New Janet/Jimmy/Terry Documentary..?!

Dal

Ideally, the more people whom are dispelled of doubt, the more will listen. Which is the greater objective. Given that this is a radio documentary that will be streamed, why wouldn't I communicate with fans? They'll be the target audience. It might be an unconventional strategy, but with several thousand views of the trailers between Facebook and YouTube, it's proving to be an effective one.

It's amazing to me that people would think some parts are fake, yet others aren't. Or that people would think any of it is fake, quite frankly.

Either way, the work will speak for itself.

How did you find this place?

• Upvote 2

Janet told Terry to write the lyrics for DJ and Jimmy said what and Janet said "I don't have anything to talk about" and Jimmy told her "then we shouldn't be making an album"

Jimmy was right! And it showed. Janet was uninspired and probably bored. She needed to take a break  from recording and live life. Janet not being involved always shows up on her albums.

• Upvote 3

I wish they had released that funky version of Escapade.

Janet's valley girl impression had me tickled.

I wish Janet embraced her voice more. It's so beautiful. She didn't need Whitney's voice because her was already beautiful. 

Come back to me has to be one of the most beauitful ballads ever.

I really want to hear the extra 40 min. This was one of the best docu I've heard on Janet. I love that it focused mainly on the music. The amount of work that goes into putting songs together is really complexed.

• Upvote 2

he's trying to convey how awesome it is.....come on catch up Joe :rolleyes:

No he's not. It's clear I've been listening if I said what I said :rolleyes: I didn't see him come at Game like that when Game flat out told him it was fake and he takes Gil's word over his and even told him he can't tell Janet's voice smh

So I'm listening to it & I see what was done was a compilation of a lot of interviews with a mix of some stripped & never before heard studio sessions. That's very dope. 

NOOOOOOOOW!!!

This brings up a point for me - I want to talk Janet's vocals. I almost want to start a separate thread about it, I ALWAYS have felt Janet was insecure about her voice & didn't think a lot of it. This project opens the door for that discussion & discussing its depth & how that's played a role in her pushing herself & performing live. Is anyone down to discuss this? I've always wanted to talk about her vocals but fans rarely engage...

• Upvote 1

No he's not. It's clear I've been listening if I said what I said :rolleyes: I didn't see him come at Game like that when Game flat out told him it was fake and he takes Gil's word over his and even told him he can't tell Janet's voice smh

uhh ? are u really comparing the way I react to people's comments in here..?! Who even keeps track of that shit..

Dude in this very thread I straight up told Game fk u for doubting some old shit I said a while back that just today got proven true (I said jp but I mean..).. should I say the same to u..?! ? 

and u said u are still doubting the undoubtedly authentic Janet quote about not having whitneys voice.. I was surprised cuz imo there should be no question ..anyway who cares

uhh ? are u really comparing the way I react to people's comments in here..?! Who even keeps track of that shit..

Dude in this very thread I straight up told Game fk u for doubting some old shit I said a while back that just today got proven true (I said jp but I mean..).. should I say the same to u..?! ? 

and u said u are still doubting the undoubtedly authentic Janet quote about not having whitneys voice.. I was surprised cuz imo there should be no question ..anyway who cares

as for Janet's voice I think its important to note that Janet was recorded saying this decades ago, I have always been of the belief when people criticized Janet's vocal ability, that Janet would be the first person to admit, she's not this great vocalist, and that's fine.

So I'm listening to it & I see what was done was a compilation of a lot of interviews with a mix of some stripped & never before heard studio sessions. That's very dope. 

NOOOOOOOOW!!!

This brings up a point for me - I want to talk Janet's vocals. I almost want to start a separate thread about it, I ALWAYS have felt Janet was insecure about her voice & didn't think a lot of it. This project opens the door for that discussion & discussing its depth & how that's played a role in her pushing herself & performing live. Is anyone down to discuss this? I've always wanted to talk about her vocals but fans rarely engage...

I have a reply above relating to this, I dont want to dissect Janet's vocal's because she's so much more than a vocalist. People often gave Whitney so much credit for being this great powerhouse voice, not so much an entertainer, nor a writer of her own original stuff. Janet has written, created, conceptualized, and entertained millions over multiple continents for years, Whitney wasn't a power house touring act entertainer, and sadly touring is where the money is. So you get one of the other, I dont even think Beyonce is that great a singer, she's good at best, but does she put on one hell of a performance? YASSS!, Janet does the same just like she did the other night at 51 bopping and popping to Cardi B. -_-

Edited by Bailey.

I said i'm having a hard time believing Janet said that meaning I can't believe her self esteem was that low. Now do you fuckin' get it? Let's not act like i'm literally keeping track of your interactions with Game on a daily when the shit is in this very thread :wacko:  Some of y'all act like some bitches up in here. Quote me where I said I don't believe that's Janet. I'll be waiting.