Janet’s At Kendrick Lamar’s Concert in LA

You're the main person who talks about people being worried about sales & wanting bragging rights which is the driving force behind their opinion on why Janet should promote. You're the main one who claims Janet's "legendary" status is not based on opinions etc. Yet you used critics to justify whether or not DJ was a good album. You're genuinely not intelligent...you're just a troll. 

Janet went from being able to do no wrong to public enemy number one. With examples being made of her. Anyway...

Where did I mention sales? :blink: Please use direct citations ?? If sales were a driving point then wouldn’t i side with you since Damita Jo went Platinum and Unbreakable didn’t even touch Gold?

Yes I use critics to justify my opinion. What do you use? Oh! You’re own opinion which doesn’t matter ?? Btw I’m comparing DJ to Unbreakable and her other albums so yes critics’ opinions matter. 

I will defend Janet whenever necessary but to dismiss Unbreakable’s epicness in comparison to the lessor five is just plain stupid on your behalf. 

Edited by State of the Game

:sigh:

:coffee:

You're the main person who talks about people being worried about sales & wanting bragging rights which is the driving force behind their opinion on why Janet should promote. You're the main one who claims Janet's "legendary" status is not based on opinions etc. Yet you used critics to justify whether or not DJ was a good album. You're genuinely not intelligent...you're just a troll. 

Janet went from being able to do no wrong to public enemy number one. With examples being made of her. Anyway...

Gather him!!!

Edited by JoeJoe

I said if the album would've sold better you wouldn't be bashing it like you are. That has nothing to do with whether you care about sales or not. I hardly doubt any fan of an artist is gonna bash their album if it sold 10 million. Ok you say Kanye is overrated but Babyface isn't. I notice you had nothing to say about those same songs you bashed and said had no substance even though Jimmy and Terry helped write and produce them. -_- Who in the hell said Damita Jo through Discipline was as good as her older albums? Nobody, you're just talking out of your ass lol. Janet wasn't even involved in Discipline so of course it's not gonna have good quality like the rest of her albums but it still got her a top 20 without Jimmy and Terry. How many times does it have to be said to get it in your head that she doesn't need Jimmy and Terry just because you think so. Already pointed out songs that you deem shitty even though Jimmy and Terry were involved.

No. Damita Jo went Platinum in the US and Unbreakable did no such thing. Unbreakable is still the better album. I don’t care about sales obviously

I have no qualms with Babyface.

Umm LawdToday thinks it is. He also thinks Unbreakable is not better than late-2000 eras

Charts don’t matter. It’s about quality and again, we can nitpick single tracks but the album as a whole is a waste especially since Janet only had input on an interlude 

You pointed out ONE track, Feedback, which isn’t a great example. 

The second half of 20 YO is 24738x better than the first half. Know why? Jimmy/Terry.. Jimmy/Terry excutive produced Damita Jo and produced or written a large percentage of the tracks. So all you have is Discipline (which is her worst since...), JJ, & DS. 

Of the 11 albums... 8.5 were done with Jimmy/Terry.. one of those are ALWAYS a fan favorite except for Damita Jo

Simple math. If all the albums they’ve done are fan favorites, I’m pretty sure Janet needs them ??‍♂️

Yes I use critics to justify my opinion. What do you use? Oh! You’re own opinion which doesn’t matter ?? Btw I’m comparing DJ to Unbreakable and her other albums so yes critics’ opinions matter. 

Well here's Janet's opinion cited from your album of choice:

"It's never the critics that count cuz critics only wanna talk..."

I'm an enlightened mind with my own opinion of the music. 

Ok you guys it's 2017 and we got neo-Nazi's (aka fucking Nazis) out here in America murdering innocent people and we're on the brink of potential nuclear war and y'all wanna argue about 13 year old songs and 2 year old songs and which are better and which have more substance and I'm just like wtf

• Upvote 1

Ok you guys it's 2017 and we got neo-Nazi's (aka fucking Nazis) out here in America murdering innocent people and we're on the brink of potential nuclear war and y'all wanna argue about 13 year old songs and 2 year old songs and which are better and which have more substance and I'm just like wtf

Hopefully Janet weighs in on these issues on tour through her music & performance but these conversations are topic based. If that were the topic we'd be weighing in. We're very much so able to hold a variety of conversations and concerns at once. 

Also Janet touching on those things is what solidified me as a fan. 

Hopefully Janet weighs in on these issues on tour through her music & performance but these conversations are topic based. If that were the topic we'd be weighing in. We're very much so able to hold a variety of conversations and concerns at once. 

