The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

Janet Jackson: Celebrity Style Evolution

janet-jackson.jpg?w=600

"Ms. Jackson if you're nasty!"

Janet Jackson is definitely the most fashionable member of her famous family!

Having sold over 140 million records, she is ranked as one of the best-selling artists in the history of contemporary music. The Recording Industry Association of America lists her as the eleventh best-selling female artist in the United States, with 26 million certified albums. In 2012, Billboard declared her the seventh most successful female artist of the past 20 years, the ninth most successful overall, and was previously ranked second during the mid-decade. Jackson also holds a record of over 30 Billboard Awards and is the only artist in history to receive Grammy nominations spanning five different genres.

Janet has showed off many looks in her career, which spans over three decades. From red curls to long straight locks and power suits, to belly (and on one memorable occasion even more) baring stage costumes, the pop icon is a chameleon when it comes to her style.

We are taking a glance back at some of Janet's most memorable looks over the years. Click the slideshow above and let us know which one is your fave.

http://www.fashionns...e-evolution.htm

Singer James DeBarge, ex-husband to Janet Jackson, arrested for drug possession

LOS ANGELES Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:56am EDT

(Reuters) - R&B singer James DeBarge, who was briefly married to Janet Jackson in the 1980s, was arrested for drug possession in Los Angeles, police said on Friday.

Police took DeBarge, 50, into custody on Thursday on suspicion of possessing methamphetamine, said Los Angeles police spokeswoman Officer Norma Eisenman.

Eisenman could release no further details on his arrest, but DeBarge was listed as being held with no bail at a Los Angeles Police Department jail.

In 2011, DeBarge was convicted in Los Angeles County of possession of a controlled substance, according to the local District Attorney's Office.

A representative for DeBarge could not be located.

He was part of the sibling group DeBarge, a Motown act that in the 1980s had hits with songs such as "Rhythm of the Night" and "Who's Holding Donna Now?"

In 1984, he married singer Janet Jackson, the sister of Michael Jackson, but the marriage was annulled the following year.

Last month, DeBarge was photographed going for lunch in Beverly Hills with Conrad Murray, the former personal physician to Michael Jackson who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the pop superstar's 2009 death from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/28/us-usa-james-debarge-idUSKBN0DE0P820140428

• 2 weeks later...

Cole Escola, Nadia Quinn, and John Early to Celebrate Janet Jackson

Cole Escola, Nadia Quinn, and John Early have been announced as the guests who will be on hand to celebrate the career of pop diva Janet Jackson at the next installment

The Meeting, hosted by Justin Sayre. The event will take place at the Public Theater's Joe's Pub on May 18 at 9:30pm. Additional guests are to be announced.

A combination of outrageous comedy, politics, and cultural commentary, The Meeting features an iconic artist or cultural work held in high esteem by the gay community. Honorees are selected by the show's creator, writer, and host Justin Sayre, who brings in additional guest performers to add to the evening's program.

Upcoming 2014 shows include Night of a Thousand Judys on June 16. This concert presentation of The Meeting benefiting Ali Forney Center will return for its fourth annual installment. In its first three years, these Judy Garland tributes starred diverse talent such as Martha Wash, Carolee Carmello, Justin Vivian Bond, Madeleine Peyroux, Karen Mason, Tonya Pinkins, and more.

http://www.theaterma...brat_68531.html

• 1 month later...

That's a sign but Jimmy tweets are nothing right?

Producers can say anything...like when they say [insert artists name] album is going to be the best ever...and it ends up being Born This Way/Lotus.... Getting verified i.e. getting the admin shit in order is a sign that someone somewhere is actually preparing things. Kind of like when an artists site goes down before they 'comeback' because it's getting revamped etc, Off course it could just mean Terri (if she's still working for Janet) or someone sent a request in years ago or something and it finally got approved :rolleyes:.

Girl on the right is Terri...Janet's PA since TVR I think :wub:

265065_2214018278426_2954425_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Producers can say anything...like when they say [insert artists name] album is going to be the best ever...and it ends up being Born This Way/Lotus.... Getting verified i.e. getting the admin shit in order is a sign that someone somewhere is actually preparing things. Kind of like when an artists site goes down before they 'comeback' because it's getting revamped etc, Off course it could just mean Terri (if she's still working for Janet) or someone sent a request in years ago or something and it finally got approved :rolleyes:.

Girl on the right is Terri...Janet's PA since TVR I think :wub:

I don't think him saying "it'll be worth the wait" and "... Pending Janet news" is the same say producers hyping an album :blink:

It doesn't take years to verify someone on a social media site.. It takes literally, minutes.. same day I'm sure

Don't sweeten me up with a photo of you with Janet's help :umm: *goes to play If *

I don't think him saying "it'll be worth the wait" and "... Pending Janet news" is the same say producers hyping an album :blink:

It doesn't take years to verify someone on a social media site.. It takes literally, minutes.. same day I'm sure

Don't sweeten me up with a photo of you with Janet's help :umm: *goes to play If *

"It'll be worth the wait" is hyping to be honest. "It'll be worth the wait"... *waits...CD comes out, plays and listens to Discipline part 2...feels disappointed...again*.... 

It can take a long time :umm:. I know of some lessor artists who struggled to get verified for a while. 

She said she'd tell Janet that it was my first ever show of hers :wub:. I'm sure she did and that's why Janet blew me kisses and stuff 176670_o.gif