Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

President Of Pop catching more flack than the President of the United States :coffee:... SAD #priorities 

People rather focus their energy on stupid shit like this than people who literally lost their lives to racism & bigotry. SAD

I wish people would focus on actual shit (like this entire Presidency) but I guess we’re just gonna bitch about the NFL instead ??‍♂️

Meanwhile Trump is literally picking a fight with someone else with a huge ego, siding with white supremacist, and is being investigated for treason (in a nutshell) 

But let’s hold a social media grudge on something that happened 13 years ago bc Janet had a some bright idea.

This Fire burned out a LONG time ago.. Move on. 

hole up hole up hole up!!

wasnt it you just a few days back who was tellin me that if I wanted to discuss trump and the impending nuclear war with North Korea to go discuss that in the misc forum..?!?

But now since it’s about JT then we should just all accept it and not cause any commotion over this..?

• Upvote 4

hole up hole up hole up!!

wasnt it you just a few days back who was tellin me that if I wanted to discuss trump and the impending nuclear war with North Korea to go discuss that in the misc forum..?!?

But now since it’s about JT then we should just all accept it and not cause any commotion over this..?

Did I say you were wrong? Maybe... but we both know you were trying to change the conversation.. sames

There’s bigger fish to fry than a 13 year old controversy and the first thing people bring up is race. 

I can see why fans are upset but this is an endless cycle. Janet & Justin are fairing well in their careers and lives. People need to move on from this... Janet did. 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Downvote 1

I love that even non-Janet fans are in on this & pointing out the bull & dragging him too. 

But if people got together and organized, they can make an even bigger impact and change.

My issue with the social media generation is people are too concerned with "dragging" on their phones and computers.

Yes, this issue is serious, but The Game is right. We have MULTIPLE issues and it requires action, not just hash tags.

Also, we've got to help wake up folks that have become too complacent with how things are going.

• Upvote 2

But if people got together and organized, they can make an even bigger impact and change.

My issue with the social media generation is people are too concerned with "dragging" on their phones and computers.

Yes, this issue is serious, but The Game is right. We have MULTIPLE issues and it requires action, not just hash tags.

Also, we've got to help wake up folks that have become too complacent with how things are going.

Ofcourse but its only the beginning, and draggings are important for the beginning. Random people who dont know why Justin is being dragged will look into it and if theyre team equality will also side with Janfam thus making it louder, let it carry over into media and make impact the way everything racist & sexist is. We've only just begun.

• Upvote 1

(Wendy voice) In my mind ... :rolleyes:  this has to be stopped before its finalized, the main parties involved, NBC the broadcaster, Pepsi, the sponsor, NFL, the vendor all need to be bombarded with emails and Tweets demanding they pull the plug on this. Timing couldnt be worse, the racist talk going on with the NFL, they should back far away from this, the optics alone just look bad

• Upvote 1

I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing that old ET clip of Justin damn near literally throwing her ass under the bus (“I don’t want to be part of a stunt, that’s not my style”) being shown all over the internet in response to him accepting this offer. I want to say that he should know better, but alas I cannot.

and this will be the third fucking time his ass would be on the Halftime stage.. there are so many other choices of folks who’ve never gotten near the SB stage (i.e. Rihanna, Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Drake, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, etc).. I realize most of those artists would prolly turn down the offer for the same reasons Jay-Z did, and Taylor Swift is under contract with Coke so she won’t be doin anything Pepsi sponsored, so I get all that.. and of course that just leaves the door wide open for Justin Timberfake to step right into another black person’s shoes and accept something that should rightfully be there’s and pass it off as his own

• Upvote 1

I definitely don't agree with how Justin handled everything back then, but come on.  He's one pop star trying to navigate a world full of structural racism that he simply doesn't understand (let's be honest... that no one fully understands).  And yeah, he DEFINITELY threw Janet under the bus, and that was DEFINITELY wrong.  He was 23, and young people make mistakes.  

Before we write him off, I'd be interested to see what, if anything he has learned from the experience, and how he handles it if he's indeed selected to perform.  A thoughtful apology and recognition of Janet could go a long way, especially if Justin plays a part in orchestrating that.  

At the end of the day, we are here for Janet.  That's why we care, and that's why, like her we have to move past it.  

The true Poetic Justice of this whole situation is happening now.  Every fan that shows up at Janet's concerts, every piece of merch sold, and certainly every full arena is evidence that the vile racism and sexism displayed by the industrial media complex DID NOT and WILL NOT WIN.  