Also Janet touching on those things is what solidified me as a fan. 

I feel it but that's still beside the point... obviously the topic suddenly switched to if IWY is better than the Unbreakable album (from the original topic of Kendrick) but all I'm saying is who gives af.. like at least discuss some Janet shit with substance.. y'all are debating useless opinions on songs over a decade old..

....and now here I am saying how dumb all this shit is and it's like I've been sucked into this nonsense... gtg..

• Upvote 1

Well this is a Janet forum so :mellow:  On the Free Xone section of this forum there's a thread to talk about that which we've done already. You can go there if you want to discuss politics lol. I see the media has you too. These people have been around for decades and have been having marches or whatever. The media is doing that shit to take away from what's going on in the white house but I ain't falling for it #staywoke

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

Well here's Janet's opinion cited from your album of choice:

"It's never the critics that count cuz critics only wanna talk..."

I'm an enlightened mind with my own opinion of the music. 

The Great Forever is about her previous relationship.. not the quality of her music.. nice try but huge fail. C’mon. And don’t give me that “well what I got from the song” bc the song is literally not about music critics. You can’t take one line from a song and apply it to whatever you want. :sigh: 

That’s your opinion. 

The Great Forever is about her previous relationship.. not the quality of her music.. nice try but huge fail. C’mon. And don’t give me that “well what I got from the song” bc the song is literally not about music critics. You can’t take one line from a song and apply it to whatever you want. :sigh: 

That’s your opinion. 

A critic is a critic. If you knew anything about Janet you would know she doesn't even read reviews. She give no critic the time of day. Yet, you the self proclaimed advocate does. You're a phony.  

The Nazis aren’t a new thing. I’m not sure why you people are surprised by their uprising. They’ve been doing it for 100 years. Nothing new

North Korea ain’t shit. We’d shoot down a nuclear missile before it touched Guam

A critic is a critic. If you knew anything about Janet you would know she doesn't even read reviews. She give no critic the time of day. Yet, you the self proclaimed advocate does. You're a phony.  

I knew that already :yawn: Janet reading reviews has nothing to do with anything 

What kind of logic is that?! So I’m suppose to follow everything Janet does to a T? Janet loves her siblings... I don’t know any of her family aside from Katherine... Janet also was married thrice.. So that means I’m suppose to get married? Well I guess I’m a phony :lmao: :lmao: 

the confusion lives....:blink:

the contradictions melt...

we're left alone with Jimmy and Terry :rolleyes:

They are all I need...

They are the breath I breathe...:rolleyes:

Chile...

I'm not saying that Janet can't be great without Jimmy and Terry.

My argument is that when the three of them are in the studio, the entity known as Janet Jackson is elevated to a higher frequency. A frequency that transforms Janet's music into a mirror and I can see myself in it. -_- When she was working with other producers, nothing was reflected.:huh::rolleyes:

• Upvote 5

They are all I need...

Chile...

My argument is that when the three of them are in the studio, the entity known as Janet Jackson is elevated to a higher frequency. A frequency that transforms Janet's music into a mirror and I can see myself in it. -_- When she was working with other producers, nothing was reflected.:huh::rolleyes:

Exactly! Janet is Janet with Jimmy & Terry.. They have worked together for years and knows Janet inside and out. They are a family, a family that may have house guests but not JD and a party. 

Thats what makes classic Janet... That’s what listeners fell in love with. Coke-a-Cola is amazing... Coke-a-Cola with a hint of lime.. ehhh

• Upvote 1

Calling I Want You an "iconic 2000s Kanye sound"...  umm, that song is 100% Doo Wop.  Kanye didn't invent Doo Wop... it's been around since the 1950s. And the lyrics are ok... nothing profound, but they get the job done. To be clear I love the track... It's my 2nd favorite on Damita Jo, but let's not make it something more than it is.  

But Unbreakable as a track or an album is a whole level above I Want You... end of story.   

I can't your shade seriously anymore.   Whatever your opinion of Jimmy and Terry, we can rest easy with The Knowledge that the collaborators you speak of have shot your assertions down... 

17:30-- "I model myself off of [Jimmy and Terry].... I'm a super Jimmy and Terry fan as musicians.  I've studied their chords, I try to study everything about them."  

Girl I Want You > 75% of Unbreakable. The public agrees. Get over it.

and idc what you call it but it was Kanye's sound hun. Don't care about your genre semantics and how obvious samples are "stolen"

Get into it. 

