PopWrapped: JANET WILL JOIN JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE FOR 2018 SB HALFTIME SHOW!

Dal

Social Media doesn't equal all media, ALL media posting about entertainment is talking about this and how it should be all about Janet, dare I say it, it even crosses polital lines, the only people really on the "but it was so long ago/what's done is done/he's talented too and doesn't need anyone else" bandwagon are his big time stans, and those voices aren't "trending" anywhere for anyone, for good reason. Proud of the Janfam through this all.

to be fair, the only people still talking about this on social media is Janet fans and this hasn’t trend since Monday 

As far as social media goes... Most people are attracted to opinions that reflect or reinforce their own opinion hence why Janet fans think this is a big deal when in reality, it is not 

But for that to be true, it'd have to ger NO mainstream media at all, in fact it'd have to STAY a social media topic and not trend period, the fact that this is getting media coverage (multiple days worth in some cases) says it is. And too it's only really still the beginning, so you have to keep in mind, every time theres an announcement about it until after the lame performance, there's likely going to be a large negative reaction (especially with the media & non Janet fans being on Janfam side on this). 

But for that to be true, it'd have to ger NO mainstream media at all, in fact it'd have to STAY a social media topic and not trend period, the fact that this is getting media coverage (multiple days worth in some cases) says it is. And too it's only really still the beginning, so you have to keep in mind, every time theres an announcement about it until after the lame performance, there's likely going to be a large negative reaction (especially with the media & non Janet fans being on Janfam side on this). 

It’s a fact that people aligned to their own beliefs when it comes to news & social media. Which is why all these Janet fans are stating it’s HUGE! It’s honestly not. 

The media, like fish, have a short attention span. This isn’t some scandal. It’s a blimp on the radar

The show will go on regardless, probably with record breaking views and social media presence, Justin will go on to sell a platinum album and sold out world tour... the NFL, FOX, & Pepsi will continue to be  billion dollar industries and Janet will hopefully be on the second leg of her tour cementing her legacy that has been tarnished by an event that happened 14 years ago 

Let’s stop pretending social media has impact on this event. It does not 

Edited by State of the Game

If you don't think that what Janet Jackson went through had nothing to do with her being a BLACK woman, then go look up intersectionality.

I didn't state my opinion I was just curious as to why a lot of people when referring to the incident play the race card first. If it had happened to a pale woman I think there still would have been an outcry and backlash. 

why the race card tho? What about sexism? Let the woman be the scapegoat because she is the weaker sex.

Because black people (men and women) are still subjugated in this country and have been routinely mistreated by the dominant. I hate when muthufuckas wanna shift the narrativd into some (white) feminism bullshit. The mainstream feminists don't give a shit when black women are mistreated and certainly never speak out on behalf of black women. The super bowl had everything to do with race and nothing to do with sexism. Had Justin been a black man and Janet a white woman...do you honestly believe she would have still got the backlash from the dominant society??? Let's keep it 100...because ya know sexism and white women are so oppressed in this country, even more so than blacks.

• Upvote 3

I didn't state my opinion I was just curious as to why a lot of people when referring to the incident play the race card first. If it had happened to a pale woman I think there still would have been an outcry and backlash. 

????

look at Madonna masturbating on stage, saying she wants to murder the president, and crucifying herself 

????

look at Madonna masturbating on stage, saying she wants to murder the president, and crucifying herself 

False equivalency 

That’s her concert.. not a public performance in front of the world. 

Madonna performed after Janet.. zero controversy aside from that middle finger shit that no one cares about from that Not-Nicki Minaj

Is this pale woman Latina a la Jennifer Lopez, then yes I would agree. Now if we talking about Jennifer Lawrence...no ma'am no gawd and what kind of privilege does she have to even get to perform at a Superbowl :rolleyes:#theoddsareforeverintheirfavor

:mellow:

• Upvote 1

Because black people (men and women) are still subjugated in this country and have been routinely mistreated by the dominant. I hate when muthufuckas wanna shift the narrativd into some (white) feminism bullshit. The mainstream feminists don't give a shit when black women are mistreated and certainly never speak out on behalf of black women. The super bowl had everything to do with race and nothing to do with sexism. Had Justin been a black man and Janet a white woman...do you honestly believe she would have still got the backlash from the dominant society??? Let's keep it 100...because ya know sexism and white women are so oppressed in this country, even more so than blacks.

100  ....white women benefited more from the civil rights movement than Blacks....The issue with 2004, was White folks getting in their feelings over Black sexuality being shown

It’s a fact that people aligned to their own beliefs when it comes to news & social media. Which is why all these Janet fans are stating it’s HUGE! It’s honestly not. 

The media, like fish, have a short attention span. This isn’t some scandal. It’s a blimp on the radar

The show will go on regardless, probably with record breaking views and social media presence, Justin will go on to sell a platinum album and sold out world tour... the NFL, FOX, & Pepsi will continue to be  billion dollar industries and Janet will hopefully be on the second leg of her tour cementing her legacy that has been tarnished by an event that happened 14 years ago 

Let’s stop pretending social media has impact on this event. It does not 

The social media thing isn't why most Janfans are stating it's huge, it's because it's been a major topic on most entertainment news sites. Everytime this is discussed in the media (which is alot this week, and which will continue until the day) it's still going to be talked about in a HUGE way. And most are reporting it like it is a scandal, that he needs her for a good show, or he needs to acknowlege her , and or that she's more deserving than him, that's the general consensus and that's what's being reported all around.

