• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Pictures:Janet reunites with many former dancers

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I assumed they had met before?

They have met before. Raven said they had met twice before..but she is such a fan that everytime she meets her its like the first time

Posted · Report post

I assumed they had met before?

They did that's why I said "finally able to meet Janet again" lol

Posted · Report post

Everything about this has seriously given me all kinds of life.  It warms my heart to see love between J and Tina.  I know they had their falling out or whatever, but it seems they have burried that hatchet and still love one another. They'll always be a bad-ass team to me.  

You could also sense that old Janet energy from the Janet/Velvet Rope/All For You eras since she had her besties behind her instead of newbies, which are REAL kids.  This was magical.  

Posted · Report post

Rhythm Nation performance with the former dancers starts at 4:40

Posted (edited) · Report post

You could also sense that old Janet energy from the Janet/Velvet Rope/All For You eras

she had her besties behind her instead of newbies,which are REAL kids.  

This was magical.  

Yes

then

no

then 

yes again

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

I kinda hate how some of you kinda downplay the newer dancers. They're very talented in their own way. The OGs and the new dancers are ALL part of the REAL Rhythm Nation/The Kids/Jtribe. 

Posted · Report post

Not to disrespect the new kids but I juss haven't been impressed with any of the new kids. The "magic" is just different but it's not like I want Janet to go back in time either..so I'm just kinda goin with the flow. I don't hate em but I'm not in love with them 

Posted · Report post

Janet is kinda disconnected herself so I'm not gonna put it all on the dancers. Her 'newbies' are fine. It's just the State of the World that we have so many dancers uploaded on youtube/Instagram that nothing seems original and that they are all being influenced by the same kinda movement. I think that's why she picked two kids and a bigger beautiful chocolate women...so that she can change it up a lil bit. 

I will say that Denzel is the finest piece of eye candy that Janet has had in YEARS...so fuck you hoes! :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

Starting with the "Discipline" era the only new dancers I liked was the white boy in the Rock With U video who does that gliding across the floor better than anyone else, Jillian and that other white girl from that era. Unbreakable til now I like the 2 young girls Kendall and Taylor, Dominique, and Mishay. None of the guys really stood out for me since the AFY era except the white boy who I said in my first sentence.

Posted · Report post

All the current dancers in the industry has the same style, they all come out of the same studios that you see on youtube. these kids are not very technical so some of janet's old choreo dont go over well with them, i guess thats why she had to make changes. notice rhythm nation last night with the og's and janet, the precision was on point. i like the jtribe dancers, they are just a product of their time.

Posted · Report post

The new dancers just don't have the same energy or personality. They can easily be replaced and it wouldn't matter

Posted · Report post

All the current dancers in the industry has the same style, they all come out of the same studios that you see on youtube. these kids are not very technical so some of janet's old choreo dont go over well with them, i guess thats why she had to make changes. notice rhythm nation last night with the og's and janet, the precision was on point. i like the jtribe dancers, they are just a product of their time.

Janet at one point during rehearsals for another tour had to call in the old dancers because she said the new ones "weren't hitting it right" and that they get the gigs but dont put that hard work behind it too, almost like saying they were sloppy

Posted · Report post

Honestly I think these new dancers on the current tour are the best dancers she's had in years. This tour & Unbreakable that is. Go watch ANY of their videos on YouTube and you will see their skills are fire. To be completely honest - I don't think the choreography overall for the tour allows them to challenge themselves honestly. The choreo is great not complaining about it but when I've seen what they've done & what they're doing it's not anything where they can really be "wowing". 

My favorite of the past were Nick Bass from RWU, the black guy I THINK his name is Emo or Ed can't remember, the one who can break dance & spin on his head the girls of that era were never a highlight for me.  

As far as personality janet is 51 these dancers are mid 20s they have very little in common. She's not hanging with them like she used to. She's not growing up with them, she's more so like a mentor & legend who loves them & they remind her of the old days but the connection is not the same. 

Posted · Report post

This video has "If", "Scream" (the visuals on the screen behind Janet show some clips from both the original music video and director's cut of the music video),  "Rhythm Nation" with the former tour dancers, and has the dancer introductions:

Posted · Report post

Janet is kinda disconnected herself so I'm not gonna put it all on the dancers. Her 'newbies' are fine. It's just the State of the World that we have so many dancers uploaded on youtube/Instagram that nothing seems original and that they are all being influenced by the same kinda movement. I think that's why she picked two kids and a bigger beautiful chocolate women...so that she can change it up a lil bit. 

I will say that Denzel is the finest piece of eye candy that Janet has had in YEARS...so fuck you hoes! :rolleyes:

Yall give that Denzel boy wayyy to much. If you follow him on IG you will see how basic af he really is. 

Terry Bixler (co-choreographer for RN project) said this new generation of dancers today that he works with, he notices as a whole they just don't have the discipline and focus that they had during dancers back in those RN days. He said they think just because they can "dance" then that's enough. He said they lack passion and technique of what it takes to be a superb dancer. He said it's definitely a generational thing that is so dis attached from the art now

Edited by janetDAYZ

Posted · Report post

Yall give that Denzel boy wayyy to much. If you follow him on IG you will see how basic af he really is. 

After the VR tour, name a dancer that looks betta than DenzDenzel..? I'll wait.

Nobody is giving him to much when the bar has been extremely low.

After the VR tour, name a dancer that looks betta than DenzDenzel..? I'll wait.

Nobody is giving him to much when the bar has been extremely low.

I wasnt aware you all were basing it off a comparison scale. In that case.. I guess he cool but I prefer 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWNlAkYlCE1/ 

from#1s era

Edited by janetDAYZ

Posted · Report post

7iEfFLo.jpg

Posted · Report post

Here is  video from rehearsal of the Rhythm Nation performance with the former tour dancers at the Hollywood Bowl: