• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Janet’s At Kendrick Lamar’s Concert in LA

219 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I love soothing music like this!!! It gives me Jill/Erykah teas

Posted · Report post

I love soothing music like this!!! It gives me Jill/Erykah teas

this is Janet's vibe very much so and I love that kind of music too. Janet hasn't had an EXCELLENT ballad in a long time. This is her vibe & direction. It would do some justice. Also that other track is a good mid tempo too. Janet could use some diversity but Unbreakable was great. 

Posted · Report post

this is Janet's vibe very much so and I love that kind of music too. Janet hasn't had an EXCELLENT ballad in a long time. This is her vibe & direction. It would do some justice. Also that other track is a good mid tempo too. Janet could use some diversity but Unbreakable was great. 

You know I actually love "Can't B Good". I think it could've been a top 10 on the R&B charts. I already know "What's Ur Name?" would've been a hit on urban radio. Too bad L.A. Reid fucked everything up for that album.

Posted · Report post

You know I actually love "Can't B Good". I think it could've been a top 10 on the R&B charts. I already know "What's Ur Name?" would've been a hit on urban radio. Too bad L.A. Reid fucked everything up for that album.

Confession: I do not care too much for Can't B Good. Lol I do love Take Care, I love Love U 4 Life on Unbreakable 

Posted · Report post

Confession: I do not care too much for Can't B Good. Lol I do love Take Care, I love Love U 4 Life on Unbreakable 

Love U 4 Life is my fave out of all 3

Posted · Report post

Unbreakable was Janet's best album in YEARS, so if it ain't JJ/TL...I don't see it for them.  And the reason why Feedback did so well was bc Janet promoted it and performed it on shows...imagine if she would have did that with BurnItUp...Chile please. Jimmy and Terry is where it's at.

Posted · Report post

Unbreakable was Janet's best album in YEARS, so if it ain't JJ/TL...I don't see it for them.  And the reason why Feedback did so well was bc Janet promoted it and performed it on shows...imagine if she would have did that with BurnItUp...Chile please. Jimmy and Terry is where it's at.

BIU is not aging well for me. I think it was good at initial listen but it had a dated feel. I think Dammn Baby has a better vibe for time. I feel jimmy and terry are the foundation but it doesn't hurt to get the right contractor. That's what they did with the last album Dem Jointz is responsible for a lot of what you like 

Posted · Report post

BIU is not aging well for me. I think it was good at initial listen but it had a dated feel. I think Dammn Baby has a better vibe for time. I feel jimmy and terry are the foundation but it doesn't hurt to get the right contractor. That's what they did with the last album Dem Jointz is responsible for a lot of what you like 

Honestly, Unbreakable has more hits on it.  Black Eagle and Take Me Away were done solely by the Triumverate, and those tracks stand up with Janet's classics IMO.  The Night track was originally written by Mickey Shiloh and Tommy McClendon, but the Triumverate knew what to do to make it a killer track.  But again can't become a hit if people don't know about it!!!  

Posted · Report post

More fuel on the Janet/ Kendrick collab fire

Posted · Report post

Honestly, Unbreakable has more hits on it.  Black Eagle and Take Me Away were done solely by the Triumverate, and those tracks stand up with Janet's classics IMO.  The Night track was originally written by Mickey Shiloh and Tommy McClendon, but the Triumverate knew what to do to make it a killer track.  But again can't become a hit if people don't know about it!!!  

Didnt realize there were that many ppl writing the tracks. 

Posted · Report post

I really wanna like Love U 4 Life but it feels unfinished...and the Jacksonese is strong

I love Cant B Good but I often forget about it.

Posted · Report post

I really wanna like Love U 4 Life but it feels unfinished...and the Jacksonese is strong

I love Cant B Good but I often forget about it.

What?!! Nah I don't think the Jacksonese is heavy with Love U 4 Life. That's my shit. It does feel undone though. 

