New Song? (VIDEO)

Dal

It still almost went platinum so that's saying something.

Exactly! and to think "All Nite" the only semi-hit from Damita Jo wasn't even produced by Jam and Lewis. I wonder if all the Janet fans who claim to love the song actually know that since some think the album was a mess just because Janet worked with other producers. Feedback was a hit and Jam and Lewis had nothing to do with it. 

Almost doesn’t count... it wasn’t even Gold and It also didn’t touch Hot 100

Also Jimmy & Terry wrote on the song so to say they had nothing to do with it just proves you don’t know what you’re talking about

Adding things like “I’m sure”.. to describe your favorite tracks is a biased and flawed opinion ??‍♂️

Young Love was a hit and Jimmy/Terry had nothing to do with it

Edited by State of the Game

BUT it was a #1 Billboard Club play hit. While the other Viacom channels were paying her dust, I do remember this video heavily on rotation on VH1. Not that SC is representative of anywhere else, but I STILL hear ANDS at gay bars. On a personal note, I've enjoyed this song since the first time I heard it. It's fluff, but fluff with Janet's special touch and some of the best choreo from the Gil era.

• Upvote 3

Yeah trust me Feedback would've been much higher on the charts but Janet was still partially blacklisted from Radio and she waited too long to perform the single before release. It still almost went platinum so that's saying something.

Thank you! Like the beat alone didn't have people wanting to dance. Especially at the clubs when it played everybody was out on the dance floor.

Exactly! and to think "All Nite" the only semi-hit from Damita Jo wasn't even produced by Jam and Lewis. I wonder if all the Janet fans who claim to love the song actually know that since some think the album was a mess just because Janet worked with other producers. Feedback was a hit and Jam and Lewis had nothing to do with it. Now that I think about it it seems like Jimmy and Terry kind of kept Janet in a box and she got tired of it and wanted to explore other styles of music that she's been interested in for a long time. With Damita Jo it shows she wasn't afraid to explore and she finally took that chance. I also love "Sexhibition". I'm sure SloLove would've been a hit overseas. Thanks to Scott Storch and BAG & Arnthor we got good songs like "Island Life" and "SloLove". Sad to think if it were up to Jimmy those tracks would probably never exist simply because he didn't wanna share the studio with other producers.

Me too

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Almost doesn’t count... it wasn’t even Gold and It also didn’t touch Hot 100

Also Jimmy & Terry wrote on the song so to say they had nothing to do with it just proves you don’t know what you’re talking about

Adding things like “I’m sure”.. to describe your favorite tracks is a biased and flawed opinion ??‍♂️

Young Love was a hit and Jimmy/Terry had nothing to do with it

What are you talking about? Feedback went to no.19 on the Hot 100 and sold over 800,000 copies. Maybe you thought I was talking about All Nite but I wasn't cause I never cared for that song. Jimmy and Terry did not write on no damn "Feedback". I said they didn't produce on "All Nite". Producing and writing are 2 different things. Trying to be so smart but you can't even comprehend what I said correctly lol. Looks like you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. You a true Janet fan or nah?

credibility_zpsoyxfhsq0.jpg

What are you talking about? Feedback went to no.19 on the Hot 100 and sold over 800,000 copies. Maybe you thought I was talking about All Nite but I wasn't cause I never cared for that song.

Jimmy and Terry did not write on no damn "Feedback". I said they didn't produce on "All Nite". Producing and writing are 2 different things. Trying to be so smart but you can't even comprehend what I said correctly lol. Looks like you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. You a true Janet fan or nah?

This is getting difficult to follow. Yes I’m confusing AN(DS) with FB :asham: (to the almost Platinum comment you posted)

HOWEVER, my next three paragraphs were about AN(ds)/Damita Jo

You quoted a user talking about SloLove then went into this false tangent about AN(DS).. you said Jimmy & Terry had NOTHING to do with it (direct quote) when in fact they literally wrote the lyrics 

Also Jimmy & Terry produced Island Life so to state that they would cut it from the project is silly. 

