The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

rihannastan.jpg

Rihanna A.K.A R i h l l a h

is a global icon and a living legend.
She has sold about 500 million records worldwide (Singles are records. 80 million is almost 100, 100 is almost halfway to 300, which is more than halfway to 500. # webadyoumad)

Artist Bio
The story of Rihanna the Global Queen begins on the small island of Barbados. When she was a little girl, her classmates called her “globe”. No, that was not a forehead joke; they just knew that one day she would be a global pop queen who would effortlessly slay your faves.
When she was 16 she auditioned for Def Jam Records and her voice sounded like a mixture of Anita Baker, Lauryn Hill, Jesus, and Coko from SWV. She was quickly signed and she then went on to become the Global Queen that she is today and one of the biggest selling artists of all time. # webadyoumad # navi # phuckyofavs

Talent
Rihanna is a better singer than Whitney Houston and a better dancer than Michael Jackson and I’m about to tell you why.
Performing is not always about being perfect, on-key, on-pitch, on beat or even sober. Rihanna may not be the best technical singer, but Grace Jones, Gwen Stefani, Macy Gray and Prince are not technical singers either. Sometimes it's not about technical proficiency, it's about emotion and personality and Rihanna's voice has a lot of character and emotion. Rihanna’s voice is very unique and distinct.
Contrary to popular opinion, Rihanna is extremely talented she just chooses to express it in a different way. What she has decided to do is show a little bit of her talent at a time. See, if she were to show all of her talent at one time like Lady Gaga and Beyonce, people would get bored with her; so she rations her talent out in bits and pieces to keep people interested. She gives one barely sufficient live performance every 8 months to keep people interested and ensure her longevity. She definitely has the capacity to be the best entertainer in the world; she just chooses to be mediocre because she’s humble, unlike some artists.
What some pressed stan bases fail to understand is that Rihanna is only 24 years old, she’s only had 8 years in the industry, 7 albums, dozens of singles and hundreds of TV performances and tour dates; she’s basically a new and inexperienced artist --- she has time to get better.

• youmadwebad # brap # itake6thgrademathbutiminthe12grade

Impact/Achievements
Rihanna is a global superstar. She's a fashion icon, hair icon, shoe icon, earring icon, pantyhose icon, bra icon, she's so iconic and impactful and global and iconicful and other words I heard the Monsters and The Beyhive use and if it's good enough for Gaga and Beyonce then damn it, it's good enough for Rihanna.

• Upvote 3

MTV NEWS REVIEWS "LOUD"

Forget the morose tone of Rihanna's Rated R; her album Loud, due November 10, certainly lives up to its name. A mixture of soft ballads, island party anthems and empowering love songs, Loud may go down as Rihanna's best album yet.

When MTV News got an early listen of the album, we were treated to six unreleased songs, including Rihanna's duet with Eminem, "Love the Way You Lie (Part II)," a sequel to their smash single released earlier this year. On the song, Rihanna tells her part of the story. The song opens with just her voice and the piano as she sings, "On the first page of our story, the future seemed so bright/ Then this thing turned so evil."

When the chorus kicks in, the hook from the original track is bigger and more cinematic than ever before, but it's Em's seething anger when he delivers his verse that will have fans going bananas. He raps about the pain she causes him just as much as he causes her, spitting rhymes about trading punches with his lady love.

While "Lie (Part II)" is dark, much of the album is about love and partying. On the Stargate-produced "S&M," there's no innuendo when Rihanna sings over a booming beat lyrics like "Sticks and stones may break my bones/ But chains and whips excite me."

"Cheers" is a party anthem featuring an Avril Lavigne sample from her 2003 song "I'm With You," but Rihanna turns the ballad on its head with an island-flavored beat.

Going further into embracing her island roots, Rihanna touches on ska and reggae for her song "Man Down,"complete with police sirens and playful synths while singing about shooting a man.

However, Rihanna falls in love on the album too, as evidenced by tracks like "What's My Name?" (She recently shot a scene with Drake for the video. A photo was leaked from the shoot showing the two sharing a laugh while lounging on the couch.)

On "Complicated," Rihanna sings about her playful relationship with her boyfriend. It's airy and has a house-music vibe. She displays her singing chops on the song, belting out lines like "You're not easy to love" and "Everything with you is so complicated." The song is synthy, funky, flirty and bouncy, especially when the beat kicks in midway through.

"California King (Bed)" is a return to power-pop ballads for the singer. She sounds lovely on the breakup track, showing her soft side with lines like, "Chest to chest, nose to nose, palm to palm, we was always just that close," but as it turns out, the pair have certainly grown apart.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651058/20101028/rihanna.jhtml

• Upvote 3