Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

Honestly this is fucked & absolutely racist but the NFL is being recognized for their long standing racism right now anyway with Kaep. Now to be honest I HOPE there is a heavy backlash & call out of that - but something tells me it won't be significant enough to make news or trend on social media. 

The main reason is, Jay-Z has such a cult following & many don't realize the depth of how it affected Janet. The avg person knows it was an ordeal but they don't know the way her career was hit because of it. So ppl will be excited about it being Jay-Z & most have long forgotten about Janet & Justin so they will overlook how Janet is being discriminated against.

• Upvote 2

write str8 up to the NFL right now before they close a deal, there's a petition out there for Enemim to do the 2018 show, completely separate of this issue, but we need to write the FCC, the NFL, scare the white people into submission :filenails: that always works

make a case where having Justin is more a liability and bad optics than a good thing

Call the NFL racist ...use the race card, I say pull that bitch quick....this is racist, black artists matter

Edited by Bailey.

Honestly this is fucked & absolutely racist but the NFL is being recognized for their long standing racism right now anyway with Kaep. Now to be honest I HOPE there is a heavy backlash & call out of that - but something tells me it won't be significant enough to make news or trend on social media. 

The main reason is, Jay-Z has such a cult following & many don't realize the depth of how it affected Janet. The avg person knows it was an ordeal but they don't know the way her career was hit because of it. So ppl will be excited about it being Jay-Z & most have long forgotten about Janet & Justin so they will overlook how Janet is being discriminated against.

gurl stop there, no no noooooo just :sigh: most only know of Janet because of the SB that's the first thing that comes to mind when you ask these kids born within the last 20 years or so. We have to write the NFL and protest this has to made ugly and public called out as racist.....

hey hey ho ho, Justin Timberlake has got to go...hey hey ho ho, Justin Timberlake has got to go!!!! :angry:

gurl stop there, no no noooooo just :sigh: most only know of Janet because of the SB that's the first thing that comes to mind when you ask these kids born within the last 20 years or so. We have to write the NFL and protest this has to made ugly and public called out as racist.....

hey hey ho ho, Justin Timberlake has got to go...hey hey ho ho, Justin Timberlake has got to go!!!! :angry:

I'm a guy. But I disagree, I don't think people have a true understanding of the depth it ran for Janet. Most ppl feel it happened & that's it. I think fans had a front row seat so they know what all happened & think others have that same feeling...but most outside the fan base have moved beyond it. I just highly doubt there will be any significant backlash. 

• Upvote 1

This garbage shouldn't be in this section for 1.

And I'm really hoping the black community drags him on this the way they did for All Lives Matter. He gets too many passes for his mediocrity it'd be such a full circle moment if this were to come back at him. But I'd suspect whether or not this is real it could be for the ratings and the controversy, Despite Gaga's great reviews, there hasn't been a controversial pick, this is way to drum up mo re views and more attention, a good/great show isn't their priority (obviously) but the ratings are, and they haven't been so great these last 2.

It is NOTHING short of sexist to support this disgusting possibility.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

Jay z can catch a brick for this shit too, Im fucking pissed, how he gonna make an album talking about racism and turn around and put "whitey" back on the SB stage that the black female is forbidden from? Hell its even a NFL joke every fucking year when they hold their press conference about who the half time act is, they jokingly say "well its not Janet Jackson" hahaha no respect given :angry: so let Jay Z feel the burn too, I say turn up on his twitter, "Light N-word, Dark-N-word, can't let a sista back on stage but the white man can come....still N-word" <_<

Edited by Bailey.

Jay z can catch a brick for this shit too, Im fucking pissed, how he gonna make an album talking about racism and turn around and put "whitey" back on the SB stage that the black female is forbidden from? Hell its even a NFL joke every fucking year when they hold their press conference about who the half time act is, they jokingly say "well its not Janet Jackson" hahaha no respect given :angry: so let Jay Z feel the burn too, I say turn up on his twitter, "Light N-word, Dark-N-word, can't let a sista back on stage but the white man can come....still N-word" <_<

You beat me to! I don't even really pay attention to Jay or his music, but I'm aware of what his album is supposedly about and it would suprsise me if he went on stage with Justin.

Why do I get the feeling that once Janhova Witnesses get started on this there will not longer be any "talks" :lol:

• Upvote 2

I'm a guy. But I disagree, I don't think people have a true understanding of the depth it ran for Janet. Most ppl feel it happened & that's it. I think fans had a front row seat so they know what all happened & think others have that same feeling...but most outside the fan base have moved beyond it. I just highly doubt there will be any significant backlash. 

That's why I'm kinda numb to it. Part of the problem is that this millennium hasn't been riped with many superstars as in the past. So he was probably inevitable. We have a good reason the complain, but it won't mean much as the narrative is pretty much set in stone.

• Upvote 1

I disagree a vocal amount of Janet fans can speak up and call it racist bullshit and let the proper people know (NFL, etc) they dont want that :filenails:

So you're saying that Janet should join forces with Colin Kaepernick and remake Michael's song for 'They Don't Care About Us'...that's brilliant ^_^

'Jew me, Sue me

Everybody do me

Kike me, Kick me

Don't you Kaepernick me.'

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So you're saying that Janet should join forces with Colin Kaepernick and remake Michael's song for 'They Don't Care About Us'...that's brilliant ^_^

'Jew me, Sue me

Everybody do me

Kike me, Kick me

Don't you Kaepernick me.'

what Im saying is far too much for you and most here to handle, let me not -_- 

this wont play out well for Janet fans, white folks aint mad at Justin, #justsayin  :coffee:  I do think he will hear plenty of shit though from the urban community about this double ass standard

I'm 'white' and I am still mad at Justin for letting Janet take the fall for what happened.