New MICHAEL JACKSON Album Coming 9/29...?!

Dal

theres been some recently leaked tidbits surfacing online the past couple days..

In Germany and Australia, there have been posters spotted throughout a few cities (similar to how promo for a scale began):

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21317590_2030669316959145_8587610017061588332_n.jpg?oh=15ee03d3dc489a4ee3d60f1a0e574d44&oe=5A1B7700

...and in New Zealand it seems as thought one of their biggest movie theater chains is already advertising a MJ album "veneration" event also scheduled for 9/29:

https://v4.eventcinemas.co.nz/Movie/Official-Michael-Jackson-Scream-Album-Celebration

....some fans are predicting this may be linked to the previously announced animated MJ Halloween special to be aired on CBS sometime next month, could that special possible be titled Scream...?

I'm def interested in this project, but I reeeeaaallly hope his estate isn't releasing another single called "Scream." :huh:

I think it's shaping up to be some type of "scary" themed track compilations, some people even saying it might be a Halloween megamix of sorts since MJ liked to explore the darker side of music throughout his career...we should know really soon!

I'm pretty sure there's not a different track named "Scream"..they may include Scream on this release, though it will most likely be a remix of some type (MJ solo version?) or intertwined throughout an overall larger themed megamix... but the reason this album/compilation is titled "Scream" is obviously to go with the scary/Halloween theme they're clearly wanting to achieve here..

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7957037/michael-jackson-scream-collection-sept-29

As teased on Monday (Sept. 4) on Twitter, Michael Jackson’s SCREAM—a 13-track collection featuring the classics “Thriller” and “Dirty Diana”—will be released on Sept. 29. The project, a collaboration between Epic/Legacy Recordings and The Estate of Michael Jackson, also boasts a newly created bonus track, “Blood on the Dance Floor X Dangerous.”

Remixed by The White Panda, the bonus track is a mash-up of five songs: “Blood on the Dance Floor,” “Dangerous,” “This Place Hotel,” “Leave Me Alone” and “Is It Scary.” The mash-up premiered exclusively today (Sept. 6) on Shazam, with fans given a two-hour window (7 a.m.-9 a.m. ET) to Shazam any Michael Jackson song and unlock the new track. “Blood on the Dance Floor X Dangerous” will also be offered as an instant free track with pre-orders of SCREAM digitally and will be available on all streaming platforms.

:mellow: I wish they'd release an HQ version of the long form "Ghosts" film.

Edited by DarkStormSC
  • Upvote 1

I like some of Michaels music but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan. You guys seem like you are fans so I am just wondering what you feel when new MJ stuff is released, are you excited or do you feel like The Estate is milking Michaels legacy for all the money that it can get?

I like some of Michaels music but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan. You guys seem like you are fans so I am just wondering what you feel when new MJ stuff is released, are you excited or do you feel like The Estate is milking Michaels legacy for all the money that it can get?

I'm not going to say I love everything that's come out, but it doesn't bother me. It was obvious to me when he died, he had planned for his music to continue to come out just as a safety net for his kids. Whether it's all good or has been released well is another story. 

• Upvote 1

I feel the estate is milking it, but thats their job, and to continue his legacy the money earned goes to not just his kids but his mother too

• Upvote 1

The entire purpose of there even being an Estate established is to literally make money off of Michael Jackson's name and art....that's all. He knew this when he drafted his will... he knew this when he said he wanted to his work to continue long after he was gone... he knew that was the only way he and his work would be truly Immortal..

with that said, I believe the estate has done a decent job at this, they've released a ton of good to amazing projects in his name... but they've also stumbled more than once along the way.. 

with this project in particular, I'm not really too excited for it seeing as it's made up of already released tracks in their original form (Scream included), but I gotta say I've been wondering for years when there was going to be a MJ/Halloween themed project considering Thriller always makes it into the top of the charts every October.. Halloween was MJs holiday in a sense.. btw, the Scream project is already available for pre-order, track listing and everything: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scream/id1278579748

I'm actually more excited for Thriller 3D, considering it's never been released in High definition before (none of his vids have unfortunately) and I own a 3D TV so I can't wait to scoop up that 3D bluray when it finally comes out!

