The Lion King Smashes Box Office

I don't want to see Disney and Beyoncé make love together and pop out a mainstream product for the masses.. nope.. don't want it.. 

she wanna do a voice..? Fine, no problem..

but i def don't want her to be on her Michael jackson shit and turn around and be a Disney star either.. I swear she legit do any and everything Mike and Jan have already done.. like go create a lane for yourself Bey!

and I like Bey for the most part, but don't come for Disney tho.. like Disneyland is the one place I can go to without seeing or hearing anything Knowles-related..

carry on

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I don't want to see Disney and Beyoncé make love together and pop out a mainstream product for the masses.. nope.. don't want it.. 

she wanna do a voice..? Fine, no problem..

but i def don't want her to be on her Michael jackson shit and turn around and be a Disney star either.. I swear she legit do any and everything Mike and Jan have already done.. like go create a lane for yourself Bey!

and I like Bey for the most part, but don't come for Disney tho.. like Disneyland is the one place I can go to without seeing or hearing anything Knowles-related..

carry on

When was Janet or her terrible actor of a brother in a Disney film? 

Why does she have to limit herself? 

Youre still going to watch the movie, with or without Beyonce 

• Downvote 1

When was Janet or her brother in a Disney film? 

Captain EO.. not just a film, but an attraction in and of itself..

..and years before that, he did a Disneyland TV special where he sang Disney's most iconic song, arguably:

• Upvote 1

Girl.. Lion King (the original) >>>> everything MJ has done with Disney 

Lion King is iconic... period. Beyonce isn’t jumping on MJ’s anything. Nice try tho with the weak comparison but just bc MJ had some weird short film and attraction 20-odd years ago doesn’t mean Beyonce is copying it by doing a remake of perhaps their greatest animated film to date 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Girl.. Lion King (the original) >>>> everything MJ has done with Disney 

Lion King is iconic... period. Beyonce isn’t jumping on MJ’s anything. Nice try tho with the weak comparison but just bc MJ had some weird short film and attraction 20-odd years ago doesn’t mean Beyonce is copying it by doing a remake of perhaps their greatest animated film to date 

ur really gonna start a debate about which is better between Lion King and Captain EO...?! ??

...who tf said EO was better...?!?! I sure as hell didn't... not enough drama in this thread for you yet.?

you're sum else Norm, I swear..

And me saying that Beyoncé was copying MJ/JJ was partially in jest.. you see, folks have been claiming that Bey bites off the Jacksons waaay too much for at least the past decade (and with good reason).. yes, she usually gives her dues and compliments towards them, but still..

and yes I made the Disney connection between MJ because there was CLEARLY a connection.. they spent $17mil on a lavish, over-produced 3D music video to be shown solely throughout their parks. Yes they got rid of it in the 90's, partly because MJ wasn't as in demand as he used to be, but mostly because the film itself had aged terribly.. yet still, even after all his troubles, after he passed Disney felt it necessary to resurrect Captain EO in all its parks worldwide, after showing his children a private screening of the flick. Disney didn't only bring the film back, but most/all of the merchandise that came with it, including shirts, figurines and posters plastered with Michael Jackson's face. Disney had a relationship with MJ, like it or not..

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that's beyonce and Disney have done together, so this is a first for them it seems.. more power to her.. I don't dislike beyonce, I've been to her shows, I've bought some of her stuff... I like her.. I was just sayin..

now go attempt to start some shit elsewhere..

poof be gone..

ur really gonna start a debate about which is better between Lion King and Captain EO...?! ??

...who tf said EO was better...?!?! I sure as hell didn't... not enough drama in this thread for you yet.?

you're sum else Norm, I swear..

And me saying that Beyoncé was copying MJ/JJ was partially in jest.. you see, folks have been claiming that Bey bites off the Jacksons waaay too much for at least the past decade (and with good reason).. yes, she usually gives her dues and compliments towards them, but still..

and yes I made the Disney connection between MJ because there was CLEARLY a connection.. they spent $17mil on a lavish, over-produced 3D music video to be shown solely throughout their parks. Yes they got rid of it in the 90's, partly because MJ wasn't as in demand as he used to be, but mostly because the film itself had aged terribly.. yet still, even after all his troubles, after he passed Disney felt it necessary to resurrect Captain EO in all its parks worldwide, after showing his children a private screening of the flick. Disney didn't only bring the film back, but most/all of the merchandise that came with it, including shirts, figurines and posters plastered with Michael Jackson's face. Disney had a relationship with MJ, like it or not..

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that's beyonce and Disney have done together, so this is a first for them it seems.. more power to her.. I don't dislike beyonce, I've been to her shows, I've bought some of her stuff... I like her.. I was just sayin..

now go attempt to start some shit elsewhere..

poof be gone..

I get the point, but I don't see where you wanna go with this...
Disney Parks and Walt Disney Animation Studios are two diffrent things. Same group, both make a lot of money, the movie caracters are in the Parks blah blah blah, but still, two diffrent things.

