The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

I guess. So Excited had Fab recorded for the BB performance now that I think about it

Im not even talking about award show performances :lol:  ...,she has actually done it for tours before like i was stating. Think back. She had Carly Simon recorded for the A4U tour. She had QTip, Nelly and Dave Navarro recorded for the Rockwitchu tour,, did you forget?

Edited by janetDAYZ

Im not even talking about award show performances :lol:  ...,she has actually done it for tours before like i was stating. Think back. She had Carly Simon recorded for the A4U tour. She had QTip, Nelly and Dave Navarro recorded for the Rockwitchu tour,, did you forget?

Dude my memory is awful these days :lol:. Too much going on.

• 1 year later...

Didn't feel like making a whole thread.

Rock Hall to announce nominees for Class of 2018 on Thursday

Updated on October 2, 2017 at 1:53 PMPosted on October 2, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Tom Morello, left, and Zack de la Rocha of Rage Against The Machine. The 1990s/2000s rap-metal band is a solid bet for this year's Rock Hall ballot. But who will join them?
Tom Morello, left, and Zack de la Rocha of Rage Against The Machine. The 1990s/2000s rap-metal band is a solid bet for this year's Rock Hall ballot. Butwho will join them?(Branimir Kvartuc)

45shares

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The wait is almost over...And what better place than here, what better time than now?

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has confirmed it will announce the nominees for the Class of 2018 on Thursday, Oct. 5.

Cleveland has an invested interest in this year's ballot, considering the 33rd Annual Induction Ceremony will take place at Public Hall on April 14.

Among the leading contenders to earn nominations are newly eligible bands Radiohead and Rage Against The Machine, along with previously nominated artists like Janet Jackson, The Smiths, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J and Nine Inch Nails.

The announcement will be made on Sirius XM VOLUME's morning show "Feedback" at 8 a.m., live from the Cleveland museum. "Feedback" is hosted by Nik Carter (NOT of the Backstreet Boys) and Lori Majewski. The event is not open to the public.

Thursday will also mark the launch annual Fan Vote, which you'll be able to participate in through cleveland.com and other sites. The five to seven acts that will make up the Class of 2018 will be announced some time in December, the Rock Hall stated.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/10/announcement.html

When do they announce the winners?

December 20

Janet Jackson

Is the third time the charm for Janet Jackson (That's Miss Jackson, if you're nasty)? She's been nominated each of the past two years and a third nomination looks likely. And you have to figure a star of her magnitude has been close to getting in. Right?

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

The arseholes didn't include her WTF!!!

Janet Jackson is another big name that, after being nominated the past two years, shockingly didn't make the cut. The pop star's 2018 "State of the World Tour" would likely have ensured a performance at next year's Rock Hall ceremony had Ms. Jackson earned induction.

• Upvote 1

So much to celebrate though.  Janet's new music and documentary are on the way, and she's absolutely killing the game on a near sell-out tour.  The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame will come crying to her soon enough after the outcry from this year.  I believe it.  

Hoping Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Rufus/ Chaka Khan get in this year, so I will be supporting them.  But the games and dumbness need to end.  

• Upvote 1

that's questionable because she doesn't seem to care about anything related to the industry. She don't give a damn about the Grammys, maybe she doesn't care about this either who knows with her

She does. She's just very passive aggressive with it. I see it, because it takes one to know one. -_-

• Upvote 1