The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

1. Anything
2. My Need
3. You (I think this is objectively the best track on the album, and her best written song ever, but the other 2 have a special place with me)
4. Empty
5. What About
6. I Get Lonely
7. Can't Be Stopped
8. Velvet Rope
9. Free Xone
10. Every Time
11. Go Deep
12. Together Again
13. Rope Burn
14. Got Til It's Gone
15. Special
16. Tonight's the Night

The correct order of Chapter 6 of the Book of Janhova:

Empty

You

The Velvet Rope

I Get Lonely

Together Again

Tonight's The Night

Anything

What About

Got Till It's Gone

Go Deep

Rope Burn

My Need

Every Time

Can't Be Stopped

Free Xone

Special

61OVJzE.gif

This is actually outlawed in about 30 states. 

1. Anything
2. My Need
3. You (I think this is objectively the best track on the album, and her best written song ever, but the other 2 have a special place with me)
4. Empty
5. What About
6. I Get Lonely
7. Can't Be Stopped
8. Velvet Rope
9. Free Xone
10. Every Time
11. Go Deep
12. Together Again
13. Rope Burn
14. Got Til It's Gone
15. Special
16. Tonight's the Night

Lemme see if I can find those lies....

giphy.webp

• Upvote 3

Best song Janet ever written and it loses to two filler tracks, one being a repetitve, sappy baby making song  :wacko: y’all Bull shitting

Anything is great and all but a key track? You don’t recommend TVR to someone and be like “Yo! ‘Anything’ is the song you’re gonna love instantly”

I refuse to take verses and entire chapters from the Velvet Quran and create a list attempting to rank any of the commandments of all things holy and anointed by Janhova. -_- Blasphemy here <_<  I will give the tracks that I love in no particular order

Velvet Rope

You

GTIT

My Need

Go Deep

What About

I get Lonely

Rope Burn

Anything

Edited by Bailey.

Best song Janet ever written and it loses to two filler tracks, one being a repetitve, sappy baby making song  :wacko: y’all Bull shitting

Anything is great and all but a key track? You don’t recommend TVR to someone and be like “Yo! ‘Anything’ is the song you’re gonna love instantly”

GHJGJKHGJK you are so dense sometimes.

I'm SCREAMING at how vulnerable Janet is on Anything and you are just writing it off as baby making go away. 

That desperate whisper at the beginning alone is a book ACK (I just wanna please you. I'll do anything for you. Anything....)

• Upvote 1

Y'all old! If any one can tell me of an album so diverse in subject matter that sounds and moves as a body of work. Like the sequencing of the album is PERFECT (ignoring Every Time) and the cohesion is just....ACK. 

AND SHE FUCKING TIES IT ALL TOGETHER AT THE END. AND IT'S NOT NECESSARILY A HAPPY ONE. BUT SHE LEADS YOU TO THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. SHE STARTS A JOURNEY AND THEN SHE FINISHES OMG.

I'm glad that most of us put Tonight's the Night at, or near, the bottom of the list. I've read a lot of write ups concerning the Velvet Rope and several of them have brought up the song because she starts singing to a girl. I've always felt the song to be filler, and it could have been cut off the album.

I'm also very happy that most of us acknowledge "Anything" for being the great track that it is. I love it.

• Upvote 2

I would have liked to read some articles stated how Janet sampled the theme from The Exorcist movie..what black pop act would dare do that at the time?...no one. The fact that the title track samples a movie about exorcising your demons as she explores exactly that on the album...these hoes ain't on her level, not a one of them!

• Upvote 2

I would have liked to read some articles stated how Janet sampled the theme from The Exorcist movie..what black pop act would dare do that at the time?...no one. The fact that the title track samples a movie about exorcising your demons as she explores exactly that on the album...these hoes ain't on her level, not a one of them!

She did what? :blink: