The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

The "Other News" Thread

normal_IMG_0043.jpg

"...People gather 'round, at the Lenox Lounge..." B)

In an effort to keep the Janet section as clutter-free as possible, I made this thread for us to post minor Janet news, articles, mentions, etc that doesn't really need a whole thread.

Joejoe, I expect nearly all of your threads to be merged into here. :coffee:

Also, if you have a catchier title for this thread, let me know. :unsure:

Women Who Rock: Vision, Passion, Power

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will open a groundbreaking and provocative new exhibit that will illustrate the important roles women have played in rock and roll, from its inception through today. Women Who Rock: Vision, Passion, Power will highlight the flashpoints, the firsts, the best, the celebrated -- and sometimes lesser-known women -- who moved rock and roll music and the American culture forward.

Causing a Commotion: Madonna and the Pop Explosion

Madonna unapologetically celebrated and monetized her sexuality and physicality, paving the way for female performers to explore previously taboo roles and take control of their image and career. Highlighted artists will include Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani and Janet Jackson.

http://rockhall.com/exhibits/women-who-rock/

True You rankings as of 2/12 5:15 AM EST:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #120 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

#1 in Books > Health, Mind & Body > Self-Help > Self-Esteem

#6 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Rich & Famous

#14 in Books > Health, Mind & Body > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets

http://www.amazon.com/True-You-Journey-Finding-Yourself/dp/1416587241/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297505637&sr=1-1

Barnes & Nobles Top Sellers

55. True You by Janet Jackson (Hardcover)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Bestseller-Books/379001057/?start=51&cds2Pid=17351

• 3 weeks later...

'Glee' could cover more Michael, Janet _ and ABBA

(AP) – Mar 3, 2011

NEW YORK (AP) — Scream!

The cast of "Glee" could be planning a Michael or Janet Jackson tribute — that's if "Glee" star Amber Riley can get her way.

"I think it would be prolific for us to do Janet Jackson," said Riley, who stars as divalike glee club member Mercedes Jones.

Riley also said a tribute to the King of Pop is overdue.

"We did a mini tribute to Michael Jackson, but we really want to do a full tribute to Michael Jackson because his music is so timeless, so we really want to touch (on) that," she said.

The cast's sixth CD, "Glee: The Music, Vol. 5," will be out on Tuesday. It will feature covers of Michael's "Thriller" and "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)," as well as the original songs "Loser Like Me" and "Get It Right," a first for the Grammy-nominated act.

Adam Anders, the show's executive music producer, is more interested in covering "some ABBA because I'm Swedish."

"That would be a lot of fun (and I) love the harmonies," he said.

Anders also said it "would be really cool" to remake the 1983 No. 1 song "Africa" from rock group Toto.

The cast of the Fox TV series will kick off a 16-city North American tour on May 21 through June 18; they'll tour Europe for five dates in late June. The cast currently leads with most songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with 120 entries.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iWJbDwUsccvfPIR0bXgwha2n_lOQ?docId=b88e2aeb19e840bebe8e76ba7fa0c459

Rumor

"On CW radio this morning, the lovely Richard D. Beckman who produces the show hinted that a famous jackson sister will be receiving the "Century" award and the show is planning something for her.

[kendallamc of J|X]

There might be some truth to this:

@danamo @bwerde The Billboard Music Awards are coming back? its been so long! Janet should perform since she has a RECORD 33 awards!

@danamo @bwerde The Billboard Music Awards are coming back? its been so long! Janet should perform since she has a RECORD 33 awards!

— Justin (@ExecutiveJus)

February 19, 2011

The response:

@ExecutiveJus 5/22! Good thought on Janet.

— Bill Werde (@bwerde)

February 19, 2011

2wdsnqd.png

:tear:

Rumor

"On CW radio this morning, the lovely Richard D. Beckman who produces the show hinted that a famous jackson sister will be receiving the "Century" award and the show is planning something for her.

[kendallamc of J|X]

There might be some truth to this:

The response:

2wdsnqd.png

:tear:

3038gpg-vi.gif