• Upvote 1

to be honest, they may as well cash in on Thriller during Halloween since everybody spins the video and song and the estate aint making coin off that, so now they have something in the works to do so.

exactly.. although I'm a little perplexed at some of the songs they chose for this new Scream project, with Scream being one of the songs included that I'm like wtf (but I'm sure it's cuz they wanted the title Scream for this project overall).. but they have Dirty Diana and Leave Me Alone and Xscape on there and I'm not sure why.. I think Smooth Criminal is a "scarier" song than any of those 3.. they also put Unbreakable on there too which is odd considering the lyrical content, but to me it does have a dark/eerie/scary beat to it, so that's prolly why it's included..

• Upvote 1

exactly.. although I'm a little perplexed at some of the songs they chose for this new Scream project, with Scream being one of the songs included that I'm like wtf (but I'm sure it's cuz they wanted the title Scream for this project overall).. but they have Dirty Diana and Leave Me Alone and Xscape on there and I'm not sure why.. I think Smooth Criminal is a "scarier" song than any of those 3.. they also put Unbreakable on there too which is odd considering the lyrical content, but to me it does have a dark/eerie/scary beat to it, so that's prolly why it's included..

I think you're going to have to wait and see the execution of the project before you can really make a call

It sounds like it's supposed to be a compilation of his occult and paranoia themed songs to be a "Halloween album". Not sure if this tracklist is final thoguh

1."This Place Hotel (a.k.a. Heartbreak Hotel)"Michael JacksonTriumph5:43
2."Thriller"Rod TempertonThriller5:58
3."Blood on the Dance Floor"Michael Jackson, Teddy RileyBlood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix4:13
4."Somebody's Watching Me"Kennedy GordySomebody's Watching Me3:57
5."Dirty Diana"Michael JacksonBad4:40
6."Torture"Jackie Jackson, Kathleen WakefieldVictory4:53
7."Leave Me Alone"Michael JacksonBad4:39
8."Scream"Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry LewisHIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I4:37
9."Dangerous"Michael Jackson, Bill Bottrell, Teddy RileyDangerous6:58
10."Unbreakable"Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels, Nora Payne, Robert Smith, Christopher WallaceInvincible6:25
11."Xscape"Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn DanielsXscape4:05
12."Threatened"Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn DanielsInvincible4:19
13."Ghosts"Michael Jackson, Teddy RileyBlood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix5:13
14."Blood on the Dance Floor x Dangerous (The White Panda Mash-Up)" 

The entire purpose of there even being an Estate established is to literally make money off of Michael Jackson's name and art....that's all. He knew this when he drafted his will... he knew this when he said he wanted to his work to continue long after he was gone... he knew that was the only way he and his work would be truly Immortal..

with that said, I believe the estate has done a decent job at this, they've released a ton of good to amazing projects in his name... but they've also stumbled more than once along the way.. 

with this project in particular, I'm not really too excited for it seeing as it's made up of already released tracks in their original form (Scream included), but I gotta say I've been wondering for years when there was going to be a MJ/Halloween themed project considering Thriller always makes it into the top of the charts every October.. Halloween was MJs holiday in a sense.. btw, the Scream project is already available for pre-order, track listing and everything: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scream/id1278579748

I'm actually more excited for Thriller 3D, considering it's never been released in High definition before (none of his vids have unfortunately) and I own a 3D TV so I can't wait to scoop up that 3D bluray when it finally comes out!

I do have one HUGE wish, I wish to God they could figure a way out of having Never Never Land a tourist attraction, even if they had to recreate it somewhere more accessible to the public, hell I would go :excited:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

After the whole incident with the whole "Michael" album. When the family was saying somw of the tracks isn't really MJ, but somebody who is trying to sound like him. I don't support any albums that comes out after his death. His label always tried to use his name for get the money they want. They don't really care about his art, and If it's not the family releasing his music then I won't support. The way his label is handling stuff I'm pretty sure MJ wouldn't want this happening. 

• Upvote 1

After the whole incident with the whole "Michael" album. When the family was saying somw of the tracks isn't really MJ, but somebody who is trying to sound like him. I don't support any albums that comes out after his death. His label always tried to use his name for get the money they want. They don't really care about his art, and If it's not the family releasing his music then I won't support. The way his label is handling stuff I'm pretty sure MJ wouldn't want this happening. 

NO when they used that damn hologram as a "performance" on some award show, I was done. :mellow: 

• Upvote 1