The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

‘So, I made it to Harvard’: Rihanna accepts Humanitarian of the Year award with a hair flip

APTOPIX_Harvard_Rihanna_71808-d7667.jpg&

“The pop star and fashion icon we all know as Rihanna has headlined award shows, fashion magazines and bejeweled flask memes,” one student announcer said, referring to photos of the singer at this year’s Grammy award show with a flask coated in tiny jewels. “Today we are writing a different headline, and that’s Rihanna the humanitarian.”

She has used her wealth, influence and global reach to advocate for access to health care and education and speak for women and girls.

rihanna animated GIF

She said she was “incredibly humbled” to be named Humanitarian of the Year, a title bestowed upon such leaders as gender-rights advocate Malala Yousafzai and workers-rights activist Dolores Huerta.

She explained that her drive to help others began as a young girl in Barbados where she would watch television commercials showing children suffering across the world, the ones that ask for a 25 cent donation to save a life.

Rihanna wondered, she said Tuesday, “how many 25 cents” she could collect to “save all the kids in Africa.”

“I would say to myself, when I grow up and I can get rich, I’m going to save kids all over the world,” she said. “I just didn’t know I would be in the position to do that by the time I was a teenager.”

In the decade since, she has served as an ambassador to the UNICEF Tap Project, which raises money for clean drinking water, and the Global Partnership for Education and Global Citizen Project, which helps children, particularly girls, get an education in over 60 developing countries.

Washington Post

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

......shes officially a decent actress.....shes real decent on Bates Motel, like shes very captivating and I was worried that they were giving her such a reverred role (the famous Janet Leigh/the shower scene character), but GOD, Im believing her in this and shes serving those emotions nicely. Theres dry moments when she dropped the ball on a line or 2, but shes actually for the most part convincing and relaxed... im proud of her, and look forward to her acting future. Valerian, Oceans Eight, Soul Sisters Im here for Rihanna the actress. Thats my favorite thing about her, she keeps groeing and getting better right in front of us.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

......shes officially a decent actress.....shes real decent on Bates Motel, like shes very captivating and I was worried that they were giving her such a reverred role (the famous Janet Leigh/the shower scene character), but GOD, Im believing her in this and shes serving those emotions nicely. Theres dry moments when she dropped the ball on a line or 2, but shes actually for the most part convincing and relaxed... im proud of her, and look forward to her acting future. Valerian, Oceans Eight, Soul Sisters Im here for Rihanna the actress. Thats my favorite thing about her, she keeps groeing and getting better right in front of us.

When I first seen her in Battleship I already saw her as an actress and not one who tries to act like Bey or some of the other girls. From what i've seen from their acting Christina, Nicki, Rihanna, and Teyana Taylor can all act.