Busta Rhymes Gushes Over Janet Jackson After Seeing Her Live for the First Time

Amy

I can’t believe he hasn’t seen her live before.

Busta Rhymes and Janet Jackson have known each other for decades -- but Busta only managed to see the “That’s the Way Love Goes” singer live for the first time this past Sunday (Nov. 19).

The duo even previously collaborated on the 1998 hit,“What’s It Gonna Be?,!” which peaked at No. 3 on the Hot 100. But the rapper's belated live attendance renewed his appreciation for the iconic performer. "I am losing my Janet Jackson live concert virginity tonight,” Busta told XXL after the show. “There's a new fan obsession that has transpired for me.”

The gushing didn’t end there. “Me being an artist myself, I'm super-inspired in a whole new way,” he continued. “She is probably the most incredible, timeless, God-sent talent that I've ever seen in my life -- I salute you queen!"

Busta isn’t the only music star to shout out Jackson recently. In September, Katy Perry covered Janet's Control classic “What Have You Done For Me Lately” when she kicked off her Witness tour in Montreal.

• Upvote 3

First time? Say what? I'm shocked at this for some reason. 

I could have swore he was at the TVR concert on HBO.. cus doing the Whimsical section at one point it sounds like Janet says "Hey,Busta.."

Busta Rhymes was not at the VR concert in NY however, she did say hey busta (A West Coast slang). If you recall Poetic Justice "who u calling a busta". LOL

First time? Say what? I'm shocked at this for some reason. 

I could have swore he was at the TVR concert on HBO.. cus doing the Whimsical section at one point it sounds like Janet says "Hey,Busta.." 

yeah that was the rumor back then but I do remember Busta and Janet talking during the "What's It Gonna Be?" shoot and he said something to Janet while she was talking about the Velvet Rope Tour and he said something like " and you tore the house down!".