ET - Janet Jackson Open to Performing Super Bowl; BILLBOARD - is NOT BANNED From the NFL

Janet is happy for Justin ^_^ but she’s busy with her tour schedule according to E! (Which means she’s Extending her tour in 2018)

http://eonline.com/news/888895/janet-jackson-not-joining-justin-timberlake-at-the-2018-super-bowl

Edited by State of the Game

For something to be “implied” it has to be implied. They have not implied anything in 2014 aside from the fact that they crossed Janet off the short list 

:rolleyes: 

That's an implied ban Game. :lol:

Although, a ban would have to also imply that she was asked a second time to headline. 

• Upvote 1

That's an implied ban Game. :lol:

Although, a ban would have to also imply that she was asked a second time to headline. 

It says "ruled out", which is not the same as "banned". 

:umm: so it’s implied but not the same? 

Crossing someone’s name off a list isn’t a “ban” or an implied ban... if you were making a gay wedding list, and my name was crossed off it, it doesn’t imply I’m banned from your gay wedding

Edited by State of the Game

:umm: so it’s implied but not the same? 

Crossing someone’s name off a list isn’t a “ban” or an implied ban... if you were making a gay wedding list, and my name was crossed off it, it doesn’t imply I’m banned from your gay wedding

'"Implied" and "actual" are vastly different concepts. Something that's implied can be a general assumption amongst a group of individuals. Conversely, a "ban" is affirmative concept not subject to alteration (in context). 

To "rule out" doesn't mean to ban. It just means a choice is not an option. That doesn't mean it can't be an option at some point.

• Upvote 3

Let them use her. What does she have to lose? 

wtf is happening ....cuz I concur Norm! 

Look, I don’t hate JT I’ve just always wanted things to be fair... I always took the “ruled out” quote as meaning a ban towards Janet doing the SB, but the NFL are just a collective group of people that change every few years.. when the personnel change and shift throughout the years, that means certain stances that may have been taken by said company could alter.. that’s how I view the NFL in the scenario...

also, I’m pretty irritated that JT gets to headline a fkn Halftime show when it was literally him that did any and all actions resulting in tit in ya eyes so that right there annoys me, buuut ay it has been a while and if Janet wanted to take this fkn opportunity to show what the fuck is up then that’s the only way I’m not gonna watch this fkn Halftime show through gritted teeth..

america loves a comeback story and I fkn do too when it involves Janet.. now yes there’s fair concern about this being a very tumultuous year regarding race and the NFL and fkn el presidente dickhead, but I’m picturing Janet using her guest spot to not do something poppy but more likely something like the first 10 min of this damn tour she doing.. like take all of GaGa’s nuanced statements that she incorporated into her SB51 performance and then bunch them all together and bam that’s what Janet will do...cuzits for damn sure that Justin ain’t gonna be the one making any type of statements with his birch ass... ha naw he got good music but ya feel me..

im lit af rn.. just took two dabs ayy..

aibbg hope this shirt made send 

• Upvote 1

Problem with the half assed excuse of "she was never officially banned" is if that were even true they coulda said that YEARS ago and even a month ago when this concersation came back up. Its more so evident that she was banned, they felt the heat from the media in the last month calling them out on the double standard and NOW decides to basically pull a "We were team Janet all along!". :lmao: Bullshit, Janfam got they asses to do the right thing by her. :coffee:

So it feels good to not have to be against this superbowl for the racism & sexism....now it can be just the justinism. I wonder who hes gonna pick to outshine his basic blandness ^_^ and I wonder what else will be on TV as a happy distraction, oh I hope Shameless!:excited:

• Upvote 3

:lmao: let them pout and cry out “ism” :lmao: they’ve been proven wrong already

I am not "them" I am an individual with my own opinions and abilities to interpolate, none of which have anything to do with you. And i've already said on other threads here that i have no beef with Justin Timberlake himself, as he is a product of the same system of privilege and structural racism/ sexism under which we all live, and under which African-American females are continually short changed. I posted the link to the NFL's "ban" "rule out" or whatever the fuck you want to call it because it is pertinent to the conversation. The spokeperson's comments did not say. "One of the names we've ruled out", it said "the ONLY name we've ruled out is Janet Jackson." And that was a full 10 years after her last appearance... you know the same appearance that happened to be left out of the NFL's Super Bowl 50 halftime montage, which had clips from ALL the other performances. 

Interpolate that however you want. But know that it cannot and shall not invalidate my opinion. 

It says "ruled out", which is not the same as "banned". 

please....she's pretty much banned. She's the first and only named that popped up when asked, mind you this was 3yrs ago. Do y'all really think they have to literally say "ban" for it to exist? After the incident in 2004 did they not say they won't let Janet or MTV do another halftime show for them again?

• Upvote 3

Ratings and money will have any corporation overlook alot of things. Hell it had alot of actresses remain mute while being felt up by the Michelin man. This whole ploy to get Justin back on that stage is an excuse to invite the woman whose name is brought up every Superbowl...controversy sells. 

Understand this...you can 'rule out' and ban the NFL not doing everything in their power to get people to tune in and fill up stadiums. 

• Upvote 3

Ratings and money will have any corporation overlook alot of things. Hell it had alot of actresses remain mute while being felt up by the Michelin man. This whole ploy to get Justin back on that stage is an excuse to invite the woman whose name is brought up every Superbowl...controversy sells. 

Understand this...you can 'rule out' and ban the NFL not doing everything in their power to get people to tune in and fill up stadiums. 

This girl spoke the truth when TMZ let her share her thoughts on TMZ live today. What she said about the NFL is true. They doing this shit for ratings knowing damn well Janet ain't allowed.

Edited by JoeJoe

please....she's pretty much banned. She's the first and only named that popped up when asked, mind you this was 3yrs ago. Do y'all really think they have to literally say "ban" for it to exist? After the incident in 2004 did they not say they won't let Janet or MTV do another halftime show for them again?

13 years ago, we never thought we’d see a black president but I guess times have changed

MTV still hasn’t produced a show