• Upvote 1

I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing that old ET clip of Justin damn near literally throwing her ass under the bus (“I don’t want to be part of a stunt, that’s not my style”) being shown all over the internet in response to him accepting this offer. I want to say that he should know better, but alas I cannot.

and this will be the third fucking time his ass would be on the Halftime stage.. there are so many other choices of folks who’ve never gotten near the SB stage (i.e. Rihanna, Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Drake, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, etc).. I realize most of those artists would prolly turn down the offer for the same reasons Jay-Z did, and Taylor Swift is under contract with Coke so she won’t be doin anything Pepsi sponsored, so I get all that.. and of course that just leaves the door wide open for Justin Timberfake to step right into another black person’s shoes and accept something that should rightfully be there’s and pass it off as his own

I havent read why Jay Z turned it down :unsure:

I havent read why Jay Z turned it down :unsure:

I don’t think he’s released a statement about it yet, but some articles stating sources close to Jay said that due to the racial divisions the NFL is seeing as of late, that Jay turned down the offer to perform in fear that it would make him look bad to his fellow community of fans and artists (it would).. but like I said, leave it to Justin Timberfuck to see the situation at hand, and what his friend Jay did, and say to himself “fuck it I’ll do it”...ugh

• Upvote 2

JT is in no better a position because of Janet and 2004. Only difference is he's white, but there is no way in hell JT isnt going to get burned for trying this. Im just trying to get people to ramp up contact sponsors, NFL, whoever to stop this shit

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I definitely don't agree with how Justin handled everything back then, but come on.  He's one pop star trying to navigate a world full of structural racism that he simply doesn't understand (let's be honest... that no one fully understands).  And yeah, he DEFINITELY threw Janet under the bus, and that was DEFINITELY wrong.  He was 23, and young people make mistakes.  

Before we write him off, I'd be interested to see what, if anything he has learned from the experience, and how he handles it if he's indeed selected to perform.  A thoughtful apology and recognition of Janet could go a long way, especially if Justin plays a part in orchestrating that.  

At the end of the day, we are here for Janet.  That's why we care, and that's why, like her we have to move past it.  

The true Poetic Justice of this whole situation is happening now.  Every fan that shows up at Janet's concerts, every piece of merch sold, and certainly every full arena is evidence that the vile racism and sexism displayed by the industrial media complex DID NOT and WILL NOT WIN.  

okay but what if moving pass "it" doesnt mean we have to forget? I mean as a nation we're trying to move pass our shared history of racist bullshit, yet we still fighting over Confederate statues and flags....people still stand up and call bullshit out when its required. I am not for sitting here and accepting oh well JT will do the SB show after how bad they did Janet, young or not he made a choice, and often we all makes choices young and old that have consequences, something I might add JT never had to deal with

hashtags work sometimes. The women's march that drew millions all over this country to protest trump was started with a hashtag. The Oscars so white hashtag forced them to add over 30 black actors & actresses to the board so if done correctly a hashtag can take your cause far. 

• Upvote 2

Never forget whose idea it was to rip off a piece of clothing in front of millions

Never forget who released mediocre music afterwards but still went platinum bc of it

Never forget who revolutionized the entertainment business with one breast for 1.3 seconds 

Never forget who inspired the creation of a billion dollar industry (YouTube) which has taken over the world. 

I get the “anger” but there’s more things to be angry about than a halftime show at a sporting event ??‍♂️ At least he won’t disappoint :coffee: 

hashtags work sometimes. The women's march that drew millions all over this country to protest trump was started with a hashtag. The Oscars so white hashtag forced them to add over 30 black actors & actresses to the board so if done correctly a hashtag can take your cause far. 

This isn’t a movement. It’s a social media blink before all these people move on to the next topic

The Oscars are huge... this is not.. a protest against the nation’s president is huge... this JT thing is shit in comparison

Keep in mind, JT was never blacklisted... only Janet.. it’s not like they uplifted his ban 

Edited by State of the Game

I really couldn't care less about the Super Bowl but there were two people on that stage and if they are 'forgiving' one of them and allowing them to return then the other should also be forgiven (publicly). Heck if I had my way Janet would be issued with a public apology.

• Upvote 1

I mean if you have a full understanding in which you can explain the intricacies involved in structural racism, please enlighten me.  I'm all ears.  

I understand it from my perspective, for sure, as I've had to live it.  But most people don't.  

This isn't that complex