Headlines say....

janetDAYZ

I will say he is better that 2pac but that's not saying much:unsure:...he has the musical stylings of Andre 3000 so I can stomach him. He is like the Beyonce of Rap right now meaning that since his peers are so mediocre ...he stands out and thats why people praise him and give him all kinds of accolades/awards.

• Upvote 1

Kendrick Lamar..

"Greatest Rapper Alive" 

"The modern day 2Pac" 

"The Best, possibly Ever"

Do you agree? Thoughts? 

Hmm I agree and not only that but Janet is choosey who she works with and she chose Kendrick and attended his show twice. She sees artistry in him and sees a Legend on the horizon

• Upvote 1

I would say I would agree with what's being said about him. He does put me in the mind of Pac cus of how socially aware and lyrically expressive he is. There really is no other Rapper who is pushing the socially consicous thing aside from J.Cole (who is great in his own right) but just not as great as Kendrick. I think his delivery of content is just overall more powerful than J Cole's attempts and EVERY rapper for that matter...even my fav, Drake!

I will say he is better that 2pac but that's not saying much:unsure:...he has the musical stylings of Andre 3000 so I can stomach him. He is like the Beyonce of Rap right now meaning that since his peers are so mediocre ...he stands out and thats why people praise him and give him all kinds of accolades/awards.

Are we really acting like Pac is not the KING OF RAP?!:unsure:

• Upvote 1

Are we really acting like Pac is not the KING OF RAP?!:unsure:

Yes they are and it's sad 

Like she did with Aaliyah? :coffee: 

Kendrick and Janet never work together.

He paid for ATAP :coffee: 

Aaliyah was definitely on her way to being a Legend and she's already said before her and Aaliyah were going to work together. Aaliyah was the first female teenager to go platinum in the 90s. She's the one who started it and made it popular before Monica, Brandy, and the other girls. Anyway as far as Kendrick i'm sure they're working together.

Yes they are and it's sad 

Aaliyah was definitely on her way to being a Legend and she's already said before her and Aaliyah were going to work together. Aaliyah was the first female teenager to go platinum in the 90s. She's the one who started it and made it popular before Monica, Brandy, and the other girls. Anyway as far as Kendrick i'm sure they're working together.

I’m not here for fantasy “on her way”.. did she make it? Nah... and you can’t predict the outcome if she were alive. 

Im not here for “I’m sure”. You’re not a reliable source and the only thing you’re going by is the fact that she showed up at his concert.

I've listened to all of Kendrick's albums and mix tapes.. he's the truth!  He's a socially conscientious influential young black man who is making his mark on hip hop and America at the exact right time that he's needed to do so.. he's already known as a lyrical genius and I've been a fan of everything he's put out thus far.

Kendrick slays. I get the comparisons to Pac but what I love about him is he has that thing where you easily hear/see his influences, but they don't overshadow his originality, hell he's rare in having originality (it's what makes him, Chance, & J.Cole & Drake slay today). What he has over all of his peers too is making an album/era really last and really using it for all it's worth and so many of these copy machine artists today are only good for making an era last for 2 singles.

I’m not here for fantasy “on her way”.. did she make it? Nah... and you can’t predict the outcome if she were alive. 

Im not here for “I’m sure”. You’re not a reliable source and the only thing you’re going by is the fact that she showed up at his concert.

Who said she did make it as a Legend? On her way is on her way like I said. Who predicted anything? Nobody. Sounds like you're rambling just to ramble.

Then who is THE KING ? 

I would put Jay Z over Pac. 4:44 was great. My personal favs are Andre, Common, Saul Williams and Black Thought...they murder Pac lyrically. To even be considered the best rapper imo, you have to be a wordsmith that can flow, be abstract and assemble metaphors. Pac was basic.