PopWrapped: JANET WILL JOIN JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE FOR 2018 SB HALFTIME SHOW!

Dal

This was released before Eminem’s freestyle. Not sure why Dallas would post this 

I’m missing somethin.. what does em’s freestyle have to do with this..?

and I posted it because it’s an entertainment news article that wasn’t already posted and that says Janet is performing at the Super Bowl..

I didn’t post it to endorse its accuracy.. if people don’t believe it (and it very well may be fake), then that’s the part that’s up for discussion, along with the contents of the article..

I’m missing somethin.. what does em’s freestyle have to do with this..?

and I posted it because it’s an entertainment news article that wasn’t already posted and that says Janet is performing at the Super Bowl..

I didn’t post it to endorse its accuracy.. if people don’t believe it (and it very well may be fake), then that’s the part that’s up for discussion, along with the contents of the article..

Nah you ain't missing nothing. It's the same pettiness that goes on 365 days of the year baby lol

i know you two are really hoping she does and so do I but I think this is one thing that certainly IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. if it does, great but I'm not holding my breath on this one.. 

I don’t care if it happens or not. I’m not Janet or her team. I’m just a consumer and as a consumer, this is what people love to see

• Upvote 1

I guess I'm just trying to figure out who would benefit the most from this IF there's any possibility it is true. My guess is that the ultimate benefactor from this reunion wouldn't be Janet, or even Justin, but the NFL.

Game attendance and viewership have been down since the mistreatment of Kaepernick started, and they realize that in the divisive Trump era, they are at grave risk of hemmoraghing fans if the race wars continue and they respond to them by silencing players. 

So what better way to distract fans from the latest race war, than maybe trying to resolve an earlier one?? 

Put it this way... IF Janet were to go along with this, I hope she get some major stuff out of it. Like signing an exclusive for her music to be played at games, or something else that's next level. We may be looking at this the wrong way. Behind the scenes, it may be Janet that is in the driver's seat here. 

In any event, all will be revealed soon. 

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess I'm just trying to figure out who would benefit the most from this IF there's any possibility it is true. My guess is that the ultimate benefactor from this reunion wouldn't be Janet, or even Justin, but the NFL.

Game attendance and viewership have been down since the mistreatment of Kaepernick started, and they realize that in the divisive Trump era, they are at grave risk of hemmoraghing fans if the race wars continue and they respond to them by silencing players. 

So what better way to distract fans from the latest race war, than maybe trying to resolve an earlier one?? 

Put it this way... IF Janet were to go along with this, I hope she get some major stuff out of it. Like signing an exclusive for her music to be played at games, or something else that's next level. We may be looking at this the wrong way. Behind the scenes, it may be Janet that is in the driver's seat here. 

In any event, all will be revealed soon. 

All three would benefit.

Ratings are down for most major sporting events due to Americans cable cutting. You can read why the ratings have decreased here: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/09/nfl-ratings-trump-anthem-protests/541173/

^ Don’t nitpick.. read the entirety 

Music played at games isn’t exactly beneficial. No one goes to a football game for the shit music 

Janet benefits from it in many ways including promotion for her tour, if she decides to extend her tour   

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

As far as attendance, in week four in 2016, 1M people went to a football game... 2017.. 1.1M

Quit pretending Kaepernick has been mistreated. He was not... and he has zero impact on the NFL’s attendance and viewership

He has been mistreated and your black ass should know better than to say otherwise. Something is seriously wrong with you. This man started a movement in the NFL. The man took the 49ers to their first playoffs in 2015 since the 90s and now at 29 which is still young he has no damn job because of racism. Please stop talking about shit you know nothing about. Especially football.

• Upvote 2

He has been mistreated and your black ass should know better than to say otherwise. Something is seriously wrong with you. This man started a movement in the NFL. The man took the 49ers to their first playoffs in 2015 since the 90s and now at 29 which is still young he has no damn job because of racism. Please stop talking about shit you know nothing about. Especially football.

He was a shit QB. Sure he’s gotten slack for his protest but he’s not an all-star QB ??‍♂️

The 49ers didn’t go to the playoffs in 2015.. only 2012 & 2013

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00/gamelog/post/

You know I can literally look up his stats. I know about football ??‍♂️ 

Edited by State of the Game

There is no "win - win" here. The optics would be terrible.

