Janet’s At Kendrick Lamar’s Concert in LA

Please! Feedback did well because it was good. It was climbing the charts before she performed it. 

No, FB started tanking in January when Janet wasn't promoting it. The only reason it got up to #19 on the Hot 100 was cuz of the promo blitz. Look at the chart run, FB was going up and down each week. 

• Upvote 4

Honestly prime example of how JJ&TL are washed. I love this song and the melody of the chorus and janet sounds divine but this production is the pits. 

Cheap and tacky. Down to that corny ass "guitar" solo at the end. Where is the real instrumentation? This is NOT going to age like their previous work at all! No shade!

Janet delivered, but JJ let us down! Point blank!

WASHED! 

I couldn't DISagree more here.  Take Me Away is a classic... very much in the vain of When I Think Of You or Doesn't Really Matter.  To me it captures the "sunlight" that has always propelled Janet's biggest hits.  A sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between.  IMO Take Me Away is THE biggest sleeper hit on Unbreakable.  

The only question is WHERE it would be a hit.  I'm not sure if it would latch on as well in America, but it Japan??  Release this as a single with a good video and it's OVAH... even in 2017.  

Let's analyze the Number 1 hits (all format) as a test of the above hypothesis...  

WITOY-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between

MYM-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between 

Escapade-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between

Black Cat-- the outlier, written solely by Ms. Jackson!!  

LWND-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between

TTWLG-- sweet simple message... no laughs, but close

Again-- sweet simple message

Together Again-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh 

DRM-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between

AFY-- sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between

And finally Take Me Away is... well... a sweet, simple message delivered by her with a few hints of a laugh or a screech in between.  

:coffee:

• Upvote 4

I hate the choppy vocals of Take Me Away that's what holds it back from being "great" to me. The chorus I'm cool with & I think it sounds good. I think Night is Unbreakable's  gem. It grew to be one of my top Janet tracks. Also Love U 4 Life & Promise of You is a self-aware/introspective Body That Loves You. 

I think Night could have had an EPIC video with amazing visuals & it would have been a great release especially if the video opened with the intro of Dream Maker & the prayer of Dream Maker right into Night. 

I can see Take Me Away working in Japan. 

Not holding a candle to their best, but it is a nice song ia!

And you bring up an important point here... what does being the "most popular" have to do with being the best??  Two different concepts.  Even when it comes to being a hit record vs. just being a good song... those are not entirely in sync.  

That said, I do really like Take Me Away, but it's not my favorite track from the album, and not my fav Janet song.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 2

And you bring up an important point here... what does being the "most popular" have to do with being the best??  Two different concepts.  Even when it comes to being a hit record vs. just being a good song... those are not entirely in sync.  

It doesn’t. Sales doesn’t equal quality. I’ve been told that by the Xtina & Kelly Rowland  fans so it must be true :) 

Edited by State of the Game

That dance/techno sound is what works internationally. There's a reason why TA is Janet's biggest hit globally. 

Sure, but JJ/TL poor attempt at current electronic music is not fooling anyone overseas.

TMA is a great song structurally(Lyrics, melodies, harmonies) its just that JJ&TL really fell short on the production. Imagine how much more fresh the song would sound if a Calvin Harris or even a David Guetta? produced it.  

Just reminded me at Shoulda known betta (to record over this late ass production)<<<<

That said, I do really like Take Me Away, but it's not my favorite track from the album, and not my fav Janet song.  

It's not even about popularity, just comparing the back catalog.

There is nothing innovative, refreshing, special, etc. about the production on Take Me Away. Sorry!

Sure, but JJ/TL poor attempt at current electronic music is not fooling anyone overseas.

TMA is a great song structurally(Lyrics, melodies, harmonies) its just that JJ&TL really fell short on the production. Imagine how much more fresh the song would sound if a Calvin Harris or even a David Guetta? produced it.  

Just reminded me at Shoulda known betta (to record over this late ass production)<<<<

Of all the people you could've named OMG  :lol::lol:  Are you listening to pop radio, like at all in 2017??  

Granted, JJ & TL  are no Boots or Purity Ring, but if you're gonna call Calvin Harris "fresh" then you betta also tell him to give George Clinton some of them beats back!!  

Don't be afraid to catch SHADE... 

• Upvote 2

Of all the people you could've named OMG  :lol::lol:  Are you listening to pop radio, like at all in 2017??  

Granted, JJ & TL  are no Boots or Purity Ring, but if you're gonna call Calvin Harris "fresh" then you betta also tell him to give George Clinton some of them beats back!!  

Don't be afraid to catch SHADE... 

lmao boots and purity ring arent on pop radio tho

Calvin is! LOL!

Yes it does feel like something is missing. Maybe a few instruments or something idk but I feel it. It's still one of my faves from the album

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1