New Pictures:Janet reunites with many former dancers

MorganR

Everything about this has seriously given me all kinds of life.  It warms my heart to see love between J and Tina.  I know they had their falling out or whatever, but it seems they have burried that hatchet and still love one another. They'll always be a bad-ass team to me.  

You could also sense that old Janet energy from the Janet/Velvet Rope/All For You eras since she had her besties behind her instead of newbies, which are REAL kids.  This was magical.  

Janet is kinda disconnected herself so I'm not gonna put it all on the dancers. Her 'newbies' are fine. It's just the State of the World that we have so many dancers uploaded on youtube/Instagram that nothing seems original and that they are all being influenced by the same kinda movement. I think that's why she picked two kids and a bigger beautiful chocolate women...so that she can change it up a lil bit. 

I will say that Denzel is the finest piece of eye candy that Janet has had in YEARS...so fuck you hoes! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Starting with the "Discipline" era the only new dancers I liked was the white boy in the Rock With U video who does that gliding across the floor better than anyone else, Jillian and that other white girl from that era. Unbreakable til now I like the 2 young girls Kendall and Taylor, Dominique, and Mishay. None of the guys really stood out for me since the AFY era except the white boy who I said in my first sentence.

• Downvote 1

All the current dancers in the industry has the same style, they all come out of the same studios that you see on youtube. these kids are not very technical so some of janet's old choreo dont go over well with them, i guess thats why she had to make changes. notice rhythm nation last night with the og's and janet, the precision was on point. i like the jtribe dancers, they are just a product of their time.

• Upvote 5

All the current dancers in the industry has the same style, they all come out of the same studios that you see on youtube. these kids are not very technical so some of janet's old choreo dont go over well with them, i guess thats why she had to make changes. notice rhythm nation last night with the og's and janet, the precision was on point. i like the jtribe dancers, they are just a product of their time.

Janet at one point during rehearsals for another tour had to call in the old dancers because she said the new ones "weren't hitting it right" and that they get the gigs but dont put that hard work behind it too, almost like saying they were sloppy

Honestly I think these new dancers on the current tour are the best dancers she's had in years. This tour & Unbreakable that is. Go watch ANY of their videos on YouTube and you will see their skills are fire. To be completely honest - I don't think the choreography overall for the tour allows them to challenge themselves honestly. The choreo is great not complaining about it but when I've seen what they've done & what they're doing it's not anything where they can really be "wowing". 

My favorite of the past were Nick Bass from RWU, the black guy I THINK his name is Emo or Ed can't remember, the one who can break dance & spin on his head the girls of that era were never a highlight for me.  

As far as personality janet is 51 these dancers are mid 20s they have very little in common. She's not hanging with them like she used to. She's not growing up with them, she's more so like a mentor & legend who loves them & they remind her of the old days but the connection is not the same. 

• Upvote 3

Janet is kinda disconnected herself so I'm not gonna put it all on the dancers. Her 'newbies' are fine. It's just the State of the World that we have so many dancers uploaded on youtube/Instagram that nothing seems original and that they are all being influenced by the same kinda movement. I think that's why she picked two kids and a bigger beautiful chocolate women...so that she can change it up a lil bit. 

I will say that Denzel is the finest piece of eye candy that Janet has had in YEARS...so fuck you hoes! :rolleyes:

Yall give that Denzel boy wayyy to much. If you follow him on IG you will see how basic af he really is. 

Terry Bixler (co-choreographer for RN project) said this new generation of dancers today that he works with, he notices as a whole they just don't have the discipline and focus that they had during dancers back in those RN days. He said they think just because they can "dance" then that's enough. He said they lack passion and technique of what it takes to be a superb dancer. He said it's definitely a generational thing that is so dis attached from the art now

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

After the VR tour, name a dancer that looks betta than DenzDenzel..? I'll wait.

Nobody is giving him to much when the bar has been extremely low.

I wasnt aware you all were basing it off a comparison scale. In that case.. I guess he cool but I prefer 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWNlAkYlCE1/ 

from#1s era

Edited by janetDAYZ