Posted · Report post

Feedback >>>>>>>>>>> That song Missy was hollering on 

Posted (edited) · Report post

All I know is Janet's last hit "Feedback" was produced by Rodney Jerkins and someone else.

"Feedback" was and remains the shit....all will deal :filenails:

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

Feedback is her best single in the last 15 years... it's legit one of my all-time favs of hers and I'm convinced that it could've/would've/should've been her last #1 hit song... I don't know what exactly should've been done to make it top the charts (maybe she shouldn't had waited til the day of Discipline's release to perform it for the first time, maybe the video should've been better (I liked it), maybe they should've played the Payola game more back then, etc)...idk.. but I'm sure if it was released by Rihanna or Britney back in December of 2007 it would've been #1...oh well

I feel like Janet loves that song also, which is why she's performed it during every show she's done since 2008..

Posted · Report post

No they didn’t NEED neither a third person not a bigger budget :blink: sorry Janet didn’t use a camp of full of writers and producers like Beyonce

Prob why her album wasn't as acclaimed? idk

Jimmy & Terry's best days are behind them clearly. Sad!

Posted · Report post

JJ/TL are great, but she needs to incorporate other talent

!!! The productions on Unbreakable were just a digital mess out. Not seeing any of their previous collabs! Sorry! 

Highlights like Night and Dammn Bby came from other producers. Even target-exclusive-that-should-have-been-on-the-album Love u 4 life was someone elses work!

Posted · Report post

Honestly prime example of how JJ&TL are washed. I love this song and the melody of the chorus and janet sounds divine but this production is the pits. 

Cheap and tacky. Down to that corny ass "guitar" solo at the end. Where is the real instrumentation? This is NOT going to age like their previous work at all! No shade!

Janet delivered, but JJ let us down! Point blank!

WASHED! 

Posted · Report post

Lessons Learned sounds so beautiful. I love the production (It's so velvet rope to me) 

Black Eagle (amazing) 

Promise Of You (I'm in love with this song) 

Posted · Report post

Honestly prime example of how JJ&TL are washed. I love this song and the melody of the chorus and janet sounds divine but this production is the pits. 

Cheap and tacky. Down to that corny ass "guitar" solo at the end. Where is the real instrumentation? This is NOT going to age like their previous work at all! No shade!

WASHED! 

Personally this is not one of my favorite songs I'm not a fan of choppy vocals Janet. I genuinely don't like the vocals on the versus but I completely disagree about JJ/JT they're still very great producers. Lessons Learned is a great song, but I feel like they have the perfect formula they just could use other influencers in the mix. 

Posted · Report post

When Janet worked with other producers, we got 20YO and Discipline. Ya'll want that again? The only good to come out of that were RWU, FB, and Luv. There's a reason why the second half of 20YO sounds better than the first. 

The trio (J-J-T) did a great job of updating Janet's sound, but keeping in time with classic Janet from structure to content. Some of the tracks on this album can stand next to her old material, namely DB, BE, AYF, GBA, and UB. 

Posted · Report post

When Janet worked with other producers, we got 20YO and Discipline. Ya'll want that again? The only good to come out of that were RWU, FB, and Luv. There's a reason why the second half of 20YO sounds better than the first. 

The trio (J-J-T) did a great job of updating Janet's sound, but keeping in time with classic Janet from structure to content. Some of the tracks on this album can stand next to her old material, namely DB, BE, AYF, GBA, and UB. 

You better preach

Posted · Report post

WASHED! 

you almost got slapped BIH cause that guitar solo at the end was everything and it's my favorite part of the song.

Please! Feedback did well because it was good. It was climbing the charts before she performed it. 

Posted · Report post

I actually think she will do a couple of interviews. She seems to be in a different space now.  I don't see it for Kelly Alexander.#sorryboutit

that's wrong, Kelly Alexander is sooooo professional and such a stan, to not give her the time would be insulting to say the least