And yes Jimmy Jam & TL are certified icons and very talented hence everyone in agreement about the top 5. Where in my post did I call them untalented? Wake up out of fantasy land and how about you join the rest of us here in the real world? 

Aretha Franklin is a talented music icon, but I'm not gonna call her in 2017 for a record. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They are all I need...

Chile...

I've missed you. :lmao::wub:

• Upvote 1

Like did you just try to discredit music critics bc Janet doesn’t read them? Wow. Huge fail ?????????

Smh. Critics don't define what is good or not. They're opinions that don't matter. Funny you go through the forum telling ppl their opinions don't matter yet you're here trying to validate yours with some other people's. This will be our last exchange on this topic...because your lack of intelligence is kinda embarrassing to even engage. 

• Upvote 2

The Nazis aren’t a new thing. I’m not sure why you people are surprised by their uprising. They’ve been doing it for 100 years. Nothing new

North Korea ain’t shit. We’d shoot down a nuclear missile before it touched Guam

of course they're not new, but them wanting to hold rallies and marches and protests out in the public, without hoods covering their faces, to directly strike fear in their surrounding citizens, all the while being broadcasted live on afternoon television is not a normal routine thing... not to mention speeding through a crowd of protesters with one's vehicle isn't typical Saturday afternoon shit.. so that part is relatively surprising to much of the country

and yes we have missle defense systems of course, but that is not a guaranteed tactic. NK has weapons  that could reach the contintetal US, and likely nuclear warheads to attach to those missle weapons. Their last missle test went almost 2,000 miles straight up into outer space and came back into our atmosphere to hit into the oceans, THAT IS MINDBLOWING!! 2k miles into space against gravity and the elements of our atmosphere... think about that. When they decide to angle that missle towards the US (and not at a 90 degree angle straight up), it's going to go a lot further than 2k miles. We're talking easy coast. And even if our defense system blows up a nuclear missle before it hits one of our cities, what does that mean for the people below it, or the climate, or the radiation. 

All im saying is that there are tons more serious things to legitimately worry about, as opposed to if IWY is better than recent material...

but you're going to continue to discuss stupid fandom shit like that anyway... so do you

Smh. Critics don't define what is good or not. They're opinions that don't matter. Funny you go through the forum telling ppl their opinions don't matter yet you're here trying to validate yours with some other people's. This will be our last exchange on this topic...because your lack of intelligence is kinda embarrassing to even engage. 

So by your logic, food critics don’t matter, movie critics don’t matter, book critics don’t matter? 

Also how can we judge a movie, books, music  quality? Based on random “fans’ opinion”? I don’t think so.

I don’t care if you reply or not. I’m right, you’re wrong. Critically acclaim >>> your opinion 

• Downvote 1

of course they're not new, but them wanting to hold rallies and marches and protests out in the public, without hoods covering their faces, to directly strike fear in their surrounding citizens, all the while being broadcasted live on afternoon television is not a normal routine thing... not to mention speeding through a crowd of protesters with one's vehicle isn't typical Saturday afternoon shit.. so that part is relatively surprising to much of the country

and yes we have missle defense systems of course, but that is not a guaranteed tactic. NK has weapons  that could reach the contintetal US, and likely nuclear warheads to attach to those missle weapons. Their last missle test went almost 2,000 miles straight up into outer space and came back into our atmosphere to hit into the oceans, THAT IS MINDBLOWING!! 2k miles into space against gravity and the elements of our atmosphere... think about that. When they decide to angle that missle towards the US (and not at a 90 degree angle straight up), it's going to go a lot further than 2k miles. We're talking easy coast. And even if our defense system blows up a nuclear missle before it hits one of our cities, what does that mean for the people below it, or the climate, or the radiation. 

All im saying is that there are tons more serious things to legitimately worry about, as opposed to if IWY is better than recent material...

but you're going to continue to discuss stupid fandom shit like that anyway... so do you

The KKK wear hoods. Not Nazi and this isn’t new. They’ve held public and private demonstrations before. No. But they’re Nazi’s so not surprising either especially since they’ve murder millions of Jews, Gays, minorities in the past. The KKK setting fires and lynchings throughout the nation less than 100 years ago.. none of this is surprising. What is surprising is our incompetent president 

Pretty sure our defense systems are a guarantee tactic. The missile would blow up over the ocean negatively effecting oceaners 

Yes science is amazing. 

All you’re saying is nothing really. Go to the FreeXone side if you want to talk non-Janet. This forum is literally for Janet. Music and entertainment is escapism for many nations including this one. You can run around screaming the world’s going to end or you can enjoy the time you have. Whatever.. you do you