It wasn't bad at all, and he doesn't sound gay :lmao:

I was a little thrown off by the stupid vocal echo, he

could definitely do without that.

I'm actually glad I listened to it, because I actually

learned some of the words I never knew due to Janet's

heavy Jacksonese used in the song :lmao: :lmao:

"I wanna rock with you, let's converse

talk with your body, don't say anything at all"

Haha, call me crazy, but I didn't know the underlined parts before :unsure::lol:

Really? :mellow:

Really, Really -_-:lol:

In my defense, I never really listened to the song enough to memorize it all. I can probably count the amount of times I played/listened to it using two hands...definitely my least favorite Janet single release since the turn of the century -_-

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow::wtf::fail:

:lmao: Damn, you really came for me with all of those smileys Angie -_-

Sorry...I'm still salty at "Luv" not being properly released. And if she wanted a dancier/more pop oriented single, she should have opted for "2nite" as it's a better song. "Rock With U" is so bland, and requires little to no vocal ability, Janet's better than that -_-

Sorry...I'm still salty at "Luv" not being properly released. And if she wanted a dancier/more pop oriented single, she should have opted for "2nite" as it's a better song. "Rock With U" is so bland, and requires little to no vocal ability, Janet's better than that -_-

the instrumental to Rock With U kills all! You crazy. Janet's voice fits the song perfect. It isn't meant to be sung loudly.

Blame LA Reid -_-

the instrumental to Rock With U kills all! You crazy. Janet's voice fits the song perfect. It isn't meant to be sung loudly.

The instrumental may be dope, but the song itself isn't, at least IMO. I've always been a left-field Janet fan, a bunch of songs Janet fans like...I don't. And vice versa. In my opinion, "2nite" is a similar song to "Rock With U"...and it's better. If dance/pop is the direction they wanted to go in for a single, RWU should have been swapped for 2N. I understand that RWU doesn't call for a powerhouse vocal, that's not what I was stating. I was just saying that there's nothing special about her vocal, it was very bland and tired...it's vocals like this that fuel the "janet CAN'T SING" claims. We all know Janet can sing, but non fans only have singles to draw their opinion from. This is a poor representation of her voice, she had a genre similar track that is more radio-friendly and lyrically non repetitive that could have been released. It's whatever though, I just don't think it's a good song. Personally I think "Luv" shits on them both! ^_^

The hell it is :mellow:

The instrumental may be dope, but the song itself isn't, at least IMO. I've always been a left-field Janet fan, a bunch of songs Janet fans like...I don't. And vice versa. In my opinion, "2nite" is a similar song to "Rock With U"...and it's better. If dance/pop is the direction they wanted to go in for a single, RWU should have been swapped for 2N. I understand that RWU doesn't call for a powerhouse vocal, that's not what I was stating. I was just saying that there's nothing special about her vocal, it was very bland and tired...it's vocals like this that fuel the "janet CAN'T SING" claims. We all know Janet can sing, but non fans only have singles to draw their opinion from. This is a poor representation of her voice, she had a genre similar track that is more radio-friendly and lyrically non repetitive that could have been released. It's whatever though, I just don't think it's a good song. Personally I think "Luv" shits on them both! ^_^

WEll I know I went to the club with 3 of my friends in the car and I was bumping this and they were in their seats groovin' and my friend Brandi goes "Oooh I like this...it has a funky and sexy vibe to it." They didn't even know who it was til I told them :blush:

WEll I know I went to the club with 3 of my friends in the car and I was bumping this and they were in their seats groovin' and my friend Brandi goes "Oooh I like this...it has a funky and sexy vibe to it." They didn't even know who it was til I told them :blush:

Don't get me wrong, I supported it like hell when it was out, simply because it is Janet. But I'd be lying if I said I loved it. Now having said that, I feel like 95% of Janet's material SLAYS most of what is played on the radio, and I would take "Rock With U" over some of the current shit that's out...I ain't naming names or song titles... :whistle::lol: