Janet’s At Kendrick Lamar’s Concert in LA

I love soothing music like this!!! It gives me Jill/Erykah teas

this is Janet's vibe very much so and I love that kind of music too. Janet hasn't had an EXCELLENT ballad in a long time. This is her vibe & direction. It would do some justice. Also that other track is a good mid tempo too. Janet could use some diversity but Unbreakable was great. 

this is Janet's vibe very much so and I love that kind of music too. Janet hasn't had an EXCELLENT ballad in a long time. This is her vibe & direction. It would do some justice. Also that other track is a good mid tempo too. Janet could use some diversity but Unbreakable was great. 

You know I actually love "Can't B Good". I think it could've been a top 10 on the R&B charts. I already know "What's Ur Name?" would've been a hit on urban radio. Too bad L.A. Reid fucked everything up for that album.

• Upvote 1

You know I actually love "Can't B Good". I think it could've been a top 10 on the R&B charts. I already know "What's Ur Name?" would've been a hit on urban radio. Too bad L.A. Reid fucked everything up for that album.

Confession: I do not care too much for Can't B Good. Lol I do love Take Care, I love Love U 4 Life on Unbreakable 

Unbreakable was Janet's best album in YEARS, so if it ain't JJ/TL...I don't see it for them.  And the reason why Feedback did so well was bc Janet promoted it and performed it on shows...imagine if she would have did that with BurnItUp...Chile please. Jimmy and Terry is where it's at.

Unbreakable was Janet's best album in YEARS, so if it ain't JJ/TL...I don't see it for them.  And the reason why Feedback did so well was bc Janet promoted it and performed it on shows...imagine if she would have did that with BurnItUp...Chile please. Jimmy and Terry is where it's at.

BIU is not aging well for me. I think it was good at initial listen but it had a dated feel. I think Dammn Baby has a better vibe for time. I feel jimmy and terry are the foundation but it doesn't hurt to get the right contractor. That's what they did with the last album Dem Jointz is responsible for a lot of what you like 

• Upvote 1

BIU is not aging well for me. I think it was good at initial listen but it had a dated feel. I think Dammn Baby has a better vibe for time. I feel jimmy and terry are the foundation but it doesn't hurt to get the right contractor. That's what they did with the last album Dem Jointz is responsible for a lot of what you like 

Honestly, Unbreakable has more hits on it.  Black Eagle and Take Me Away were done solely by the Triumverate, and those tracks stand up with Janet's classics IMO.  The Night track was originally written by Mickey Shiloh and Tommy McClendon, but the Triumverate knew what to do to make it a killer track.  But again can't become a hit if people don't know about it!!!  

Honestly, Unbreakable has more hits on it.  Black Eagle and Take Me Away were done solely by the Triumverate, and those tracks stand up with Janet's classics IMO.  The Night track was originally written by Mickey Shiloh and Tommy McClendon, but the Triumverate knew what to do to make it a killer track.  But again can't become a hit if people don't know about it!!!  

Didnt realize there were that many ppl writing the tracks. 

Feedback >>>>>>>>>>> That song Missy was hollering on 

• Upvote 6

Feedback is her best single in the last 15 years... it's legit one of my all-time favs of hers and I'm convinced that it could've/would've/should've been her last #1 hit song... I don't know what exactly should've been done to make it top the charts (maybe she shouldn't had waited til the day of Discipline's release to perform it for the first time, maybe the video should've been better (I liked it), maybe they should've played the Payola game more back then, etc)...idk.. but I'm sure if it was released by Rihanna or Britney back in December of 2007 it would've been #1...oh well

I feel like Janet loves that song also, which is why she's performed it during every show she's done since 2008..

• Upvote 6

JJ/TL are great, but she needs to incorporate other talent

!!! The productions on Unbreakable were just a digital mess out. Not seeing any of their previous collabs! Sorry! 

Highlights like Night and Dammn Bby came from other producers. Even target-exclusive-that-should-have-been-on-the-album Love u 4 life was someone elses work!

Honestly prime example of how JJ&TL are washed. I love this song and the melody of the chorus and janet sounds divine but this production is the pits. 

Cheap and tacky. Down to that corny ass "guitar" solo at the end. Where is the real instrumentation? This is NOT going to age like their previous work at all! No shade!

Janet delivered, but JJ let us down! Point blank!

WASHED! 

• Downvote 4

Honestly prime example of how JJ&TL are washed. I love this song and the melody of the chorus and janet sounds divine but this production is the pits. 

Cheap and tacky. Down to that corny ass "guitar" solo at the end. Where is the real instrumentation? This is NOT going to age like their previous work at all! No shade!

WASHED! 

Personally this is not one of my favorite songs I'm not a fan of choppy vocals Janet. I genuinely don't like the vocals on the versus but I completely disagree about JJ/JT they're still very great producers. Lessons Learned is a great song, but I feel like they have the perfect formula they just could use other influencers in the mix. 

• Upvote 1

When Janet worked with other producers, we got 20YO and Discipline. Ya'll want that again? The only good to come out of that were RWU, FB, and Luv. There's a reason why the second half of 20YO sounds better than the first. 

The trio (J-J-T) did a great job of updating Janet's sound, but keeping in time with classic Janet from structure to content. Some of the tracks on this album can stand next to her old material, namely DB, BE, AYF, GBA, and UB. 

• Upvote 9

When Janet worked with other producers, we got 20YO and Discipline. Ya'll want that again? The only good to come out of that were RWU, FB, and Luv. There's a reason why the second half of 20YO sounds better than the first. 

The trio (J-J-T) did a great job of updating Janet's sound, but keeping in time with classic Janet from structure to content. Some of the tracks on this album can stand next to her old material, namely DB, BE, AYF, GBA, and UB. 

You better preach

• Upvote 2

WASHED! 

you almost got slapped BIH cause that guitar solo at the end was everything and it's my favorite part of the song.

Please! Feedback did well because it was good. It was climbing the charts before she performed it. 

• Upvote 1

I actually think she will do a couple of interviews. She seems to be in a different space now.  I don't see it for Kelly Alexander.#sorryboutit

that's wrong, Kelly Alexander is sooooo professional and such a stan, to not give her the time would be insulting to say the least

• Upvote 1