any more religious. It's what you feel inside that matters and how you treat others.

Both. Adam and Eve could have looked like scientists impressions of early humans whom we have evolved from. I don't believe that we are all descended from Adam and Eve, firstly for the reason that they had two sons so it would be impossible and secondly the bible only states that Adam and Eve were the first humans God created. He could have created many more after them. 

Except Adam & Eve is a fictional story :blink:  there’s literally a talking serpent in the fictional story. Snakes can not communicate with humans verbally (using human words)  

Scientists Do Not believe we evolved from fairytale humans. That’s a fact.

This is why I’m atheist. And it’s so frustrating. It’s sad people still, to this day, believe some of these childlike fairytales that their church, ignoring all science and logic, pushed through the young minds of millions. 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

Both. Adam and Eve could have looked like scientists impressions of early humans whom we have evolved from. I don't believe that we are all descended from Adam and Eve, firstly for the reason that they had two sons so it would be impossible and secondly the bible only states that Adam and Eve were the first humans God created. He could have created many more after them. 

so evolution isnt an option here? We have evidence of Darwinism and we have evidence of evolution, but a story of two people created by God one that came from a spare rib is a bit much

• Upvote 1

If you believe God created two people (Adam & Eve) then you believe that the earth is only 6000 years old (scientifically disproven thanks to fossils and carbon dating), and God created the planet in six days (myth, lies, fairytale)

You cannot believe in evolution AND the fairytale of Adam & Eve 

• Upvote 1