Yea he's gonna perform and if he has someone it'll be like Katy where nobody will care about him, if he doesn't it'll be like his VMA thing where everyone forgot about it after a week, but what you're neglecting is that the NFL is basically using him & this to deflect from their own scandal, and that's basically being discussed too, and that in itself if he pulls another "all lives matter" statement can also be enough to keep this incident in the news again, we all know he's dumb & tone deaf enough to do it. 

We can pretend that social media doesn't have impact (which it does) when you can stop pretending this isnt anything bigger than social media talk or that it will die down, when in fact, as previously stated, everytime this makes the news it will be just like this until more is done.

• Upvote 1

it's only going to get bigger and Justin seems to be in a bad timing kinda deal, they went in on his Twitter over him wearing a LA Dodgers baseball hat when he played minor league ball for some other team.....they ripped him to shreds last night and his "team" cleaned his Twitter up quick

The social media thing isn't why most Janfans are stating it's huge, it's because it's been a major topic on most entertainment news sites. Everytime this is discussed in the media (which is alot this week, and which will continue until the day) it's still going to be talked about in a HUGE way. And most are reporting it like it is a scandal, that he needs her for a good show, or he needs to acknowlege her , and or that she's more deserving than him, that's the general consensus and that's what's being reported all around.

Yea he's gonna perform and if he has someone it'll be like Katy where nobody will care about him, if he doesn't it'll be like his VMA thing where everyone forgot about it after a week, but what you're neglecting is that the NFL is basically using him & this to deflect from their own scandal, and that's basically being discussed too, and that in itself if he pulls another "all lives matter" statement can also be enough to keep this incident in the news again, we all know he's dumb & tone deaf enough to do it. 

We can pretend that social media doesn't have impact (which it does) when you can stop pretending this isnt anything bigger than social media talk or that it will die down, when in fact, as previously stated, everytime this makes the news it will be just like this until more is done.

I kinda think JT decided that he wanted this notch under his belt (SB) no matter what others said, and I also think like some here are trying to do, they down played how it would go over, like its been long enough no big deal....WRONG....they are making this a very big deal...it's not just Janet fans, Im seeing a lot of response and media reporting that are calling this out as a double standard, like okay for him, but Janet no? That's the narrative as of now

Edited by Bailey.

I kinda think JT decided that he wanted this notch under his belt (SB) no matter what others said, and I also think like some here are trying to do, they down played how it would go over, like its been long enough no big deal....WRONG....they are making this a very big deal...it's not just Janet fans, Im seeing a lot of response and media reporting that are calling this out as a double standard, like okay for him, but Janet no? That's the narrative as of now

Exactly, things that are ONLY big or only HUGE with JUST Janfans don't make it to all major news outlets for over 2 days in a row, trending is nice, but that's not where this stays, it's been discussed for 3 days on all media plaforms. Yea what's great is the overall consensus is if she's not in it, involved or acknowleged, it's not right. He could legitimately face backlash without her, because when the show is him by himself and when it's over and everyone wakes up, the narrative will change to "he & the NFL used  her as bait to draw people into that snoozefest". Essentially that's also what's going on, they're dangling her name as bait for views. 

• Upvote 1

Exactly, things that are ONLY big or only HUGE with JUST Janfans don't make it to all major news outlets for over 2 days in a row, trending is nice, but that's not where this stays, it's been discussed for 3 days on all media plaforms. Yea what's great is the overall consensus is if she's not in it, involved or acknowleged, it's not right. He could legitimately face backlash without her, because when the show is him by himself and when it's over and everyone wakes up, the narrative will change to "he & the NFL used  her as bait to draw people into that snoozefest". Essentially that's also what's going on, they're dangling her name as bait for views. 

and we haven't even gotten close to Feb 4, 2018....imagine how much the heat is going to turn up

• Upvote 2

the timing for JT is just bad, if Janet were on her many out of view moments this might be okay, but shit she in full tour mode until December she aint going no where so this will continue to blow up....the shit I read on Twitter last night on JT's page was fucked up, they read his ass and it had nothing to do with Janet. The respect wasnt there, I read tell Timberlake to shut the hell up I was like :o  "I wonder how a man from Tennessee feels watching this?"  the tweets were terrible :lmao:

• Upvote 1

If he wants it to be a surprise looks like his hand might be force to make that announcement early...that's if she does it -_-

Janet is an ethereal being from the Heavens, why on Earth, only one of many places she takes form, would she materialize in a show for a lessor? Janet brings the light, not darkness, in darkness hell could freeze over before that happens and she is not about that life :filenails:

the timing for JT is just bad, if Janet were on her many out of view moments this might be okay, but shit she in full tour mode until December she aint going no where so this will continue to blow up....the shit I read on Twitter last night on JT's page was fucked up, they read his ass and it had nothing to do with Janet. The respect wasnt there, I read tell Timberlake to shut the hell up I was like :o  "I wonder how a man from Tennessee feels watching this?"  the tweets were terrible :lmao:

Oh they still doing it right now lol. Every time he tweets anything people are gonna come for him and he should know it. It's his fault for not fixing this over a decade ago.

• Upvote 1