• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Other News Thread

358 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Years ago Empty would have been at least at 7

Posted · Report post

We have to start taking mental and behavior health much more seriously in the Black community. Because if we don't, this is what happens. -_-

I hope you feel better!!! Rest up and listen to TVR again :) 

Posted · Report post

I hope you feel better!!! Rest up and listen to TVR again :) 

I was going to suggest to you the same based on that ranking!

Posted · Report post

11. Empty

12. Can't Be Stopped

13. Anything

14. Tonight's the Night

15. Rope Burn

16. Special

Posted · Report post

We have to start taking mental and behavior health much more seriously in the Black community. Because if we don't, this is what happens. -_-

a true bitch! :lmao: 

Posted · Report post

1. Velvet Rope

2. Got Til It's Gone

3.  You

4. What About

5. I Get Lonely

6. Go Deep

7. Free Xone

8. My Need

9. Together Again

10. Every Time

My list keeps changing....

Actually I'd put Empty at 8 and bump the rest down

Posted · Report post

I was going to suggest to you the same based on that ranking!

Where your ranking Ms. Shade  :umm: 

Posted · Report post

Where your ranking Ms. Shade  :umm: 

1. You

2. What About

3. Empty (I don't really care for this song, but I can't deny it's top 5)

4/5. Got Til It's Gone

4/5. Anything

6. I Get Lonely

7. Together Again

8. Free Xone

9. Velvet Rope

10. Can't Be Stopped

11. Special

12. Go Deep

13. Rope Burn 

14. My Need

15. Everytime

16. Tonight's The Night

This might change over time, and I need a bit more time to really think. But the top 10 is pretty solid. 11 - 16 could use some rearranging.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Decent... but needs work....#4/5 & #8 needs to get out the top ten

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

And yet, she can't get inducted into the RRHOF.

JtHtDnF.gif

I will admit this is probably not the best reasoning to induct Janet, but it occurs to me often, if they just put her in she would be the last Jackson they would have any considerations of, why she isn't getting in is a mystery, probably a lot of industry politics, but mostly Janet is underrated, she has been for a long time not truly appreciated.

Posted · Report post

MY TURN!

1. Anything (remember when Janet Jackson invented sex?)

2. Online/Empty/Full

3. You

4. Got 'Til It's Gone

5. I Get Lonely

6. Special

7. What About

8.Velvet Rope

9. Go Deep

10. Together Again

11. Tonight's The Night (I legit fell in love with this song just because I cant listen to I get lonley with out the "Please dont leave. I don't wanna be left all alone...")

12. Free Xone

13. My Need

14. Rope Burn

15. Every Time (Legit the only song I'll skip from time to time)

Posted · Report post

1. Anything

2. Got til it's Gone

3. Can't Be Stopped

4. You (one of her most brilliantly written songs)

5. I Get Lonely

6. Empty

7. Together Again

8. Special

9. What's About

10. Velvet Rope

11. Go Deep

12. My Need (this was hard to not bump up)

13. Rope Burn (want to bump this up too)

14. Free Xone

15. Every Time

16. Tonight's the Night 

Despite the order this album is perfect. But I think this is my list. 

Posted · Report post

Y'all giving Anything a BIT too much

Posted · Report post

:lmao: Anything is an album filler and people are eating it. That’s like putting Feel so Right or This Body at #1 on other albums 

Posted · Report post

:lmao: Anything is an album filler and people are eating it. That’s like putting Feel so Right or This Body at #1 on other albums 

Anything is completely underrated just like the entire DJ album excluding Thinking Bout My EX

Here goes nothing!

1. Got Til It's Gone
  2. My Need
  3. You
  4. Velvet Rope
  5. Anything
  6. I Get Lonely
  7. What About
  8. Together again
  9. Rope Burn
  10. Free Xone
  11. Special
  12. Empty
  13. Go Deep
  14. Every Time
  15. Tonight the night

Posted · Report post

Decent... but needs work....#4/5 & #8 needs to get out the top ten

It's not decent, it's immaculate. B)

This is hate speech.

Posted · Report post

It's not decent, it's immaculate. B)

This is hate speech.

lmao!

Posted (edited) · Report post

You must be outta q-tips. "Anything" is one of Janet's best sexual/slow songs. I would be more worried about why on Earth "Special" is ranking so high :blink: that should be towards the END of everyones list. That song is a MJ sappy save the world,children and trees ..throw away snooze fest type of track. No disrespect to the message but... who actually sits through that song???

Edited by janetDAYZ

Posted · Report post

You must be outta q-tips. "Anything" is one of Janet's best sexual/slow songs. I would be more worried about why on Earth "Special" is ranking so high :blink: that should be towards the END of everyones list. That song is a MJ sappy save the world,children and trees ..throw away snooze fest type of track. No disrespect to the message but... who actually sits through that song???

Hmmmm it’s repetitve and cute but not her best. Def not top five or ten contender from that respective album. 

Special is awesome and more self reflecting than hippie 

Posted · Report post

1. I Get Lonely

2. You

3. Together Again

4. My Need

5. Got Til It's Gone

6. The Velvet Rope

7. Go Deep

8. Everytime

9.  Rope Burn

10.Anything

11. Whatabout

12. Free Xone

13. Special

14. Empty

15. Can't Be Stopped

16.Tonight's The Night

Posted · Report post

The correct order of Chapter 6 of the Book of Janhova:

Empty

You

The Velvet Rope

I Get Lonely

Together Again

Tonight's The Night

Anything

What About

Got Till It's Gone

Go Deep

Rope Burn

My Need

Every Time

Can't Be Stopped

Free Xone

Special

61OVJzE.gif

Posted · Report post

Why in the hell are y'all ranking "Empty" so high? It would probably barely make it into the top 10 for me

Posted · Report post

Why in the hell are y'all ranking "Empty" so high? It would probably barely make it into the top 10 for me

Empty was ahead of its time we gotta give it ha Propers 

Anything is in the running for Janet's best sex song and it is honestly R&B candy and VRY relevant to what today's R&B gives

Posted · Report post

Lyrics. Production. Subject matter still relevant today. 

MiZBI9h.gif

Posted · Report post

Lyrics. Production. Subject matter still relevant today. 

MiZBI9h.gif

oh ok cause bop wise it's a no