Controversial Corner: Heroin/Drug Overdoses

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

This wasn’t a thread about personal struggles with soft drugs and/or alcohol. It’s to discuss the impact of hard drugs in your local community. 

If you can’t handle that then ??‍♂️??

I will not change my tampon and I will certainly not have a great Friday ?

idc what the thread was "about".. I already said what I wanted to say in my post... there's nothing u can do about it, it ain't goin nowhere..

unread it if u can and erase it from ya head.. idgaf

I have a friend who is an addict, I think Methradrone is his drug of choice. Engages in risky behaviour and then complains about being paranoid and depressed. I try to give advice but normally turns into me being judgmental. But when he says things like "discipline isn't fun" it's hard to feel sorry for him.

• Upvote 2

I have a friend who is an addict, I think Methradrone is his drug of choice. Engages in risky behaviour and then complains about being paranoid and depressed. I try to give advice but normally turns into me being judgmental. But when he says things like "discipline isn't fun" it's hard to feel sorry for him.

that album def wasn't her best for sure tho, so ur friend has a point... let him do his thang

• Downvote 1

that’s sad. 

I had a quasi-friend that I was cool with, we would see one another out at bars and what not, he was cool, he invited me to gay dinner parties and what not. He moved to Chicago, and soon after being there he was doing coke, not that he wasn't before, we all kinda knew he would be coked outta his mind. But one night in Chicago he OD, I went to his funeral, just to pay my respects, I had no idea what I walked into, his sister was there, he was Catholic so they had an open casket, it was alllll too real. I tried to walk out after a second there, and this older nice guy stopped me and said "were you a friend of Jeremy's? I said yes"  he said "his sister would really appreciate it if you talked to her" so I did, and she hugged me sooooo tight and was balling her eyes out, wasn't dressed for a funeral either she looked like she could barely hold it together, they had a collage of pics of him from child to adult and she pointed at one pic of him and said "I always thought he looked so handsome there"  he was ..he died just a few days short of turning 30 I believe

I had a quasi-friend that I was cool with, we would see one another out at bars and what not, he was cool, he invited me to gay dinner parties and what not. He moved to Chicago, and soon after being there he was doing coke, not that he wasn't before, we all kinda knew he would be coked outta his mind. But one night in Chicago he OD, I went to his funeral, just to pay my respects, I had no idea what I walked into, his sister was there, he was Catholic so they had an open casket, it was alllll too real. I tried to walk out after a second there, and this older nice guy stopped me and said "were you a friend of Jeremy's? I said yes"  he said "his sister would really appreciate it if you talked to her" so I did, and she hugged me sooooo tight and was balling her eyes out, wasn't dressed for a funeral either she looked like she could barely hold it together, they had a collage of pics of him from child to adult and she pointed at one pic of him and said "I always thought he looked so handsome there"  he was ..he died just a few days short of turning 30 I believe

And there was me only yesterday thinking (maybe ignorantly) that you cant OD on coke. I have taken it a few times in my life. But I can t imagine taking so much in one night to OD. It was probably his collective use over...or a highly cut batch.

Edited by vibeology

that’s sad. 

he says he takes it when he feels lonely, which I guess maybe quite often. with the drugs come the people also. He managed to contract HIV in this way. I think "look what happened to you and you still continue in this way?" I do sometime think I'm being too harsh on him. Again, upbringing and environment, not necessarily his fault. He engages with services and appears to try to keep himself occupied like volunteering and stuff.

he says he takes it when he feels lonely, which I guess maybe quite often. with the drugs come the people also. He managed to contract HIV in this way. I think "look what happened to you and you still continue in this way?" I do sometime think I'm being too harsh on him. Again, upbringing and environment, not necessarily his fault. He engages with services and appears to try to keep himself occupied like volunteering and stuff.

He doesn’t need a dad. I have a friend that enjoys hard drugs (cocaine I think) and I try so hard not to be his father bc I’m not

i straight up told him that I just don’t want to read the news and find out you’ve passed. 

And there was me only yesterday thinking (maybe ignorantly) that you cant OD on coke. I have taken it a few times in my life. But I can t imagine taking so much in one night to OD. It was probably his collective use over...or a highly cut batch.

Ive done it, Im not big on hard anything in my life, Im a lot more conservative than I come off, and for me the gay scene and drugs were never my thing

He doesn’t need a dad. I have a friend that enjoys hard drugs (cocaine I think) and I try so hard not to be his father bc I’m not

i straight up told him that I just don’t want to read the news and find out you’ve passed. 

its a shitty feeling to say the least because when I think about them its like man, you had so much going for you and now so much has passed that he didnt get to see