• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ET - Janet Jackson Open to Performing Super Bowl; BILLBOARD - is NOT BANNED From the NFL

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/10/23/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-timberlake/

TMZ Sports asked the NFL and there was no official ban

If Justin was smart, he’d call up Janet’s peeps ASAP... yesterday... two months ago

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8007033/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-halftime-NFL-timberlake

Billboard called Janet a legend ^_^ 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

So why let the whole world think there was for over a decade :huh: this screams of backtracking.

So why let the whole world think there was for over a decade :huh: this screams of backtracking.

The NFL is saying there was never a ban now to try and stem any additional outrage.  

In 2014, they confirmed the ban... 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-asking-potential-super-bowl-halftime-acts-to-pay-to-perform/ 

Edited by wayneashleymusic

Posted · Report post

The NFL is full of SHIT!  She was banned. Janet don't take the bait!  These fuckers want to use you. 

Posted · Report post

Honestly, I highly doubt Janet would touch the NFL again especially not now in the midst of the all the racial angst and tension. IF she ever were to do it, it damn sure doesn't need to be on a stage with Justin Timberlake. She should never share another stage with him. 

As far as the Super Bowl if the NFL wasn't so consumed in their bigotry - I wouldn't be mad at her for doing it. But fuck them, they helped ruin her career & made her have to rebuild damn all over again. I wouldn't allow them to dictate whether or not she's worthy. 

Posted · Report post

And Janet's fans, the whole debate has taken over Twitter.  ICYMI within minutes of Timberlake's announcement, Janet Jackson was trending nationwide. 

She's made international news once again.  You know... during a time that's she's not supposed to be relevant.  

https://twitter.com/i/moments/922533124113883136 

Posted · Report post

I'm swayed towards her not doing it now. -_- 

Posted · Report post

The NFL is full of SHIT!  She was banned. Janet don't take the bait!  These fuckers want to use you. 

Let them use her. What does she have to lose? 

Posted · Report post

The NFL is saying there was never a ban now to try and stem any additional outrage.  

In 2014, they confirmed the ban... 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-asking-potential-super-bowl-halftime-acts-to-pay-to-perform/ 

Notice that link was from a CBS website bc CBS banned her. Not the NFL

The Super Bowl airs on FOX 

Also in the article, it does NOT state Janet was banned.

reading is fundamental 🤷🏾‍♂️😂😂😂

Posted · Report post

Exactly! 

You should probably read the article before agreeing 🙃😉

Posted · Report post

Notice that link was from a CBS website bc CBS banned her. Not the NFL

The Super Bowl airs on FOX 

Also in the article, it does NOT state Janet was banned.

reading is fundamental 🤷🏾‍♂️😂😂😂

The CBS News article quotes a statement from TMZ... 

The NFL has yet to comment on the WSJ's report, but the league did confirm to TMZthat at least one performer definitely won't be making an appearance at Super Bowl XLIV. 

"As for potential acts -- we have only ruled out Janet Jackson," a league spokesman said in an email.

This is what TMZ published back in 2014... 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/19/nfl-janet-jackson-is-still-banned-from-super-bowl/ 

They reached out to the NFL again, and the answer has changed.  Convenient?? 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/23/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-timberlake/ 

NFL= national footbal LEAGUE.  #Reading.  

Posted · Report post

The CBS News article quotes a statement from TMZ... 

The NFL has yet to comment on the WSJ's report, but the league did confirm to TMZthat at least one performer definitely won't be making an appearance at Super Bowl XLIV. 

"As for potential acts -- we have only ruled out Janet Jackson," a league spokesman said in an email.

This is what TMZ published back in 2014... 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/19/nfl-janet-jackson-is-still-banned-from-super-bowl/ 

They reached out to the NFL again, and the answer has changed.  Convenient?? 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/23/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-timberlake/ 

NFL= national footbal LEAGUE.  #Reading.  

