#JJ12-Early Expectations/Speculations???

Lenzo88

We know new music is on its way very soon but what we don’t know is if it’ll be a completely new album or just a new song(s) to hold us over until her next album! I know we’re all excited for a new era/new music from Janet, especially since “Unbreakable” was such a triumphant return to form! But do you think Janet’s next album will hold up? Will it be an even better album since A LOT has changed since then? Here are my Expectations/Speculations over her next album!

1) Motherhood-Now that Janet is officially a Momma, we know there will be some songs centered around that, if not the album’s main theme.

2) More Socially Conscious Songs-I think Janet should once again take it further with her social commentary on modern day society. I say she takes the concept of State of the World Tour and reinvents it with more messages about police brutality against minorities, corrupt justice system, white supremacy, mass shootings, etc.

3) A New Sound-Janet experimented a lot with “Unbreakable” by not conforming much to modern day music expectations. She kept it old school with a contemporary twist by only dabbling with some new age sounding music here and there. I want Janet to explore other genres of music again, but also keeping that mix of old school Janet meets new school.

4) Open up about her marriage/divorce-We know the obligatory "ex" song is coming and considering how there's a chance those domestic abuse rumors might be true about Wissam, it will be interesting to see how she delivers a song about the falling out of that relationship.

5) A 2018 release date-3 years after "Unbreakable" seems like enough time for a new album and for Janet have recorded it in time for possibly a spring release?? We a possible European leg of her tour; it would be a great platform to promote the album with some new song incorporated into the show.

6) Album Title/Happier Janet-Lastly, I hope we hear a happier Janet on her next album as she seems to be in a very good place now and I know whatever the album is called, it will definitely be about where she is in her like now....maybe "New Again"? "Maternal Wounds?' 

But what are your guys expectations/speculations over a possible new album soon?? :)

• Upvote 1

6) Album Title/Happier Janet-Lastly, I hope we hear a happier Janet on her next album as she seems to be in a very good place now and I know whatever the album is called, it will definitely be about where she is in her like now....maybe "New Again"? "Maternal Wounds?' 

????

• Upvote 2

We know new music is on its way very soon but what we don’t know is if it’ll be a completely new album or just a new song(s) to hold us over until her next album! I know we’re all excited for a new era/new music from Janet, especially since “Unbreakable” was such a triumphant return to form! But do you think Janet’s next album will hold up? Will it be an even better album since A LOT has changed since then? Here are my Expectations/Speculations over her next album!

1) Motherhood-Now that Janet is officially a Momma, we know there will be some songs centered around that, if not the album’s main theme.

2) More Socially Conscious Songs-I think Janet should once again take it further with her social commentary on modern day society. I say she takes the concept of State of the World Tour and reinvents it with more messages about police brutality against minorities, corrupt justice system, white supremacy, mass shootings, etc.

3) A New Sound-Janet experimented a lot with “Unbreakable” by not conforming much to modern day music expectations. She kept it old school with a contemporary twist by only dabbling with some new age sounding music here and there. I want Janet to explore other genres of music again, but also keeping that mix of old school Janet meets new school.

4) Open up about her marriage/divorce-We know the obligatory "ex" song is coming and considering how there's a chance those domestic abuse rumors might be true about Wissam, it will be interesting to see how she delivers a song about the falling out of that relationship.

5) A 2018 release date-3 years after "Unbreakable" seems like enough time for a new album and for Janet have recorded it in time for possibly a spring release?? We a possible European leg of her tour; it would be a great platform to promote the album with some new song incorporated into the show.

But what are your guys expectations/speculations over a possible new album soon?? :)

I'm not convinced of a new album....when would she have the time to be in a studio with the tour, motherhood and healing the sick? Some new songs would be welcomed though...as would an experimental sound...rather, I hope that Jimmy & Terry do something different with input from a few other underground producers.

And I actually hope she addresses her marriage/current status with Wissam in the documentary...somehow. Maybe naively, but I still choose to believe he wasn't abusive to her. 

Janet had a traveling recording studio during pre-Unbreakable. 

I guess. But every artist talks about how gruelling touring is and I don't recall any talking of writing/recording an album whilst touring. I could be wrong...and our Mother is otherworldly but it seems like a lot.

Janet will not be coming out with an album anytime soon.  She'll finish the tour and be a mother to Eissa. I hope she tours Europe, South America(come to Brazil!), Asia, and Africa. 

Then, when she's out of the limelight, there will be another campaign for her whereabouts. :lmao:

• Upvote 2

what part was difficult for you? :filenails: nevermind, you doing too much

No that comment was...doing too much and kinda silly

First of all..we never ever hear ANYTHING from Terry when Janet is on tour, or even sitting right next to Jimmy during an interview. Terry is silent and moves quietly. His mouth and presence stays on mute. So he's eliminated from this (claim of yours) altogether. 

Jimmy gives his typical "It's a really really great show and her fans will love it" speech that he's been giving for the past 27 years for each and every Janet tour. So how was he more "present" during the Unbreakable tour??? Like.. Jimmy literally goes to see a couple of her shows for each tour then goes back home to Minneapolis while she stays on the road. I wouldn't call that being "present". 

Like Jimmy & Terry join Janet on her tour :lmao: pretty sure they made a date or two :lmao: that’s it. They don’t go to every show.. never have 

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 

They go to a few then disappear. I know Bailey can be odd but that was even too odd for Bailey...I didn't understand that one AT ALL 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I've been wondering much of the same!! One of the best sources for potential clues is an interview Kelly Alexander did with Jimmy Jam.  A few reminders--

a.  When asked about the tour preparation, Jimmy did go out of his way to say that they and Janet don't have to "gear up" for a project. They just go in the studio, and make it happen.  "Nowadays we just kind of hit the ground running".  

b. Then Jimmy talks about getting late night calls from Janet and Eissa.  He remarks that Janet's newfound place as a parent "inspires what I think are great musical ideas, hopefully the come out that way."  

c. Kelly follows up, asking if there is time for new music along with the tour.  Jimmy says "Will we have time?  Yes because we make time... we know what to do, we know how to do it... there's no learning curve or anything like that anymore."  

The interview was published back in June. Very subtle, but definitely indicating that some new music is ready to drop.         

• Upvote 1