ET: Janet Headed to London for Xmas; Possibly Tour Europe/Asia

http://www.etonline.com/how-janet-jackson-celebrating-baby-eissas-first-christmas-exclusive-92482

Janet Jackson's first Christmas with son Eissa will be in London.

A source close to the 51-year-old singer tells ET that following the conclusion of her State of the World Tour  on Dec. 17, Jackson will take her 11-month-old son with estranged husband Wissam Al Mana to England for the holidays, opting not to stay with the rest of the Jackson family in Los Angeles.

The source says Al Mana allowed Jackson to take their son on tour and now he wants his son back home for the holidays and possibly longer, adding, “Now that the tour is over they [Jackson and Al Mana] can move forward with their divorce and possibly a very contentious custody battle. The couple will be using a mediator for the time being."

The source also shares that Jackson has already started buying gifts for Eissa, saying, “Being a mother is her greatest gift. It’s made her blissful and brought her a joy she never knew before."

"She’s going to take a break for the holidays and look to take the State of the World Tour to Europe and Asia in 2018,” the source adds, noting, "This tour has made her extremely happy and Janet feels 20 years younger. She loves the adulation and the response from her fans."

And Eissa better bundle up! ET previously reported that the little guy spent Thanksgiving with the Jackson family in Los Angeles, where the weather topped 90 degrees. Safe to say... London will probably be a bit chillier.

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

I hope Europe an Asia get to see SOTW,  it is epic especially at this time I'm her career. It is truly a tour designed with '' real fans '' in mind. I enjoyed the change up of the slow medley section and I never thought I would hear 24play and Island Life,  live so props to Gil for pushing her to change up the line up! Everything flowed well, she has so many hits! My only knock would be that maybe when she performs the deep cuts or newer song like Black Eagle she could engage the audience and say this is for the real fans or something of why Black Eagle is important to her, very brief but I think it engages the audience at those points where the general populace may be lost. But I loved the tour 110% it went by so quickly !

If Janet was really gonna take the tour overseas, why wouldn't she have hinted to picking the tour back up next year by now with a "see you guys next year with the 2nd leg of the tour" or something? Idk. Janet and her ppl sound very convincing as of now that this is THE END of the tour, not just the end of a leg of the tour.

If Janet was really gonna take the tour overseas, why wouldn't she have hinted to picking the tour back up next year by now with a "see you guys next year with the 2nd leg of the tour" or something? Idk. Janet and her ppl sound very convincing as of now that this is THE END of the tour, not just the end of a leg of the tour.

I really do think that she and her team don't want to do that until they have all the dates and her personal situation worked out.  But one thing's for sure... the Europe leg of the tour should be easier for Janet in some ways because she'll be closer to her home base of London.  For the family and fans' sake, let's hope they can all work things out in short order.  

In the meantime, let's also hope for some sort of SOTW DVD or Documentary which would help to sustain interest in the tour!!  

I really do think that she and her team don't want to do that until they have all the dates and her personal situation worked out.  But one thing's for sure... the Europe leg of the tour should be easier for Janet in some ways because she'll be closer to her home base of London.  For the family and fans' sake, let's hope they can all work things out in short order.  

In the meantime, let's also hope for some sort of SOTW DVD or Documentary which would help to sustain interest in the tour!!  

well yeah, this could be true. I hope that's the case cus I do wanna see the tour continue. Her overseas audience has been getting shitted on here and there for years now, ever since A4U ...

The fans deserve to see her overseas.  Will they be willing to pay to see her is the question for all the "cancellations" and whatnot.

if she goes overseas they need to be really smart with their venue choices and stick to main/capital cities

Do we know if the Netflix documentary is actually happening? 

Yes, sort of. Fans attending shows are being interviewed and we have seen camera guys in some of the behind the scenes stuff but there has been no official confirmation from Janet or Netflix.

• Upvote 1

if she goes overseas they need to be really smart with their venue choices and stick to main/capital cities

Exactly! I was surprised the venues and cities they choose for the Unbreakable tour in the UK. Two dates in London will be enough, people outside London can travel if they want to see her, it's not that far.

Even though I was lucky to see the SOTW in New York I will definitely be buying tickets again if she comes to the UK. Hope it's true!

• Upvote 2