ET - Janet Jackson Open to Performing Super Bowl; BILLBOARD - is NOT BANNED From the NFL

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/10/23/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-timberlake/

TMZ Sports asked the NFL and there was no official ban

If Justin was smart, he’d call up Janet’s peeps ASAP... yesterday... two months ago

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8007033/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-halftime-NFL-timberlake

Billboard called Janet a legend ^_^ 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

So why let the whole world think there was for over a decade :huh: this screams of backtracking.

The NFL is saying there was never a ban now to try and stem any additional outrage.  

In 2014, they confirmed the ban... 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-asking-potential-super-bowl-halftime-acts-to-pay-to-perform/ 

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, I highly doubt Janet would touch the NFL again especially not now in the midst of the all the racial angst and tension. IF she ever were to do it, it damn sure doesn't need to be on a stage with Justin Timberlake. She should never share another stage with him. 

As far as the Super Bowl if the NFL wasn't so consumed in their bigotry - I wouldn't be mad at her for doing it. But fuck them, they helped ruin her career & made her have to rebuild damn all over again. I wouldn't allow them to dictate whether or not she's worthy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The NFL is saying there was never a ban now to try and stem any additional outrage.  

In 2014, they confirmed the ban... 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-asking-potential-super-bowl-halftime-acts-to-pay-to-perform/ 

Notice that link was from a CBS website bc CBS banned her. Not the NFL

The Super Bowl airs on FOX 

Also in the article, it does NOT state Janet was banned.

reading is fundamental ??‍♂️???

Notice that link was from a CBS website bc CBS banned her. Not the NFL

The Super Bowl airs on FOX 

Also in the article, it does NOT state Janet was banned.

reading is fundamental ??‍♂️???

The CBS News article quotes a statement from TMZ... 

The NFL has yet to comment on the WSJ's report, but the league did confirm to TMZthat at least one performer definitely won't be making an appearance at Super Bowl XLIV. 

"As for potential acts -- we have only ruled out Janet Jackson," a league spokesman said in an email.

This is what TMZ published back in 2014... 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/19/nfl-janet-jackson-is-still-banned-from-super-bowl/ 

They reached out to the NFL again, and the answer has changed.  Convenient?? 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/23/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-timberlake/ 

NFL= national footbal LEAGUE.  #Reading.  

• Upvote 2

The CBS News article quotes a statement from TMZ... 

The NFL has yet to comment on the WSJ's report, but the league did confirm to TMZthat at least one performer definitely won't be making an appearance at Super Bowl XLIV. 

"As for potential acts -- we have only ruled out Janet Jackson," a league spokesman said in an email.

This is what TMZ published back in 2014... 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/19/nfl-janet-jackson-is-still-banned-from-super-bowl/ 

They reached out to the NFL again, and the answer has changed.  Convenient?? 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/23/janet-jackson-not-banned-super-bowl-timberlake/ 

NFL= national footbal LEAGUE.  #Reading.  

You literally just changed the url but the message was the same. Maybe you shouldn’t just read the title but the actual article

Reading is fundamental.. The NFL said “ruled out”

Don’t create your own truth to push some boring and tired agenda :lmao: 

You literally just changed the url but the message was the same. Maybe you shouldn’t just read the title but the actual article

Reading is fundamental.. The NFL said “ruled out”

Don’t create your own truth to push some boring and tired agenda :lmao: 

If by agenda, you mean sharing historical facts, then sure, I have an agenda.  If one wants to call into question both CBS news and TMZ, that is their own personal business.  

But my business no longer includes arguments with people on the Planet Janet site.  #NoTime.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Downvote 1

Let them use her. What does she have to lose? 

Her fucking DIGNITY!!!!!! I remember so vividly how they trashed her through the media. That was a terrible time to be a Janet fan.  I remember having to defend Janet at every turn. They are back tracking big time with this Janet isn't banned shit. Fuck em! Fuck em all! 

Her fucking DIGNITY!!!!!! I remember so vividly how they trashed her through the media. That was a terrible time to be a Janet fan.  I remember having to defend Janet at every turn. They are back tracking big time with this Janet isn't banned shit. Fuck em! Fuck em all! 

100m people, Legendary status, potential monetary gains and breaking records, and views >>>> dignity.

Any idiot would capitalize off a Super Bowl performance. My goodness y’all so bitter and upset 

I don’t see how they’re backtracking when they didn’t ban her :lmao: 

Y’all so mad at nothing :lmao: and now that it’s PROVEN to be nothing, y’all call out “backtracking” :lmao:

If by agenda, you mean sharing historical facts, then sure, I have an agenda.  If one wants to call into question both CBS news and TMZ, that is their own personal business.  

But my business no longer includes arguments with people on the Planet Janet site.  #NoTime.  

There’s no historical facts in your posts :lmao: She wasn’t banned and the link you used didn’t say she was... just the GOTCHA title that internet media uses :lmao: 

Not arguing.. 

• Downvote 1

I need to see a report from the NFL, not from secondary sources.

There is no report that Janet was banned bc she was not officially banned 

The NFL spokesperson said they passed her up in 2014 and they now just answered a 13 year old concern: Was Janet banned? 

The NFL said nah to multiple news sources including Billboard. 

It undercuts Janet fans’ agenda (who are stuck in 2004) and the JT doubters who like to use “white privilege” in sentences whenever they can 

Edited by State of the Game

There is no report that Janet was banned bc she was not officially banned 

The NFL spokesperson said they passed her up in 2014 and they now just answered a 13 year old concern: Was Janet banned? 

The NFL said nah to multiple news sources including Billboard. 

It undercuts Janet fans’ agenda (who are stuck in 2004) and the JT doubters who like to use “white privilege” in sentences whenever they can 

It may be an implied ban, but there is nothing written, at least I doubt they actually drafted internal legislation and the NFL voted on it, and the motion was passed. I don't think they're that invested.

Also, White privilege is at work here. 

• Upvote 1

It may be an implied ban, but there is nothing written, at least I doubt they actually drafted internal legislation and the NFL voted on it, and the motion was passed. I don't think they're that invested.

Also, White privilege is at work here. 

For something to be “implied” it has to be implied. They have not implied anything in 2014 aside from the fact that they crossed Janet off the short list 

:rolleyes: 

• Downvote 1