New Janet/Jimmy/Terry Documentary..?!

Dal

Radio Documentary = podcast (basically)

....and all Gil said was that it didnt sound like Janet to him, but that don't mean it's fake... it sounds like Janet to me in both clips, especially Escapade, so maybe Gil is wrong..

• Upvote 2

Radio Documentary = podcast (basically)

....and all Gil said was that it didnt sound like Janet to him, but that don't mean it's fake... 

Yes it does... Gil > You

This radio podcast is unofficial and not endorsed or approved by the three legends. 

Edited by State of the Game

Yes it does... Gil > You

This radio podcast is unofficial and not endorsed or approved by the three legends. 

And if you don’t know Janet’s vocals by now :blink: 

so you're saying Gil has always been correct then...?

and I do believe those videos both contain her actual voice recordings... do you?

and just because this appears to be unofficial doesn't make it any less of a documentary

• Upvote 1

so you're saying Gil has always been correct then...?

and I do believe those videos both contain her actual voice recordings... do you?

and just because this appears to be unofficial doesn't make it any less of a documentary

I’m saying I’m taking Gil’s word over yours when it comes to Janet

It doesn’t matter. They’re not official. 

Sure! Keep telling yourself that and I’ll keep ignoring this podcast 

I’m saying I’m taking Gil’s word over yours when it comes to Janet

It doesn’t matter. They’re not official. 

Sure! Keep telling yourself that and I’ll keep ignoring this podcast 

I feel it I mean obviously 

Are you serious? Why would the first one be fake, but not the others?

Some strange mentality in this thread.

Multiple things COULD be the case. One is, idk the validity of the creator of the project. So a person's desire & need to be important & have exclusive information can drive them to create some fake stuff to fill in holes. They can get other real audio to blend it & say it's all real. 

Its like a photoshopped picture, but audio, some of the work comes from a real source while the other is fluff - manipulated or made up. Maybe it's true maybe it isn't. That's not strange mentality it's critical thinking. 

Multiple things COULD be the case. One is, idk the validity of the creator of the project. So a person's desire & need to be important & have exclusive information can drive them to create some fake stuff to fill in holes. They can get other real audio to blend it & say it's all real. 

Its like a photoshopped picture, but audio, some of the work comes from a real source while the other is fluff - manipulated or made up. Maybe it's true maybe it isn't. That's not strange mentality it's critical thinking. 

Well, as the producer of this project, I can confirm everything is 100% real. No impersonated or re-recorded content in the any of trailers or in the documentary itself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For that to be the case, Jam & Lewis would had to have hired an impersonator to record these bits in between Janet singing on the multitrack, only to ultimately cut them out.

I'll just say that the fact that you created an account on a fan forum in an effort to dispel the doubt instead of just producing the work - is a bit odd & telling. Your very first post here was to deter ppl who  don't believe it. 

If this is directly from Jimmy & Terry's archive & this is genuinely official...the work would later speak for itself & I'd bet if it's real Jimmy & everyone else would get wind of it & it would grow. Most producers of content don't bother with the opinions of consumers before the product has even been released. 

I'll just say that the fact that you created an account on a fan forum in an effort to dispel the doubt instead of just producing the work - is a bit odd & telling. Your very first post here was to deter ppl who  don't believe it.

Ideally, the more people whom are dispelled of doubt, the more will listen. Which is the greater objective. Given that this is a radio documentary that will be streamed, why wouldn't I communicate with fans? They'll be the target audience. It might be an unconventional strategy, but with several thousand views of the trailers between Facebook and YouTube, it's proving to be an effective one.

It's amazing to me that people would think some parts are fake, yet others aren't. Or that people would think any of it is fake, quite frankly.

Either way, the work will speak for itself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ideally, the more people whom are dispelled of doubt, the more will listen. Which is the greater objective. Given that this is a radio documentary that will be streamed, why wouldn't I communicate with fans? They'll be the target audience. It might be an unconventional strategy, but with several thousand views of the trailers between Facebook and YouTube, it's proving to be an effective one.

It's amazing to me that people would think some parts are fake, yet others aren't. Or that people would think any of it is fake, quite frankly.

Either way, the work will speak for itself.

Fans will listen. Die hard fans at least. The reason it seems skeptical is because it's audio never heard before where some parts sound more like Janet than others. 

The teasers & content came from out of nowhere. Am I saying that invalidates it, absolutely not, but it does make people question. Idk if this will be presented as a live radio doc or a podcast but the more valid it is over time the more it will grow amongst fans. Also it's coming at a time where Janet is rumored to be working on something...so it's just one of those things where - you have a thousand critics addressing them one by one does not lessen them it empowers them. The work will have to dispel them. Trust me, you drop this & fans carry it to Jimmy or Gil it will be seen by those it's about.