MJ always loved the world of Disney. He loved the movies, the parks, everything! So, when he was asked to bring Captain EO to life (a park-only attraction, that only came back in recent years because he died), of course he said yes! But really? Nobody remembers that expect MJ and George Lucas' fans. It was a park attraction, how many of those come and go through the years?

IF this Lion King rumor turn out to be truth, it will be a movie star/studio deal. Angelina Jolie played Maleficent. Johnny Deep played the Mad Hatter. Emma Watson played Belle. Beyoncé might play Nala. And about the soundtrack, they might even ask her to sing a theme song, but I doubt Disney would trade Elton for Bey. The Lion King soundtrack won a couple of Academy Awards! Elton John, Tim Rice and Disney had a long run partnership... I think they will update everything, like they did on Beauty And The Beast. But they would never throw Elton John's work away and come up with all new R&B sounds for the movie.

The soundtrack is 50% reasons why the movie is so iconic.

• Upvote 2

I get the point, but I don't see where you wanna go with this...Disney Parks and Walt Disney Animation Studios are two diffrent things. Same group, both make a lot of money, the movie caracters are in the Parks blah blah blah, but still, two diffrent things.

y'all have got to just....I don't even know..

does errrthing in here need to have a point to it..?

beyonce and Disney were the topic.. I inserted MJ and disney into it since Bey loves MJ and MJ loved Disney.. end of discussion..

Ya'll need to go back to high school biology since it seems y'all love dissecting shit... ✌? 

y'all have got to just....I don't even know..

does errrthing in here need to have a point to it..?

beyonce and Disney were the topic.. I inserted MJ and disney into it since Bey loves MJ and MJ loved Disney.. end of discussion..

Ya'll need to go back to high school biology since it seems y'all love dissecting shit... ✌? 

I think your [flawed] point was to diss Beyonce for wanting to be in an iconic Disney film that adults of our time remember and actually love. 

Lion King will go down in history as one of the best animated films of the 90s (along with Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast) that is still relevant to this day and the next generation and the next. 

Captain EO is literally the opposite.. 80s bullshit that no one cares about period. 

• Downvote 1

Lion King will go down in history as one of the best animated films of the 90s (along with Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast) that is still relevant to this day and the next generation and the next. 

it's already seen as a Disney classic, not just of the 90's, but period... hence the reason they're making a live action mov----ya know what, I'm over here debating a damn Disney flick's greatness now when ain't nobody even brought up shit about the quality of that film... bye!

it's already seen as a Disney classic, not just of the 90's, but period... 

I'm over here debating a damn Disney flick's greatness 

Like you, I cannot predict the future.. that’s why I said the 90s. 

We’re not debating anything about the film btw. You failed bringing up and comparing Janet and her deceased Bro to Beyonce as if any of the two has done a Disney film worth talking about. You tried and failed to hate on Beyonce.

• Downvote 1

Like you, I cannot predict the future.. that’s why I said the 90s. 

We’re not debating anything about the film btw. You failed bringing up and comparing Janet and her deceased Bro to Beyonce as if any of the two has done a Disney film worth talking about. You tried and failed to hate on Beyonce.

how does one fail to hate? You make no sense ..

if somebody says man I hope beyonce ain't in this movie cuz she sucks, then bam boom done...hate achieved lol.. get off beyonces tits and move on 

how does one fail to hate? You make no sense ..

if somebody says man I hope beyonce ain't in this movie cuz she sucks, then bam boom done...hate achieved lol.. get off beyonces tits and move on 

You attempted to Shade Beyonce for doing an iconic film by bringing up a Legend in her deceased brother whom neither has done a real Disney film

That someone is still gonna see it and be impacted by it. The movie going to make $100M WW regardless 

• Downvote 1

You attempted to Shade Beyonce for doing an iconic film by bringing up a Legend in her deceased brother whom neither has done a real Disney film

That someone is still gonna see it and be impacted by it. The movie going to make $100M WW regardless 

omg norm you are being so extra Norman-y lately..

we get it, you don't like MJ or Captain EO, message received.. buuuut

Get. Over. It. 

Captain EO is as real a Disney film as they come.. what other company made that movie..? I'll wait...

And 100mil is your prediction..?! Ha ha haaaa! I see you're showing your incompetence when it comes to the film industry.. it's going to make $200mil, opening weekend, easily.. Lion King, if it turns out to be anything like Jungle Book, is a billion dollar film no doubt..

• Upvote 1

omg norm you are being so extra Norman-y lately..

we get it, you don't like MJ or Captain EO, message received.. buuuut

Get. Over. It. 

Captain EO is as real a Disney film as they come.. what other company made that movie..? I'll wait...

And 100mil is your prediction..?! Ha ha haaaa! I see you're showing your incompetence when it comes to the film industry.. it's going to make $200mil, opening weekend, easily.. Lion King, if it turns out to be anything like Jungle Book, is a billion dollar film no doubt..

it’s a Short film and is irrelevant

? I hate you :lmao: 

• Downvote 1