I get your infatuation with SloLove but it’s not a favorite amongst the fans*.. I’m sorry to burst your bubble 

* - based on Kashi’s Spotify list, SloLove isn’t even on the list 

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/14745-janet-on-spotify/&page=2

Edited by State of the Game

BUT it was a #1 Billboard Club play hit. While the other Viacom channels were paying her dust, I do remember this video heavily on rotation on VH1. Not that SC is representative of anywhere else, but I STILL hear ANDS at gay bars. On a personal note, I've enjoyed this song since the first time I heard it. It's fluff, but fluff with Janet's special touch and some of the best choreo from the Gil era.

We’re pretending those matter? :unsure: 

Fluff indeed

This is getting difficult to follow. Yes I’m confusing AN(DS) with FB :asham: (to the almost Platinum comment you posted)

HOWEVER, my next three paragraphs were about AN(ds)/Damita Jo

You quoted a user talking about SloLove then went into this false tangent about AN(DS).. you said Jimmy & Terry had NOTHING to do with it (direct quote) when in fact they literally wrote the lyrics 

Also Jimmy & Terry produced Island Life so to state that they would cut it from the project is silly. 

I get your infatuation with SloLove but it’s not a favorite amongst the fans*.. I’m sorry to burst your bubble 

* - based on Kashi’s Spotify list, SloLove isn’t even on the list 

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/14745-janet-on-spotify/&page=2

that's a spotify list. That doesn't mean anything. I have spotify but I never listen to it. On the Janet forums especially Janet.club aka janet-xone SloLove is definitely a fan fave as well as on here too. There was also another Janet board that isn't as popular and SloLove was a fan fave on there too.

that's a spotify list. That doesn't mean anything. I have spotify but I never listen to it. On the Janet forums especially Janet.club aka janet-xone SloLove is definitely a fan fave as well as on here too. There was also another Janet board that isn't as popular and SloLove was a fan fave on there too.

The Spotify unbiased and is legit.. It’s fact. 

20 fans on random forums is not a good enough demographic to say that it’s a fan favorite. 

Based on Spotify spins, & SloLove gets no love ??‍♂️ Sorry to burst your bubble but facts are facts and I’m only here for facts

Shall I pull Last.Fm stats too? 

Rodney is literally the 2nd best producer (after Jimmy & Terry) to work with Janet and give her quality. I think Rodney is ...

1. A straight up fan of Janet.

2. He studies.

If you listen to the magic he created for Brandy's best selling album "Never Say Never" ..you can hear how he had Brandy stacking her backgrounds to mimic Janet's well talked about superb harmonies. In fact I believe TVR album (which came out the year before) was a direct muse for how he wanted to arrange Brandy's harmonies. On one of the songs he even sampled a song off the TVR. Now as a result Brandy's harmonies are highly praised and it's because she borrowed a page out of Janet's book. Hell, Brandy juss did an interview discussing how Janet has the best harmonies and some of the best melodies she's ever her in music.

• Upvote 5

Rodney is literally the 2nd best producer (after Jimmy & Terry) to work with Janet and give her quality. I think Rodney is ...

1. A straight up fan of Janet.

2. He studies.

this.

plus, I’ve always felt like he brought a more updated “Jackson” sound to his tracks he did with Janet. I think partially because he worked so extensively with Mike, and considering they both were hugely influenced by him from the jump, made it a more natural progression/transition going from JJ/TL to Darkchild (as opposed to, say, JD to Darkchild).

• Upvote 2

this.

plus, I’ve always felt like he brought a more updated “Jackson” sound to his tracks he did with Janet. I think partially because he worked so extensively with Mike, and considering they both were hugely influenced by him from the jump, made it a more natural progression/transition going from JJ/TL to Darkchild (as opposed to, say, JD to Darkchild).

Rollercoaster :coffee: Other than that.... He did give her a modern sound. 

He also wrote Curtains ^_^ 

Rollercoaster :coffee: Other than that.... He did give her a modern sound. 

He also wrote Curtains ^_^ 

yea I don’t like rollercoaster very much.. never did.. don’t like her yelp add-libs and her drowned out vocals.. sounds too frantic and all over the place (like a rollerco—.....ooooh..)

• Upvote 1