Huh? How is that?? The second Janet was announced as a performer, it's all anyone would talk about between that moment an the game. And what better time to drop new music than when everyone is talking about you, especially in the streaming era?? Were it me, I'd drop the new album shortly after the announcement to capitalize on that. 

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 1

Huh? How is that?? The second Janet was announced as a performer, it's all anyone would talk about between that moment an the game. And what better time to drop new music than when everyone is talking about you, especially in the streaming era?? Were it me, I'd drop the new album shortly after the announcement to capitalize on that. 

Millions of people worldwide watching. Millions. The most televised show in the world (maybe second to futbol) 

a lot of people would lose respect for her for performing with him

Put that tiki torch down sis....Janet does NOT need to redeem herself and Colin is being blacklisted. There are plenty of mediocre quarterbacks that are alternates and out here getting checks. This country and their fake outrage over a titty and kneeling need redemption. There are articles and think pieces suggesting how trivial nipple-gate was...the whole incident was blown out of proportion. 

And I don't think people will be upset if she did decide to do it, her whole career was almost sabotaged bc of this incident...she deserves a redo and if that redo comes in the form of some pussy ass mediocre cultural appropriating fuk boi....so be it. #nextcaller

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

a lot of people would lose respect for her for performing with him

That doesn't seem sensible. I guess they are people that have never had to weigh a situation from two sides and then decided to take the side that would benefit them most, even if it's not something they feel they have to do. 

We're all speculating at this point anyway. But I'm just saying that IF Janet were announced as a performer, I'd definitely tune in to support her as a fan. If it's only Julissa... err i mean Justin, I might have to skip it. My respect for Janet is not in question over a high profile performance. 

• Upvote 1

Put that tiki torch down sis....Janet does NOT need to redeem herself and Colin is being blacklisted. There are plenty of mediocre quarterbacks that are alternates and out here getting checks. This country and their fake outrage over a titty and kneeling need redemption. There are articles and think pieces suggesting how trivial nipple-gate was...the whole incident was blown out of proportion. 

And I don't think people will be upset if she did decide to do it, her whole career was almost sabotaged bc of this incident...she deserves a redo and if that redo comes in the form of some pussy ass mediocre cultural appropriating fuk boi....so be it. #nextcaller

Thank you and the nerve of him to think he knows what he talking about when it comes to football just because he uses google :lol: Try actually watching it. Anyway yeah someone who got a team to their first playoffs since the 90s i'd hardly call shitty. Never mind all that I still can't believe he's bypassing this man being a victim of racism and blaming it on his skills in football. He sounds just like those white people who try to find reasons why blacks were in the wrong when it came to us getting shot or mistreated by law enforcement or business establishments. Collin is a free agent and isn't being signed at all by anyone.

22489694_1087942771342462_85327426701602

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If anything I think ppl would WANT her to perform as a way of being "vindicated". On social media alot of ppl are saying JT should invite her to perform to make it right with her. Like a re-do of sorts 

I want her to be at the halftime show period so if she gotta do it with him then oh well. I want her to be big internationally again and go on a sold out tour right after. I want the world to be reminded of who she is and why she's the baddest bitch. I still won't care for Justin after but i'm just saying lol.

• Upvote 1

So ya'll would rather have the media continue to discuss Janet's only significance being SB '04 in modern times, or how Janet gave a stellar performance at the biggest US gaming event making '04 an afterthought? 

tumblr_onk38sNYnF1s9a9yjo1_400.gif

Let some of you tell it and everything that can go wrong will go wrong. 

Ya'll have to stop acting like Janet is above certain things because of who she is. 

• Upvote 3

Mainly Janet fans, non fans wouldn't give a damn..why would they? Janet fans have the grudge against JT 

It wouldn't just be Janet fans, but black people in general. It's not just about him....she would not only be letting Justin off the hook but also the NFL and that network. And then putting money into their pockets when none of them have held themselves accountable. For y'all to be always dismissing sales and promotion...it's weird that y'all would be willing to risk her integrity for some "exposure." Maybe if Janet could perform alone and there were some apologies...I would see you all' point. 

• Upvote 1

The Queen of Insomnia is coming to wake you hoes up with the injustices that are going on in the world and if she wants to use the NFL platform to do so, you hoes will have to deal. #wokePop, #theKnowledge, #noFormationbih, #ARhythmNation

That wouldn't be "woke" hun