Janet To Donate ALL Houston Proceeds To Harvey Victims

Dal

And I'm sure that organization will appreciate all $749 from those 14 people that show up.

Houston just experienced a natural disaster. They aren't thinking about that concert. She should reschedule, perhaps to when half the city isn't underwater. 

On one side, I see your point. The city is in a really bad shape. 

However, more delays/cancellations/rescheduling might create problems.

It's up to Live Nation at this point. There should've been a decision made a week ago when Harvey hit.

The Toyota center RT'd a tweet from Fall Out Boy stating they would donate proceeds from their 11/7 show, but when I looked I didn't see any statements or tweets about janet's show, so don't lean too much on this post at this point til it's confirmed..

• Upvote 1

And I'm sure that organization will appreciate all $749 from those 14 people that show up.

Houston just experienced a natural disaster. They aren't thinking about that concert. She should reschedule, perhaps to when half the city isn't underwater. 

Bitch! :lol: anyway I just looked at the map for the venue and section 107 is still available. Janet needs to reschedule because those tickets don't even look half sold out

stop :lmao:  The show may not even be there since it's a shelter. It took awhile for the super dome in New Orleans to get back on track after Katrina and who knows what kind of financial conditions these people will be in after this. It should be cancelled and she should do a free pop up show instead. 

I have tickets to the show I'll let y'all know once I get official word of anything. 

The shelter population changes quickly, especially now that FEMA has stepped in to move people to area hotel rooms. I'm finally back in my place (thank the LAWD) and had minimal damage... just couldn't get here for days due to so many blocked roads. 

I have tix for both Lafayette and Houston, and all reports from Lafayette are good. So like everything in my life at this moment, I'm taking it one day / show at a time. It'll be out of Janet's Control if the show is cancelled... that's entirely up to the Mayor and Toyota Center. 

• Upvote 4

Most of the city of Houston has dried up and debris is now being cleaned up.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-begins-assess-hurricane-harveys-trail-devastation/story?id=49536088

According to the Houston Toyota Center website, Nicky Jam & Plan B are performing there on Friday September 8th. Janet will be performing there on Saturday September 9th.

http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/

There has been no word on any cancellations or postponements. The arena was used as an additional shelter for evacuees at crowded locations, but there are many local arenas and venues being used as well.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/08/29/mayor-turner-announces-houston-curfew-toyota.html

Other shows around the city of Houston are going on as scheduled.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/music/article/Music-venues-reopenings-postponements-and-12160985.php

• Upvote 1