You literally just changed the url but the message was the same. Maybe you shouldn’t just read the title but the actual article

Reading is fundamental.. The NFL said “ruled out”

Don’t create your own truth to push some boring and tired agenda :lmao: 

You literally just changed the url but the message was the same. Maybe you shouldn’t just read the title but the actual article

Reading is fundamental.. The NFL said “ruled out”

Don’t create your own truth to push some boring and tired agenda :lmao: 

If by agenda, you mean sharing historical facts, then sure, I have an agenda.  If one wants to call into question both CBS news and TMZ, that is their own personal business.  

But my business no longer includes arguments with people on the Planet Janet site.  #NoTime.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic

Posted · Report post

Let them use her. What does she have to lose? 

Her fucking DIGNITY!!!!!! I remember so vividly how they trashed her through the media. That was a terrible time to be a Janet fan.  I remember having to defend Janet at every turn. They are back tracking big time with this Janet isn't banned shit. Fuck em! Fuck em all! 

Posted · Report post

Her fucking DIGNITY!!!!!! I remember so vividly how they trashed her through the media. That was a terrible time to be a Janet fan.  I remember having to defend Janet at every turn. They are back tracking big time with this Janet isn't banned shit. Fuck em! Fuck em all! 

100m people, Legendary status, potential monetary gains and breaking records, and views >>>> dignity.

Any idiot would capitalize off a Super Bowl performance. My goodness y’all so bitter and upset 

I don’t see how they’re backtracking when they didn’t ban her :lmao: 

Y’all so mad at nothing :lmao: and now that it’s PROVEN to be nothing, y’all call out “backtracking” :lmao:

If by agenda, you mean sharing historical facts, then sure, I have an agenda.  If one wants to call into question both CBS news and TMZ, that is their own personal business.  

But my business no longer includes arguments with people on the Planet Janet site.  #NoTime.  

There’s no historical facts in your posts :lmao: She wasn’t banned and the link you used didn’t say she was... just the GOTCHA title that internet media uses :lmao: 

Not arguing.. 

Posted · Report post

It says "ruled out", which is not the same as "banned". 

:lmao: let them pout and cry out “ism” :lmao: they’ve been proven wrong already

Posted · Report post

:lmao: let them pout and cry out “ism” :lmao: they’ve been proven wrong already

I need to see a report from the NFL, not from secondary sources.

I need to see a report from the NFL, not from secondary sources.

There is no report that Janet was banned bc she was not officially banned 

The NFL spokesperson said they passed her up in 2014 and they now just answered a 13 year old concern: Was Janet banned? 

The NFL said nah to multiple news sources including Billboard. 

It undercuts Janet fans’ agenda (who are stuck in 2004) and the JT doubters who like to use “white privilege” in sentences whenever they can 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

:lmao: :lmao: Dignity?! Tf out of here!!!

RESPECT REDEMPTION LEGENDARY!!!!! JUSTIN!!! MAKE THAT CALLLLLL YOU LITTLE BISH

Posted · Report post

There is no report that Janet was banned bc she was not officially banned 

The NFL spokesperson said they passed her up in 2014 and they now just answered a 13 year old concern: Was Janet banned? 

The NFL said nah to multiple news sources including Billboard. 

It undercuts Janet fans’ agenda (who are stuck in 2004) and the JT doubters who like to use “white privilege” in sentences whenever they can 

It may be an implied ban, but there is nothing written, at least I doubt they actually drafted internal legislation and the NFL voted on it, and the motion was passed. I don't think they're that invested.

Also, White privilege is at work here. 

Posted · Report post

It may be an implied ban, but there is nothing written, at least I doubt they actually drafted internal legislation and the NFL voted on it, and the motion was passed. I don't think they're that invested.

Also, White privilege is at work here. 

For something to be “implied” it has to be implied. They have not implied anything in 2014 aside from the fact that they crossed Janet off the short list 

:rolleyes: