Janet at her Halloween Party

MorganR

True. Eartha’s mask was completely different to Janet’s

It's the torn look with white stitching that resembles Tim Burton and Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal but nonetheless Eartha's rendition comes to mind and I actually think it would have been cool to see Janet wearing something closer to the vintage costume. 

• Upvote 1

She is paying homage to both. Of course Janet is an Eartha Kitt Stan but like her good judy Gil (who stans for Tim Burton) she is a Tim Burton fan as well which is why she has several looks inspired by his work...on the set of Scream where she was channeling Edward Scissorhands and her MTV Doesn't Really Matter performance look that she snatched from Sleepy Hollow. 

To be honest Janet's been channeling Catwoman...she did it with that car ad that was directed by Spike Lee during All For You and her whole Discipline black vinyl look complete with the whip...like I said I Stan for both and Ive always looked for similarities between the two (Black Cat is my favorite Janet song)..so this just warms my voodoo soul. :rolleyes:

She is paying homage to both. Of course Janet is an Eartha Kitt Stan but like her good judy Gil (who stans for Tim Burton) she is a Tim Burton fan as well which is why she has several looks inspired by his work...on the set of Scream where she was channeling Edward Scissorhands and her MTV Doesn't Really Matter performance look that she snatched from Sleepy Hollow. 

To be honest Janet's been channeling Catwoman...she did it with that car ad that was directed by Spike Lee during All For You and her whole Discipline black vinyl look complete with the whip...like I said I Stan for both and Ive always looked for similarities between the two (Black Cat is my favorite Janet song)..so this just warms my voodoo soul. :rolleyes:

It's right up your cold dark alley. :shifty: 

• Upvote 1

It's the torn look with white stitching that resembles Tim Burton and Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal but nonetheless Eartha's rendition comes to mind and I actually think it would have been cool to see Janet wearing something closer to the vintage costume. 

Bc Janet looks like Eartha and is black :rolleyes: