Let's revel in some HIDDEN magic from a classic JJ + TL x JJ production...

LawdToday

Janet is a beast. 

You know it really dawned upon me...

Janet Jackson doesn't have THAT KINDA VOICE but she really delivers vocally like she does and I fucking love that hjklhgfhjkhg.

People give me crazy looks when I say she is a favorite vocalist of mine, but shit like this is why. The other pop gerls who have similar range DO NOT (shit, probably CANNOT) put this much effort into a vocal like she does. Like seriously. How many stacks does this song have? When has britney ever? Jlo? Madonna? and if their vocals are stacked its from another vocalist like Ester Dean or Ashanti.  Harmonies this rich and executed this excellent deserve all the praises. 

Another example: Any Time, Any Place. After the second verse. She is really ad-libing and singing her ass off. Like you hear that passion and the desperateness in her voice. Singers with her range just don't do that lol. 

• Upvote 6

Background vocals on songs have really become an interest of mine lately. Id love to hear the harmonies/hidden vocals of this song in full.

Same. Honestly I really wanna know how this song came about. In the midst of All For You, the subject matter is really specific and random. The sonic fusion of that traditional Guzheng over that sensual R&B groove is honestly the reason we have Kpop (jk)

But even the lyrics are so beautiful and poetic. The song really places you in a small mountainside village in china as the trees are still wet with dew!

to top it off those RICH harmonies. There has got to be so many takes on this song. Also note how in the chorus, the bottom melody (posted above) goes OVER the top melody on the last "... china love" SDFGHFDGHJGJKL;

Like sooooooo much effort into an obvious Bside. It honestly is a highlight in her discography. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...