New Janet/Jimmy/Terry Documentary..?!

Dal

My point is she gets writing credit whether she did pen it or not. 

False. Especially that example you stated. Janet’s name isn’t in the writing credits. She’s also not listed under writer for “He Doesn’t Know...”

Source: Rhythm Nation credits (Janet’s name is not listed under writer on wiki) 

https://www.discogs.com/Janet-Jackson-Janet-Jacksons-Rhythm-Nation-1814/release/5335364

Edited by State of the Game

False. Especially that example you stated. Janet’s name isn’t in the writing credits. She’s also not listed under writer for “He Doesn’t Know...”

Source: Rhythm Nation credits (Janet’s name is not listed under writer on wiki) 

https://www.discogs.com/Janet-Jackson-Janet-Jacksons-Rhythm-Nation-1814/release/5335364

What about in the books?

yea you have!

You THOUGHT you knew shit about Janet.. but you didn't.. you were wrong for yeeears!! Do you even Janet bro..?! Hahahaha what a loser

Nice job Donald Trumping my post

You’re being obnoxious and immature. I expect that from The Forum idiot but not you

• Downvote 1

What about in the books?

I don’t have the books in front of me but I’m 100% they match the internet

This site has scans of the booklet. Janet does NOT put her name on everything like Beyoncé 

http://www.encartespop.com.br/2011/04/encarte-janet-jackson-rhythm-nation.html?m=1

Nice job Donald Trumping my post

You’re being obnoxious and immature. I expect that from The Forum idiot but not you

sorry can't take you serious in anything anymore after you've been proven wrong time and time again just this month alone ? ✌? 

• Upvote 1

AYF was vocally weak. Lyrically strong, the music not so bad just vocally a snooze. Maybe it was too slow but I think it wasn't so much as the music as it was the drawn out & pitchy vocals. 

AYF is actually one of the best vocals on the album. It highlights the richness of the lower register, which is the foundation of the vocal range. She also utilizes a nice light mix throughout the melody. 

Not saying she hasn't written I'm saying she has writing credits that she didn't pen shit on. Including her debut album. Terry is really the one of the team who is the writer with the most ease. When she got to Jimmy & Terry she wasn't really a writer much at all. 

That time she took with them to explore Minneapolis & to get to know them - as she talked they wrote & she didn't even realize it. He Doesn't Know I'm Alive was the first song recorded for the album which is why it sounds so different but it was already written & they wanted to see what she could do vocally & sonically. It was written by the woman she did "Making Love in the Rain" with. 

Rhythm Nation - Living In A World They Didn't Make has Janet's writing credit but it was Terry who penned the song. Janet had the concept & was talking to Jimmy about it. Terry walked in & they said Terry we're trying to do a song about children taking on the world they didn't create that adults messed up....Terry immediately said the title. Janet & Jimmy were like YES! Terry went away for a second came back with the song. 

Janet is involved in the process but her sitting down pen to paper & coming in with fully formatted songs is not always or even usually how it seems to go. That's no disrespect but it's been being revealed. Another point about that would be why when she leaves her foundation does her music sound different if she's the master behind the pen. A person who writes isn't withheld by a group. She also has never written for other artists & that's where the money is. Most writers will do that. 

What evidence do you have to substantiate all of this?

AYF is actually one of the best vocals on the album. It highlights the richness of the lower register, which is the foundation of the vocal range. She also utilizes a nice light mix throughout the melody. 

What evidence do you have to substantiate all of this?

Your opinion on AYF is yours to have. The song is weak vocally. Call it rich or whatever it's breathy and weak. 

I quoted the source. This was ALL stated on Jimmy Jam's interview on Questlove's podcast with Pandora. They discussed his entire career and specifically the process with Janet. 

Your opinion on AYF is yours to have. The song is weak vocally. Call it rich or whatever it's breathy and weak. 

I quoted the source. This was ALL stated on Jimmy Jam's interview on Questlove's podcast with Pandora. They discussed his entire career and specifically the process with Janet. 

except she doesn’t have writing credits on the track you named

My post specifically said I'm not saying Janet didn't or doesn't write. My point is she gets writing credit whether she did pen it or not. 

Because "writing" is more than just writing the lyrics. Janet writes songs and they still get writing credits too. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Because "writing" is more than just writing the lyrics. Janet writes songs and they still get writing credits too. 

Jimmy & Terry are a group so whether Jimmy does nothing except produce and Terry does the writing, they both get credit

Janet doesn’t just place her name on songs though. There’s no evidence of that

Technical singing isn't a matter of opinion. :lmao: It's an objectively measurable form of art. Her voice is breathy because she's singing in a light mix. You may not like the delivery, but technically it's one of the best songs on the album.

I'll have to listen. You have a link? 

Jimmy & Terry are a group so whether Jimmy does nothing except produce and Terry does the writing, they both get credit

Janet doesn’t just place her name on songs though. There’s no evidence of that

Right. If that were the case, Janet would have a writing credit on every song on RN1814. But alas! 

• Upvote 1