The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

Post what she said :rolleyes:

Sorry.. I posted this at 1am.. I was tired... Please don't make me watch it again :sigh: I hate E!

They played a game called "So true or So false" (gag) and the question was "When you were dancing on tour with Janet Jackson, you guys would go to strip clubs after your shows, So true or so false?"

And the former Kid goes "Mmmhmm So True.. Lots of strip clubs all over the world"

Sorry.. I posted this at 1am.. I was tired... Please don't make me watch it again :sigh: I hate E!

They played a game called "So true or So false" (gag) and the question was "When you were dancing on tour with Janet Jackson, you guys would go to strip clubs after your shows, So true or so false?"

And the former Kid goes "Mmmhmm So True.. Lots of strip clubs all over the world"

Aah ok :lol:! I always liked Jenna ^_^

• 1 year later...

Fall Music Preview 2015: 30 Must-Hear Albums

Janet Jackson
Christopher Polk/BET/Getty

Title: Unbreakable

Date: TBD

"No Sleeep," a quiet-storm jam featuring rapper J. Cole that Jackson released in June, is a sign of where she's heading on her first album since 2008's Discipline.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/fall-music-preview-2015-30-must-hear-albums-20150902#ixzz3kjXnntQO 
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

19 Artists Who Have Gotten Naked, Or Nearly Naked, For Their Album Covers

1. Janet Jackson: Janet

5fe92587913197061cf38e1ab0e0d306ca38534d

The full image of this iconic photo appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone in 1993 with Janet’s then husband covering her breasts. It marked her fifth album and the point where she felt completley comfortable in her body, which is evident with her single and video for “That’s The Way Love Goes.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/2265539/19-artists-selena-gomez-katy-perry-naked-album-cover/?xrs=_s.fb_main

• 1 month later...

Rumoured for X Factor. The Sun has the tea on X Factor because they're in cahoots with Simon/Syco. X Factor live shows start this weekend I think. It usually finishes around 2 weeks before Christmas. 

========================================================

Ellie had previously been tipped to appear on the X Factor as part of Simon Cowell's 'wishlist' of guest performers.

Other names were said to include Adele, Janet Jackson and Rihanna.

Read more: http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/236962-x-factor-live-shows-little-mix-and-ellie-goulding-to-perform-next-weekend.html#ixzz3plilvoZM 
Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

Edited by Dammn Bu

As much as he and  I  don't get along, I will admit that he is a very intelligent person. I don't know what the fuck his problem has been lately.

Because Janet has just been a complete waste this era. Just so many missed opportunities, dumb decisions, and overall fuck ups. And ignore game, I don't now, nor will I ever, stan for Beyonce.

• Downvote 1

Um....you do know the era is supposed to last 3 years right? You really think it's a good idea to be everywhere & do everything at once, and then expect that to just do the work for the next 2 years? Excluding the #1's era there hasn't been a era that extended even a single year since the album release date since The Velvet Rope. She's playing an entirely different game now. We can deny it all we want but we all really on some level wanted this era to have the effect Adele & Hello is having right now, but the truth is it's not needed, she likely was aware of all the many things she could've done for bigger numbers, to make No Sleep and Burnitup potential top 20's on the  Hot 100, but she chose not too, for reasons we don't know. It's only a bad decision or a fuckup if you're counting on those big numbers or counting on the traditional way, otherwise it's strategic and could be legendary and another case of her making her own lane.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 4

Um....you do know the era is supposed to last 3 years right? You really think it's a good idea to be everywhere & do everything at once, and then expect that to just do the work for the next 2 years? Excluding the #1's era there hasn't been a era that extended even a single year since the album release date since The Velvet Rope. She's playing an entirely different game now. We can deny it all we want but we all really on some level wanted this era to have the effect Adele & Hello is having right now, but the truth is it's not needed, she likely was aware of all the many things she could've done for bigger numbers, to make No Sleep and Burnitup potential top 20's on the  Hot 100, but she chose not too, for reasons we don't know. It's only a bad decision or a fuckup if you're counting on those big numbers or counting on the traditional way, otherwise it's strategic and could be legendary and another case of her making her own lane.

He's use to his fav throwing out an album near Xmas and the touring 

• Upvote 2

Austin, you are exaggerating this beyond drama queen status. I wouldn't call it a waste, or a fuck up? That's quite the stretch! She definitely is moving frustratingly slow. The only reason I've been bitching about it, is because of my love for her, her art, and her music. There have been zero fuck ups. There have actually just been zero performances, and television promos. I will always have faith in Janet, and I see her point. She's not whoring herself. I respect that. However, I wish she would have at least provided, an upbeat video. Anywho, I'm not going to keep rehashing what I've been bitching about. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about when you say she's made fuck ups. Can you elaborate?

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

if the strategy is long term, as they have said it was, it doesnt make sense to rollout everything now, just because impatient fans are saying they want this or that. Jarryl had it right, we are going to have to wait. I think Austin is being too harsh because between Janet and her team I have a hard time thinking they dont have a clue, that doesnt make sense

we need to have some gratitude folks, this woman disappeared on us so tough you couldnt get so much as a picture of her, now we have an album and a full scale arena tour, yet folks are bitching? I keep going back to May 15, 2015 when we didnt have shit on the table okay and some prayers that we might get a b-day pic....ya'll sound ungrateful as hell....and she delivered her best work in over a decade

Edited by Bailey
  • Upvote 3

She might reschedule.

I have a major problem with this point of view. I don't think Janet's made any major errors this era and I think it's extremely petty to hold cancellations and postponements over her head. I also don't think she's overexerting herself with the tour.

What I feel strongly is that we as fans overthink every single thing.

• Upvote 5

Austin, you are exaggerating this beyond drama queen status. I wouldn't call it a waste, or a fuck up? That's quite the stretch! She definitely is moving frustratingly slow. The only reason I've been bitching about it, is because of my love for her, her art, and her music. There have been zero fuck ups. There have actually just been zero performances, and television promos. I will always have faith in Janet, and I see her point. She's not whoring herself. I reapect that. However, I wish she would have at least provided, an upbeat video. Anywho, I'm not going to keep rehashing what I've been bitching about. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about when you say she's made fuck ups. Can you elaborate?

Edit:

This post has been reschedule to 7:30 PM EST. 

• Upvote 1